Update 2.16

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I guess the UI wouldn't be so bad if we had a small touch screen....will mobiles continue to dictate the path of TPA after PS4/PC release? I hope not this is getting loppsided.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I guess the UI wouldn't be so bad if we had a small touch screen....will mobiles continue to dictate the path of TPA after PS4/PC release? I hope not this is getting loppsided.

Mobiles don't dictate the path, money does. You know that SS. The nose follows the green and that will not change unless the consoles become a bigger share of the market. Sad but true.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
The menu is shxxx, they could've sticked with that old one with the greater pic of the tables(and release date order) of the v 1.0 (even that looks horrible, but compared to the actual tablet menu for PS3...................).

I was wondering - since T2 is already on the leaderboards, can we get both packs tomorrow? I didnt remember if TZ or STTNG came out the same week with another "normal" pack... and early october could be easilly changed to mid september, since T2 was also released earlier for other devices...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The menu is shxxx, they could've sticked with that old one with the greater pic of the tables(and release date order) of the v 1.0 (even that looks horrible, but compared to the actual tablet menu for PS3...................).

I was wondering - since T2 is already on the leaderboards, can we get both packs tomorrow? I didnt remember if TZ or STTNG came out the same week with another "normal" pack... and early october could be easilly changed to mid september, since T2 was also released earlier for other devices...

They have not released two packs in the same week on the PS3. They have been separated by at least a week.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They have not released two packs in the same week on the PS3. They have been separated by at least a week.

Actually, table packs 1 and 2 were released on the same day for PS3 (but not vita). It was a big mess.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013

Actually, up until the last pack (Champions pub/ whirlwind) season pass holders got access to both packs at the same time.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mobiles don't dictate the path, money does. You know that SS. The nose follows the green and that will not change unless the consoles become a bigger share of the market. Sad but true.

While mobile will always be king, the consoles would be a bigger share than they are now if the quality was up to par. I personally stopped buying PS3 packs several months ago because of poor art quality, and I know I'm not the only one...and of course there's the 360 situation...

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
If the console makers wouldn't be so damn stubborn and make their DLC policy more developer friendly then maybe console sales wouldn't be so dire. The way it is now, consoles will never be able to compete with mobiles.

Plus today's mobiles are way more powerful than the grossly outdated ps3/360.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm still hopeful Farsight can work something out with Sony on the trophy situation.
They seem to have a good relationship with them after E3 and being a launch title for the PS4..perhaps they can get it sorted.

I'm also hoping to get 3D stereoscopic and the ability to play background music via XMB.
I suppose after the PS4 comes out I won't really care too much about these shortcomings.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If the console makers wouldn't be so damn stubborn and make their DLC policy more developer friendly then maybe console sales wouldn't be so dire. The way it is now, consoles will never be able to compete with mobiles.

True, but it'd be nice if the DLC quality was higher in the first place. It's easy to blame the update process, but it wouldn't be much of an issue if Farsight made sure things were up to snuff before submitting the DLC.

And if your last statement is true then why aren't we seeing console-quality lighting on mobile yet?

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

There is a reason they charge a higher fee and have stricter regulations than iOS/Android App Stores..
Have you seen the sheer amount of crap on those stores? There are about 10 fake versions to every real game.
I never want PSN to turn into that!

I.E. If a game company can't afford the fees or regulate their DLC in an organized fashion they have no business making games.

Eh? Please show me a mobile gaming system that is more powerful than a PS3.

I'd love to see a portable mobile handle this...

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
True, but it'd be nice if the DLC quality was higher in the first place. It's easy to blame the update process, but it wouldn't be much of an issue if Farsight made sure things were up to snuff before submitting the DLC.

And if your last statement is true then why aren't we seeing console-quality lighting on mobile yet?

QFT.

Honestly, i think the lighting on PS3 is by far the worst aspect of the game. Seriously. Give me the same "normal" lighting as iOS and Android and it would be a marked improvement over what we've got currently, which is a miserable washed out pink glow.

I just don't understand the lack of QC on these releases.... if you know the release can't be fixed why not spend the time and get it right the first time? I can understand the first few tables being weird, BUT not anymore. They know they can't patch, yet continue to release new dlc with obvious bugs and art issues. That's just silly, and not good business in the long run, imo...

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

:confused::confused::confused:

There is a reason they charge a higher fee and have stricter regulations than iOS/Android App Stores..
Have you seen the sheer amount of crap on those stores? There are about 10 fake versions to every real game.

+1

PS3 is powerful (with some work), but update process is crap.
Mobiles have an easy update process, but are much less powerful.

Power + easy and free update = PC version.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The iPhone has more ram than a ps3. Doesn't the iPhone 5 have a gig of ram?

Bad choice of words on my part.

More ram doesn't mean more power.

My Galaxy Nexus has a gig of ram as well, but the CPU can't compare to the PS3.

There's no way in hell it could ever run something on the level of GTAV.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.