Unfinished Business - Finishing Wizard Goals

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Only use the speed bag and jump rope by boxer 3 or 4 to start a fight. The 1st and 2nd fight can be started using just the heavy bag.

The stoppers in the middle will give you an oppurtunity for 3-5 jabs without worrying about a drain on launch. If you can defeat the 1st boxer w/ little damage, repeat the last step. It should only take a few heavy bag shots to start the 2nd match.

I usually have 5-9 smart punches stored up for the ultimate challenge.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
ok just did that and got to the the last fight before the ultimate challenge, but for some reason my smart punches stopped working! I had 5 saved up, but they wouldn't work for the ultimate challenge. Trying again later, gotta go to work lol.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
There's a weird bug during UC. Don't use your smart punches until at least the 3rd boxer and see if that helps.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I've achieved all those except the Goin' Nuts ones.

Ultimate challenge is all about saving smart punches for last two fighters and the ultimate challenge itself. Plunge for smart punch every time, accumulate them whenever possible. Then wail away in the challenge itself. When you're about to drain or die, use the smart punches rapidly. I barely achieved it AS the ball was draining.

Pinbot is about hitting solar ramp over and over. It's boring but doable. Then you can collect in the multiball. Keeping the ball alive a very long time will almost insure the bonus, as will hitting that ramp to increase the multiplier.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Another tip for Pinbot solar value: the game keeps track of your progress from game to game. So, NEVER pause and exit. Always let the game finish, and you will get it eventually, as long as you do it in one sitting.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I've still got the Ultimate Challenge one to go as well. Gave up after it bugged out on me twice. (It just ended the mode despite me having plenty of health and 2-3 balls left)
I'm losing the will power to keep chasing these goals these days. If they're not silly(genie 3m) they're bugged (ultimate challenge, FUEL special on victory, bftk (although I did finally do this in the end))

Pod

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I completed the 1M Solar Bonus and 495K Bonus from Pin*Bot. Those are now out of the way along w/ the Wizard Goals from Victory and Class of 1812.

That just leaves the re-donks:

The Champion Pub
•Win the Ultimate Challenge

Genie
•Score at least 3,000,000 points

Goin' Nuts
•Increase the timer to 360 seconds
•Earn a 500,000 point bonus

Seriously, Has ANYONE even gotten close to the 360 seconds wizard goal in Goin' Nuts??

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Genie
•Score at least 3,000,000 points

Done!

I've played this table exclusively for the past two weeks. Constantly.

There were a couple of games where i tensed up and topped out around 2.5M to 2.8M. The concentration, careful constant nudging and ball control required for this is no joke. Today was the day I would not sacrifice any.

As soon as I passed 3M I relaxed and ended up with a final score of 5,100,740 and #7 on the leader boards. The relief is inexplicable to the the least.

Just don't expect the game ceter achievement when you get it. Still bugged, I believe.
Confirmed. My heart knows I have all the achievements now but my eyes tell me falsehoods. :(

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Seriously, Has ANYONE even gotten close to the 360 seconds wizard goal in Goin' Nuts??

Yeah, I got that goal on iPad a few weeks ago after some massive efforts. I wrote about how to do it in a Goin Nuts-thread. There are, unfortunately no magic tricks just hints.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
You've always been there for a good tip, Cristobal. Thank you kindly.

The Genie 3M goal is totally doable. Just committ yourself to playing the table exclusively for about 2 weeks and eventually you'll have it.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Just committ yourself to playing the table exclusively for about 2 weeks and eventually you'll have it.

Hehe, "just".

But that's prettty much what I did with Goin Nuts, only that it didn't take two weeks.

Ultimate Challenge is a quite fun and challenging goal to pursue. It has the right proportions and I feel it is a matter of becoming more and more skilled in order to finish that goal, rather than just plain luck or "playing the numbers".

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Nailed down Goin' Nuts' last 2 goals. Getting to 360 seconds wasn't nearly as troublesome as I once thought.

You're next Ultimate Challenge!!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
How'd you do it Gooche?

Getting close. Was at 326 when I drained yesterday.
I consistently aim for the 3 green drop targets. 3 ball multiballis are hard to maintain so I 2 ball control is key.

To that end, I try to shoot a ball to the upper playfield and use the other to bash the crap out of those greenies. The ball in the upper playfield is good for random points but green is the bread and butter.

If I'm down to 1 ball I'll light the left rollover shoot the ball and pray I get multiball going again. Sometimes I'll luck out and nail the 3 ball multiball and that's about it.

On a side note, I managed to get to the last boxer during the Ultimate Challenge and was knocked out an hour ago. So close.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Finally got the 360 goal.

I followed Gooche's advice, stopped trapping up at all, and just started flipping away, trying to keep only one ball near the bottom, and shooting the green and reds targets with the remaining ball.

I actually kept getting to 300, then would get really nervous and do something stupid to end the ball. So for my final run, I disabled the HUD when I hit 250. This let me listen to a podcast and forget about the game long enough to hit the 360.

Cristobal and Gooche, thanks for your tips and thoughts. I honestly thought this was the one I would never get.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Congrats, I am glad you finally made it. You got 'em all now, right?

I feel the same way about 3M. UltimateChallenge I feel I can do if I really put some time and effort into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.