Version 1.43.7

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
To say it here again, me and at least one other person can't really play the tournament, because we are in the wrong tear with no leaderboards and no score counting.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I'd love to try it out later today, at the table selection screen I'm guessing the color of the tabs above each tables icon suggests some type of progression? Gray being untouched, bronze/orange perhaps having some goals attained?

Imo the bronze/orange tabs don't require more fade than the gray ones: if your intent is to show progression via color why wash it away?

I know someone puts a lot of effort into those balls and I think they're fine on their own on the leaderboards page but not feeling the circles in squares at the table selection.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The existing UI is much nicer - this new one is way too complex for a video game.

It reminds me of Windows 8 when the start menu was removed, and tiles were added in a totally random order.

I think I will make the current public version of TPA my last update for the cabinet, locked and working with the latest camera/cab mod until some kind of command-line table launch is added by Farsight (like Zen added). Hopefully that can be done.

If you find a way to keep TPA from auto-updating let me know. Steam doesn't seem to have a "Don't update at all" option so the only way I can think to do it is to keep it offline.
That won't work though because as soon as I take the cab online for any reason it will immediately auto-update.

Would be nice if they gave us the option of sticking with the current UI. It's going to wreck the camera mod and take all those cabinets down too.

Lame. At least it looks like it doesn't require a mouse. The scripts should all be able to be re-made, but that's a huge amount of work for no reason.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Keep the PinballArcade11.exe file you currently have and when the game updates, replace the updated EXE with the old one, this way the mod is still working (in offline mode only).

The scripts won't have to be re-made, the mod should support direct table launching soon.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Got high score #4 on bride of pinbot this evening, entered my initials ... and they did not show up. High score #4 has a blank space where the initials would go in the score list. This isn't just in the UI - the game's display shows a blank for the initials for score #4 when in attract mode.

This is new with this version; I've entered my initials for that table many times.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Keep the PinballArcade11.exe file you currently have and when the game updates, replace the updated EXE with the old one, this way the mod is still working (in offline mode only).

The scripts won't have to be re-made, the mod should support direct table launching soon.

I was told that wouldn't work as it would just re-download the updated file immediately, but I'll give it a shot thanks. I don't use your camera mod (which is awesome by the way) because it doesn't support the action/moving playfield cams. I use a module for Rocketlauncher/Hyperspin to auto-navigate/launch the tables. I have tons of hours of work tweaking it to work just right with the current UI and now it looks like I'll need to scrap all that work and start over.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
FYI, I set the public beta to 1.43.8. I'll update it to the new UI when that build is ready (looking like monday due to a bug with the DX11 version) and I'll post a new thread for that.

I'm opted in the UI BETA, at ver 1.43.8, but no new UI ... anyone else seeing the new UI?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
1.43.8 is a bug fix for 1.43.7, it does not have the New UI beta yet - I'm pretty sure FS will communicate when it is actually up. The beta listed in Steam is still the old, old, DX11 beta.

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Still having DX11 version not properly launching 1920x1080, I still have to press enter twice to get it right, any ETA on fixing this?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Hmm. No new version post by Mike r.?
Looks like someone is busy with the new Stern app

BTW - Tried to get the beta several times without success.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts