Video: Table Pack #5

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Just watched the video (mainly to look at the 360 renditions) and that HD video doesn't do it justice at all. Show someone who can play well to ramp up the speedometre for multiball, then show some of that while shooting the red light for a patch,or even better, a hurry-up extra ball, I seriously haven't made that shot once grmbl while setting up the next Harley multiball or something. The taxi video is perfect however, shows of why that table is just great.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I played this table at a theater here and it surprised me too. I like the speed matched with the simplicity of the playfield. It's not exactly High Speed but it might be the closest analogue to it in the Stern era.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Finally, Taxi without underwater physics ;) So this is properly emulated, right? Because there are a ton of little sound effects that I don't remember from the PHOF version.

haha yes. couple days ago i fired up my Wii versions of PHOFs (gottlieb and williams) and the thing that jumped out at me immediately was how slowwwww the physics were. it was like playing in slow motion, compared to TPA. kudos to Farsight -- it's hard to notice how far they've come until you play them side by side.

all the tables obviously look much better on the ipad than on the wii, but there was one exception: Black Hole actually seemed graphically sharper and more attractive on the Wii, for some reason.

anyway ... can't wait for the update.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've never played it but I look forward to it. There are a few tables that I would never have played if not for TPA and some have been surprisingly enjoyable.

I'm always looking forward to their releases.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2505&picno=40556&zoom=1
MAJOR BUG: Flippers are not in the correct placements in Taxi: notice the holes on where they need to be. I have posted a link to IPDB's picture on the game; compare this with the video. By the way, enjoyed the video :)

EDIT: I've compared those two; they seem to have a smaller gap than Medieval Madness currently does, if you guys know what I'm saying.
I was looking forward to this, but if this suffers from MM syndrome, it's going to really suck.
The flippers themselves are also wrong. There should be yellow rubbers on them.
On the bright side, does this mean they've submitted (or soon will submit) the title update and DLC to MS?

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Looks fantastics.

@ Mike

What is the Black Line on the right Flip (Taxi). First seen on CV. Grafik Bug? I look DLC 3, 4 video this self.

bug.jpg

This is an art issue, I let Jason know about it.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I think i remember Mike said that Microsoft makes them do that so everything fits on older SD TVs.

There is a "safe area" border on the screen, that MS (Sony and Nintendo) require us to fit all "important" graphics inside. I'll discuss it with the designers to see if we can move it over that border a little bit.

Safe Area made sense on the old Tube TV's, but makes less sense on HD Tvs.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I was looking forward to this, but if this suffers from MM syndrome, it's going to really suck.
On the bright side, does this mean they've submitted (or soon will submit) the title update and DLC to MS?

I think its an art issue. The ios has the yellow circles not alligned either, yet I can assure you the flippers are fine. Maybe its worth putting a thread up for tbles that have this (any other than mm and taxi have this?

Gordon

May 28, 2012

look Flyer, don´t yello rubber.

Flyer

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Looks like yellow flippers on the MARALYN TAXI makes sense blonde yellow flippers LOLA red head red flippers.
need a SD/HD option for the score location?

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Harley Davidson looks kinda bad for me. The Textures look very low res. Taxi is ok, but not really a highlight. Anyway, whenever it´s available in Europe in the future (far far far) i will buy it, cause I´m a collector :) Hopefully we see some DLC´s in September in Europe!! Sick of waiting!!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So, is the Harley Davidson for consoles going to rumble the heck outta the controllers like the real table?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
So, is the Harley Davidson for consoles going to rumble the heck outta the controllers like the real table?

I tried hooking the vibrate up to the shaker motor in HD, but the problem is it fires way too much. Which violates TCRs with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo about how long and often you are allow to rumble the controller. If we let it in there, your hands would be numb after playing a single game.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I tried hooking the vibrate up to the shaker motor in HD, but the problem is it fires way too much. Which violates TCRs with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo about how long and often you are allow to rumble the controller. If we let it in there, your hands would be numb after playing a single game.
Good lord, they even have rules and regulations about how often you are allowed to rumble the controller?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It's just as well Mike , my experience is with the PS3 controller the more they vibrate the faster the battery drains out , it's also probably a good way to wear down a controller too .

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I can assure you the flippers are fine.

hmmm.... the flippers are clearly in the wrong place. Time will tell, we shall see.

I was wondering about that when I noticed that the yellow circles under the flippers didn't seem to be lined up. Maybe it's just the artwork though, the actual gap looks about right to me.

I think the gap looks fine, the flippers are just 1/2" higher than they should be.

It'll make making the shot to the express lane a lot easier, I'm guessing, less risk of hitting the slingshot post if you flip late, as the flippers are that much higher.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Good lord, they even have rules and regulations about how often you are allowed to rumble the controller?
Unlike their other regulations, this one actually makes some sense. I had a ball get stuck behind the vari-target in Ripley's once during a multiball and ended up playing 5 minutes or so with a continuously vibrating controller. Rough on both the hands and the battery.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
hmmm.... the flippers are clearly in the wrong place. Time will tell, we shall see.

Looking at the rail of the inner lanes and where those place and how the flippers should be aligned, I'm bound to believe the yellow dots are in the wrong place.. Maybe the playfield art is placed wrong or stretched at certain pounts that causes this. I don't get it personally as I think it's the easiest alignement from object to playfield to make, but I'm no 3D modelling artist.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.