TZ is up.. (1.2.1 Feedback and Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonboy71

Apr 21, 2012
Anyone saying it works fine hasn't has their device go to sleep yet. When your iOS device goes to sleep, TZ will be locked again an you have to repeat the process. Also backers of $25 or more were promised a custom pinball only for us and not only did we not get it, everyone got custom ball skins for free. Horrible!!!

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone saying it works fine hasn't has their device go to sleep yet. When your iOS device goes to sleep, TZ will be locked again an you have to repeat the process. Also backers of $25 or more were promised a custom pinball only for us and not only did we not get it, everyone got custom ball skins for free. Horrible!!!

Works fine for me and I've had both my ipad and iphone go to sleep. Stays unlocked.

Gus Smedstad

Dec 6, 2012
Works fine for me and I've had both my ipad and iphone go to sleep. Stays unlocked.

I lost the table and can't get it back, even followning the suggestions here. I don't know what particularly caused the game to forget I owned the table - it might have been having it sleep due to time out instead of deliberately using the lock button as I usually do. In any case it's gone.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
The "Buy Now" bug really has me ticked off. I've been a die hard supporter from day 1 but this is really ruining things for me. I just finished a game of TZ and went to play Big Shot - no dice. Tried logging in and out - no luck. Tried again - still wants me to purchase the table pack (again). I give up. Logging out/in worked before - but not now.

This is what I get for helping out with the Kickstarter? I gotta say, I'll be hard pressed to donate to any future Kickstarters at this rate.

You're losing a big fan FS. I can overlook some of the bugs, but when I can't play the tables I paid for, that's just unacceptable. Please fix this issue!

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
I'm sure I read somewhere they were going to update the interface for this release, was there a reason why this hasn't happened yet?

policefan99

Jul 13, 2012
It's really pretty simple. Farsight does not care about there customer base. I paid for the kickstarter and still don't have the TZ table. I refuse to jump through hoops to get something I paid for. It should have been as simple as getting an iTunes code to enter and get the table, similar to what you would get from Starbucks free app of the week. If you wait on an update I can tell you that you will be have to go on life support if you hold you breathe. All of the Farsighted updates due to crappy QA have taken no less than 2 weeks to resolve.

I wish someone at Farsight could prove me wrong. Go ahead, I dare ya to turn all of this negative experience into a positive one.....

policefan99

Jul 13, 2012
It's coming in the next update with Star Trek.

This is a perfect example. We should not have to wait until the Star Trek update. I have had other apps resolve their bugs in 2 days. More of the same ole crap. Promise a release....delay the release...release with bugs...state that the bug will be fixed in the next update...delay update until next release...rinse...repeat....

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Any idea if they have the redemption working with the ST:TNG release? I don't want to have to go through the same flip-flopping between owning and not owning all the tables I've bought over the past few months again. In the end I (half-accidentally) bought the TZ table which TPA kept forgetting I was entitled to. At least everything appeared to work after that (for the cost of £5.49).

With hindsight, I dearly wish they had released TZ as a standalone app for iOS.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Any idea if they have the redemption working with the ST:TNG release? I don't want to have to go through the same flip-flopping between owning and not owning all the tables I've bought over the past few months again. In the end I (half-accidentally) bought the TZ table which TPA kept forgetting I was entitled to. At least everything appeared to work after that (for the cost of £5.49).

With hindsight, I dearly wish they had released TZ as a standalone app for iOS.
As of the latest ST:TNG beta, it understands that I own all the tables, including TZ and ST:TNG, and has not "forgotten" any of them yet. (Previously I was experiencing the same "TZ-or-everything-else" bug mentioned numerous times here.)

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
As of the latest ST:TNG beta, it understands that I own all the tables, including TZ and ST:TNG, and has not "forgotten" any of them yet. (Previously I was experiencing the same "TZ-or-everything-else" bug mentioned numerous times here.)

It's completely unacceptable that they're sitting on a fix for this. I feel like a chump for giving them a dime of Kickstarter money.

I've given Farsight every possible benefit of the doubt for as long as possible, but this is inexcusable.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This is a perfect example. We should not have to wait until the Star Trek update. I have had other apps resolve their bugs in 2 days. More of the same ole crap. Promise a release....delay the release...release with bugs...state that the bug will be fixed in the next update...delay update until next release...rinse...repeat....

