Update 2.16

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
257 mb So whats new or fixed. I didn't have leaderboard issues or custom ball skins disappearances, did this fix that?
One of these days will get a change log....one of these days.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
The White Water bug that froze the game at the high score screen seems to have been fixed as well. I only tried it once though.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Arabian Nights now says "Tales of the" before it in the main menu to make it in alphabetical order.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
White Water bug is still there. On first attempt.

Its really bad because playing her without those 2 stages its absolutely a new experience... :(

Annyway, the leaderboards were fixed and Flight 2k, Going Nuts and T2 are all there as well...

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
White Water bug is still there. On first attempt.

Its really bad because playing her without those 2 stages its absolutely a new experience... :(

Annyway, the leaderboards were fixed and Flight 2k, Going Nuts and T2 are all there as well...

When I have a chance, I'll try White Water again and post an update. This bug is so infuriating...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I wish they would once and for all address the ugly mobile style menu. I remember them saying it was only a temperary place holder until their new (at the time) graphic artist fixed it up. This was like six months ago.

As always with each new update I check for the following:

1. Ability to play music from the XMB? - NO
2. Stereoscopic 3D option added? - NO

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wish they would once and for all address the ugly mobile style menu. I remember them saying it was only a temperary place holder until their new (at the time) graphic artist fixed it up. This was like six months ago.

As always with each new update I check for the following:

1. Ability to play music from the XMB? - NO
2. Stereoscopic 3D option added? - NO

I think this IS the fixed up version.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It can't be... FS said they have hired a guy just for build a new UI.

So, the new UI is just the re-designed buttons? :confused: (a 10mn work with Photoshop...)

What the...

If they hired a guy 6 months ago to do this then he should be done by now! That's my only working theory that we already have the new and improved.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Good GRIEF!

The table selection menu looks like ass. All the fonts are grainy and not aliased at all... That's great TOTAN is finally in the right place, but the menu screen quality and resolution look like something from the SNES days. :(

Wow. The Season One and Season Two Fonts are so big they are smashed on top of each other.

Please, somebody else take a look at any of the table banners after selecting it from the list, (TOTAN was what I looked at first) and tell me if it looks as blocky, fuzzy, and lo-res as it does on mine. Seriously, my phone and android tablet have twice the resolution as my 1080p PS3.

Weak sauce. :(

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
If they hired a guy 6 months ago to do this then he should be done by now! That's my only working theory that we already have the new and improved.

If they hired a new guy to work on the PS3 graphics, and THIS is the result, then they need someone else. This is pathetic. Every time they put out a new update I cross my fingers and hope "this one will be better".... :( Not only is it not "better", it's just plain UGLY and I can't understand why it continues to get WORSE, instead of better. I swear I am starting to wonder if FS even owns a working PS3 at this point, since it's glaringly obvious that none of this stuff gets tested, or even looked at closely, before it's sent to PSN for release. Why am I looking at fuzzy, lo-res 8 bit graphics in 2013 on a 1080p PS3? PLEASE somebody explain this. If FS seriously wants to compete with Zen (or anyone else making VP tables), this stuff HAS to be addressed and updated. Sorry but it's inexcusable.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If they hired a new guy to work on the PS3 graphics, and THIS is the result, then they need someone else. This is pathetic. Every time they put out a new update I cross my fingers and hope "this one will be better".... :( Not only is it not "better", it's just plain UGLY and I can't understand why it continues to get WORSE, instead of better. I swear I am starting to wonder if FS even owns a working PS3 at this point, since it's glaringly obvious that none of this stuff gets tested, or even looked at closely, before it's sent to PSN for release. Why am I looking at fuzzy, lo-res 8 bit graphics in 2013 on a 1080p PS3? PLEASE somebody explain this. If FS seriously wants to compete with Zen (or anyone else making VP tables), this stuff HAS to be addressed and updated. Sorry but it's inexcusable.

I don't think they ever said they were hiring someone to work on the PS3 graphics. They said they were hiring someone to work on the UI in general. I think FS thinks that if it looks OK on mobile then that's good enough for the PS3. It's part of the 360 fallout. They would spend more time on the console version if there was more than one console that they sell on. Maybe we'll see something new if they do the big PS3 reboot patch. I'm hoping the whole presentation is redone for the PS4.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah in theory they'll try a bit harder with the PS4 version, it being a launch title and all for the new console generation. I don't count on the PS3 version ever getting a UI overhaul. And heck I'm back to playing at 480p now because of the PS3 flipper lag which they have never bothered to fix. ; |

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think they ever said they were hiring someone to work on the PS3 graphics. They said they were hiring someone to work on the UI in general. I think FS thinks that if it looks OK on mobile then that's good enough for the PS3. It's part of the 360 fallout. They would spend more time on the console version if there was more than one console that they sell on. Maybe we'll see something new if they do the big PS3 reboot patch. I'm hoping the whole presentation is redone for the PS4.

This is not the new redesigned PS3 menu that was mentioned would be out soon by Farsight.
It was mentioned after this current revision was released. People were talking about how bad it looked and how low resolution the pictures being used were and they said, and I'm paraphrasing here, it's a temporary placeholder and that they have a new graphics guy working on it.

It was posted somewhere on here, but I don't really feel like digging for it.

Members online

Members online