Visual Pinball

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Is there a way to avoid having to turn the ROM volume up every time on a lot of the Williams pins?

Also, are you guys playing on widescreen monitors? Do you go through all your 4:3 tables and adjust the X Scale to keep them from stretching on fullscreen, or is there an easier solution?

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
My atis are all screwy with vp a6770 chogs like a mofo

Jeff- afaik my settings save man...expect on a factory reboot

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Make sure all your rom files and related files are writeable and ouve setup nvram? I dunno if vp even stores stuff that way...could be talking nonesense...well more than usual

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I used to use VP and post on VPforums many years ago and remember Pacdude often got hounded by one guy in particular it was a shame that he stopped making his great tables.

Yep, can't remember who that guy was, but the two of them were oil and vinegar. Bummer was PacDude had either a new TAF build or more likely a ST:TNG table that he was about to release and instead said "nope" to everybody because of that guy. I pretty much stopped going to the forums (as did a lot of people it seemed) when that whole mess exploded.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
What was the dudes beef? Pacdude unclewillie n others changed my opinion of vp not that my cards run it well

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
Just started playing this recently and must say i think its very good tho i think the ball feels a little too heavy, other than that its almost spot on. The only problem i seem to be having is i cant seem to play a single table from jp salas, crashes vp on start up every time.

Matt

Sep 13, 2012
Also, are you guys playing on widescreen monitors? Do you go through all your 4:3 tables and adjust the X Scale to keep them from stretching on fullscreen, or is there an easier solution?

This is what I've been doing. I usually multiply the X scale by .75, change the value and then save the table so that I don't have to do it again. The only problem is with Groni's Megapin tables. The X scale is set to 0. I can't figure out how to adjust these for widescreen. I've searched the VP forum, but have had no luck.

Right now my favourite tables are all of JPSalas. He's released a ton of updates to his tables in the past few weeks. Check them out: http://www.gethome.no/jpsalas/

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012

On my video card settings, there is an option to maintain the aspect ratio, so it doesn't stretch it out to fill the screen. Then in the VP setting, I choose the resolution that looks the best.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Make sure all your rom files and related files are writeable and ouve setup nvram? I dunno if vp even stores stuff that way...could be talking nonesense...well more than usual

It's been over a year since I last installed VP, so I don't remember about nvram. How do I do that? I noticed a lot of my highscores aren't saving either when I exit and load the table back up.

Thanks for the posts on the widescreen stuff too, guys.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Was trying some of the 'Original's' tables last night.
'Wrath of Olympus' is really nice!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
It's been over a year since I last installed VP, so I don't remember about nvram. How do I do that? I noticed a lot of my highscores aren't saving either when I exit and load the table back up.

Thanks for the posts on the widescreen stuff too, guys.

No idea atm dude dont use vp enough to have it in my head lol. In the mean time check your vp folder and name sure you got an nvram folder its writeable and if you have a lanucher its pointed to thr folder, if you alrady have one thats saving files rename that folder and start a new ss or dmd to crete new files.

Nine of that may help dude sorry lol

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No idea atm dude dont use vp enough to have it in my head lol. In the mean time check your vp folder and name sure you got an nvram folder its writeable and if you have a lanucher its pointed to thr folder, if you alrady have one thats saving files rename that folder and start a new ss or dmd to crete new files.

Nine of that may help dude sorry lol

Thanks, man. I think I figured out what's going on. Since I'm playing with my X-arcade controller, I use a frontend to load the tables (MaLa). Whenever it exits a table, I think it's forcing VP closed before it can save to the nvram. If I hit F3 first to reload the ROM, it saves everything just fine. So I'll just have to make sure I do that anytime I get a high score or change anything.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
85116980.png

I'm in drop target heaven :)

N

Nik Barbour

Nice - gotta try that one tonight.
I'm completely ignorant about the EM tables. More time on IPDB I guess, I don't like the tables with the really tiny flippers personally.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nice - gotta try that one tonight.
I'm completely ignorant about the SS tables. More time on IPDB I guess, I don't like the tables with the really tiny flippers personally.

Depending on your tastes, this one might be a bit old school for you. I personally love this era of Gottliebs, seeing as I'm a fool for drop targets.

N

Nik Barbour

Right on. They're addicting, aren't they? :)

Have you tried JPSalas's 'Black Knight' VP9.
Man, he's nailed that table.
My personal drop target heaven.

If you have any recommends, they'd be much appreciated, anyone that is!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Have you tried JPSalas's 'Black Knight' VP9.
Man, he's nailed that table.
My personal drop target heaven.

If you have any recommends, they'd be much appreciated, anyone that is!

Sounds good. I'll give it a go.

I love UR's version of Terminator 2. It's one table that really gives you that desperate feeling to regain control, which is rare in video pinball, but happens all the time on real pinball machines.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.