Video: Table Pack #5

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
and ended up playing 5 minutes or so with a continuously vibrating controller. Rough on both the hands and the battery.

This happens with several games on Xbox 360. My solution: unplug the battery pack for a moment, then resync the controller. Usually the "rumble impulse" that set off the rumble loop in the first place isn't sent constantly...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This happens with several games on Xbox 360. My solution: unplug the battery pack for a moment, then resync the controller. Usually the "rumble impulse" that set off the rumble loop in the first place isn't sent constantly...
I tried that. In TPA's case with a ball stuck behind the vari-target, the rumble impulse is sent constantly.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Looking at the rail of the inner lanes and where those place and how the flippers should be aligned, I'm bound to believe the yellow dots are in the wrong place..

Well, looking at the real table, the rail of the inner lanes bends down towards the flipper, not run into it. Also look at the fulcrum point, the pivot point for the fippers on the real table, it's WAY closer to the hood of the cars. Pretty much where the yellow circles are.

take another look at this pic :) see how the rail bends at the right side flipper ?

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2505&picno=40556&zoom=1

The dots are in the right place. Our flippers aren't.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Well, looking at the real table, the rail of the inner lanes bends down towards the flipper, not run into it. Also look at the fulcrum point, the pivot point for the fippers on the real table, it's WAY closer to the hood of the cars. Pretty much where the yellow circles are.

take another look at this pic :) see how the rail bends at the right side flipper ?

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2505&picno=40556&zoom=1

The dots are in the right place. Our flippers aren't.
Oh good catch, yea that explains the visual discrepancies. Gameplay wise this goes by unnoticable however. It might matter some for the drac and express lane shots, but it feels completely natural. Do hope they fix it though, those dots look sloppy.

We should report it asap once it releases. At least on iOS and android it should be manageable. Not sure how incorrect 3D models can be corrected on 360 and PS3. Maybe Mike can inform us?

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Oh good catch, yea that explains the visual discrepancies. Gameplay wise this goes by unnoticable however. It might matter some for the drac and express lane shots, but it feels completely natural. Do hope they fix it though, those dots look sloppy.

We should report it asap once it releases. At least on iOS and android it should be manageable. Not sure how incorrect 3D models can be corrected on 360 and PS3. Maybe Mike can inform us?

I don't think I've noticed any playfield parts other than flippers and some outlane posts (TotAN) misaligned with artwork. I'm guessing that the flipper positioning and pivot point gets adjusted during testing to make the game play properly and ensure that all the shots are possible to make. In some cases this requires moving the flipper itself a noticeable distance from where it should be. This is most noticeable on MM and Taxi, although other games with definite artwork locations for flippers (MB for example) are fine.

Although the MM flipper gap is visibly too wide, I would be perfectly happy for them to remove the dots from the artwork rather than mess up the physics of the game. If I couldn't see the dots I would never have known that Taxi's flippers were out of alignment with the original game's.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
It might matter some for the drac and express lane shots, but it feels completely natural. Do hope they fix it though, those dots look sloppy.

ah, that's a good point that I've made in another thread, the flippers being higher will make the express lane shots easier as you'll have to be REAL late flipping to catch the slingshot post.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
ah, that's a good point that I've made in another thread, the flippers being higher will make the express lane shots easier as you'll have to be REAL late flipping to catch the slingshot post.

I said that because of your coment int he other thread, its still not very easy. Like I said, it feels like it should be. Due to the distance and angle of the shot it likely matters very little in the gameplay. It's also still very hard to hit the pinbot droptargets.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Man, maybe it is just the way the video was recorded, or maybe it is just in my head, but two things that I thought immediately:

-The flipper action seems really...computerized. The animation/mechanics of the flippers seems too 'smooth' and artificial to me

-Physics seem weird. Again, maybe it's the video, or maybe it's just me? Look at the ball movement and collisions with flippers and bumpers.

Just my 2 cents though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think much of that is due to the video encoding and YouTube compression. Look at MB and Gorgar for instance. They're much smoother on the 360 when you compare to their video.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I think much of that is due to the video encoding and YouTube compression. Look at MB and Gorgar for instance. They're much smoother on the 360 when you compare to their video.
There's a good chance of that. Youtube limits all videos to 30 fps or less. There's likely also file size and maybe even resolution limitations as well.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Cool TAXI! TAXI! TAXI! TAXI! I'm looking forward to it. Is it me or the ball physics seem to be a step down from DLC 3 and 4. Funhouse and Bride are well done and MM, Gorgar, Black Knight, and Creature's look really good. I'm not sure why but the balls don't seem to be as good as those that I have mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.