I wasn't talking about bugs (but you do have a very valid point). I was responding to francis247uk about the new interface/menu that is coming.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's completely unacceptable that they're sitting on a fix for this. I feel like a chump for giving them a dime of Kickstarter money.

I've given Farsight every possible benefit of the doubt for as long as possible, but this is inexcusable.
Another user asked a question about whether a widespread and annoying bug was fixed, and I replied that judging from the latest beta the answer appeared to be "yes", therefore FarSight is behaving unacceptably...wait, what?!

You aren't serious, right?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've been as frustrated as everyone else with the TZ problems on ios. It's annoying having to sign in and out of FarSight's login and then sign in to my apple id. It's extremely annoying to start a game of TZ to find out that it didn't recognize I already own the table and prompt me to buy it. Nonetheless, I can understand why FarSight is taking a while till releasing the next update. I am assuming that they're waiting to do it alongside ST:TNG. From what I understand Apple is really backed up with the ios app approval process and if FarSight tries to submit just a bug fix update, they might not get ST:TNG out by the end of the month. Ticked as may be about this, I'll continue to be patient and find other games (like the pretty cool Walking Dead game) to occupy the limited free hours I have this time of year.

Finally, the most frustrating thing about this is the people who just bought the game outright without supporting the Kickstarter aren't having these issues to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately, it will be remembered when FarSight posts their next Kickstarter.

Last edited:

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Another user asked a question about whether a widespread and annoying bug was fixed, and I replied that judging from the latest beta the answer appeared to be "yes", therefore FarSight is behaving unacceptably...wait, what?!

You aren't serious, right?

I'm absolutely serious. I still haven't been able to consistently redeem Twilight Zone. The login/logout dance sort of works, sometimes, and of course I always have to download other tables again and of course I always lose high scores. Apparently the problem is fixed but they haven't bothered to issue a patch for it; instead they're waiting until the next update that includes the next table. I don't know any way to interpret that other than that they don't particularly give a crap.

If I had a company that used a Kickstarter to beg my existing customers to fund the next phase of my business, and then the customers who gave me money ended up having a much worse and more annoying experience than the ones who didn't, I would put fixing the problem for those customers at the top of my priority list. Apparently Farsight thinks it's fine if we all just wait another month instead.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
I've been as frustrated as everyone else with the TZ problems on ios. It's annoying having to sign in and out of FarSight's login and then sign in to my apple id. It's extremely annoying to start a game of TZ to find out that it didn't recognize I already own the table and prompt me to buy it. Nonetheless, I can understand why FarSight is taking a while till releasing the next update. I am assuming that they're waiting to do it alongside ST:TNG. From what I understand Apple is really backed up with the ios app approval process and if FarSight tries to submit just a bug fix update, they might not get ST:TNG out by the end of the month. Ticked as may be about this, I'll continue to be patient and find other games (like the pretty cool Walking Dead game) to occupy the limited free hours I have this time of year.

An expedited app review process exists for this exact sort of problem.

Finally, the most frustrating thing about this is the people who just bought the game outright without supporting the Kickstarter aren't having these issues to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately, it will be remembered when FarSight posts their next Kickstarter.

Anyone who didn't back the Kickstarter is happily playing Twilight Zone for less money and zero hassles.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm absolutely serious. I still haven't been able to consistently redeem Twilight Zone. The login/logout dance sort of works, sometimes, and of course I always have to download other tables again and of course I always lose high scores. Apparently the problem is fixed but they haven't bothered to issue a patch for it; instead they're waiting until the next update that includes the next table. I don't know any way to interpret that other than that they don't particularly give a crap.

If I had a company that used a Kickstarter to beg my existing customers to fund the next phase of my business, and then the customers who gave me money ended up having a much worse and more annoying experience than the ones who didn't, I would put fixing the problem for those customers at the top of my priority list. Apparently Farsight thinks it's fine if we all just wait another month instead.
Given all this, I can't even begin to imagine what you would have said had FarSight released the fix without testing it first and it had broken something else. (And actually, it did break something else in the beta, which has now also been fixed.)

The idea to use Kickstarter to help fund TZ and ST:TNG was not originally FarSight's. It was suggested to them, FarSight asked on their Facebook page whether this was a good idea or not, received an affirmative answer, and went ahead with it. You can certainly claim the execution was botched afterwards - it was, in several different ways - but they were not begging their customers to fund their business. From what I understand, had either of the tables failed, FarSight would have simply moved on to another non-licensed table, and we probably would not have seen any of the top-tier licensed tables in TPA at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.