Unfinished Business - Finishing Wizard Goals

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Down to the dirty jobs now. Frog Frenzy doesn't seem to bad, Genie will take work but Battle for the Kingdom is gonna be a b!tch.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Medieval Madness isn't nearly as difficult as I though. Activated Video Mode 3 times last night (with varying degrees of success). I should be able to complete that and Barnyard Multiball without much incident. We'll see about BFTK.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Finished off Barnyard Multiball and Video Mode. I think I'll finish off Frog Frenzy on Ripley's before I drive myself nuts with Genie and Medieval Madness.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Make sure you have at least 2 troll bombs before starting BFTK. To get a troll bomb first you must light TROLL by hitting either target in front of the gate then shots to the same target will count down till you get a troll bomb unless you start TROLLS then you must do it over again.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I was playing Ripley's a bunch yesterday. Had a great game with 2 trips to Atantis, but the weird thing was that i completed the tour of continents 3 times and only had 1 Super Jackpot lit.

Anyone else see this issue?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Did you get a perfect tour bonus? If you did, you can kiss the SJs after the tour goodbye.

All it takes to get a perfect tour is to do your last continent and get your last letter with it, even over multiple tours. For example, if I have one letter left and two continents left, I will purposely fail one continent in order to hopefully have the last continent spawn my last letter.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Once you score one perfect tour bonus you'll always have it from there on. On every end o' tour.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I finally got around to beating BFTK on Medieval Madness last night. Easily my best game ever since I activated the mode on my 1st ball.

My score topped out around 450M. Nice!

Now the last (and most ridiculous) hurdle remains. Genie 3,000,000. :(

Apr 8, 2012
I finally got around to beating BFTK on Medieval Madness last night. Easily my best game ever since I activated the mode on my 1st ball.

My score topped out around 450M. Nice!

Now the last (and most ridiculous) hurdle remains. Genie 3,000,000. :(

I feel your pain. I own every table that is available for the PS3 and the only wizard goal I have left to complete is the Genie 3,000,000.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
It's been a long while since I've revisited this thread. There's been a few wizard goals that have been added to my final Genie 3M goal. Some frustrating, others doable (if there's no bug preventing it):

The Champion Pub
•Win the Ultimate Challenge

Genie
•Score at least 3,000,000 points

Goin' Nuts
•Increase the timer to 360 seconds
•Earn a 500,000 point bonus

Pin*Bot
•Score a 1,000,000 point Solar Value
•Score a 495,000 bonus

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
you da man gooche! I have several wizard goals to finish, notable ones are Ripley's Atlantis and Frog Frenzy, and Monster Bash Lyman Lament (don't want to cheat and enter the code, want to earn it).

I don't believe anyone has beaten the Ultimate Challenge in CP. I'm trying for it every night, and it is crazy hard. I think its the hardest mode to complete in TPA.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I've been sooo close to the completing Ultimate Challenge. A few threads here state that you should save your smart punches till the end. I've used them in the beginning and it bugs out and ends the mode prematurely.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I've been sooo close to the completing Ultimate Challenge. A few threads here state that you should save your smart punches till the end. I've used them in the beginning and it bugs out and ends the mode prematurely.
I'm still developing my strategy. I always save up my smart punches, the first two fights I use no smart punches. The first fight you can just do jab combos off the stopper almost the entire way, then the last punch up the middle to win the fight. The second fight I do the same thing but it takes 2 hits to the fighter for the win, because the stopper goes down sooner. You are probably better than me, so with this saving your smart punch strategy, I bet you could do it.

The hard part of this table, for me, is that after you train with the jump rope and speed bag, you have to train using the heavy bag. That is where the drains happen. So around the time I hit the 4th or 5th fight, I'm on my last ball. Still need to figure some things out on this table to consistently get to the Ultimate challenge.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.