Unity3D and VP

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Umm.. I was talking to Vegard.
But Draino, keep in mind that this is early Alpha and needs a hell lot of optimization. See it as a "sneak preview".

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
There's a dll you need to replace. I can't remember exactly which. Did you do that?

Well, now I've deleted both VP and FP, but I'll look at it again later. Some dll for VPinMame or something. I guess.

It runs fine on my PC. I don't have to lower the quality. AMD HD7950 GPU.

Replace the vpinmame.dll in the Visual PinMame folder, and reinstall pinmame.
Get the proper ROMs for the tables. The table download page on unit3dpinball.net
tells you which ROMs.

Or read the User Docs -> First Steps.

Thanks.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Few things I like to add.
Always run this program in real full screen mode which gives you more FPS.
Also disable vsync. I've seen reports that people get low fps on win8 but it runs
fine on their win7 machine. Classof1812 is a hell lot of fun, but you need a special nvram file
for this table. The default nvram doesn't allow you to insert coins. This is already on the bug list.
And follow the "official" thread on vpforums. The devs are very active there.

Last edited:

nabby2020

Mar 2, 2014
Does U3D have 3 screen support for cabs? I have three monitors without the DMD but don't want to waste time on it if it doesn't. Sounds like it plays better than TBA though...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It's an alpha and this is it's second release. It might not have support yet, but if not then no doubt it will eventually. What harm is there in trying it?

nabby2020

Mar 2, 2014
It's an alpha and this is it's second release. It might not have support yet, but if not then no doubt it will eventually. What harm is there in trying it?

True, I'll give it a go. Since its related to FP can you use bam with it? That'd be awesome

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The objects are imported from fp's editor but it doesn't use fp's engine in game. I'm not sure if it's something that needs to be programmed in or if unity can handle bam natively

nabby2020

Mar 2, 2014
Has anyone else had trouble calibrating the screens to their cab? When I drag the cross hairs it leaves a trace of the window behind it covering everything. Also, I can't get them to move to the other screens...

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Are there newer videos then the ones linked on the homepage? because i'm not impressed with what's there. It seems the playfield slope is jacked up to high hell, and that screws up a lot of kickouts. Magnetic personality shouldn't bump the slingshot on the way out.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Tried to log on to the Pinball 3D website today and the page is not available anyone know if the team abandoned the project ?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
They claim to have a license and be legal. but if that's true, then how can they do TAF? it would seem that they would need to go through the same hoops Farsight has to.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
They have a legal license of the unity 3d engine, that's all.
But they don't sell anything.
You can print toilet paper with festers face on it and legally share it with your friends.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.