Vote for a classic Bally table! (Closed)

Which classic Bally table should FarSight release first?

• 8 Ball Deluxe

Votes: 146 43.5%
  • Centaur

Votes: 153 45.5%
  • Fireball

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Well that result is slightly disappointing as Centaur was my least favourite of those three. Additionally, the quality of the table is brought out through the artwork which on the PS Vita has been less than satisfactory on nearly every single DLC table. Hopefully EBD comes out soon enough though, as there obviously was plenty of interest in it.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Centaur was always ahead, so I doubt multiple account tinkering made much impact. You probably had people multi-accounting both tables.

We're getting both! So it's like, not a huge deal. Centaur first makes more sense anyway. There's zero early 80's Bally on the service yet, and we already have a pool themed table in Big Shot. It's fitting.

What people SHOULD be pissed about is why Xenon wasn't on the list lol.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Centaur was always ahead, so I doubt multiple account tinkering made much impact. You probably had people multi-accounting both tables.

We're getting both! So it's like, not a huge deal. Centaur first makes more sense anyway. There's zero early 80's Bally on the service yet, and we already have a pool themed table in Big Shot. It's fitting.

What people SHOULD be pissed about is why Xenon wasn't on the list lol.

Xenon is more notable for its sound and art than its gameplay. Centaur and EBD are both better in that regard.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Xenon is more notable for its sound and art than its gameplay. Centaur and EBD are both better in that regard.

I certainly remember Xenon in the arcades (unlike Centaur), however from videos it definitely is a nostalgia table for the audio and look and doesn't look like it would be brilliant to play. I get the same vibe from Space Invaders and Firepower II - both of which I was really keen to see, but I have to say I won't miss them if they never appear in the Pinball Arcade after seeing gameplay videos.

Sometimes nostalgia is best left unrequited!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, when I finally got to play Space Invaders I was sooooo disappointed. Looked cool and that was it for the positives!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Space Invaders is a nice looking machine, but a total snoozefest ruleset wise. Shoot the horseshoe lane ad infinitum.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I do have to agree with Rudy here. I played a beatifully restored Xenon recently and while, yes, the artwork and sounds are first rate for the era, the gameplay was not up to snuff.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I certainly remember Xenon in the arcades (unlike Centaur), however from videos it definitely is a nostalgia table for the audio and look and doesn't look like it would be brilliant to play. I get the same vibe from Space Invaders and Firepower II - both of which I was really keen to see, but I have to say I won't miss them if they never appear in the Pinball Arcade after seeing gameplay videos.

Sometimes nostalgia is best left unrequited!
We have a Firepower II here at CP Pinball. I actually kind of like it, to be honest.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
We have a Firepower II here at CP Pinball. I actually kind of like it, to be honest.

I wouldn't say no to it; it's one of the first machines I can ever remember playing. Defender seems similar enough in execution that if I had to choose between them I think I'd pick Defender just because I've never played it. Seems like a nice fast machine from videos.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
There will come a day when we will be playing all these tables so we are all winners in the end. But just for tonight, Us Centaur disciples can feast, crank up Motorhead, get naked and dance while pouring motor oil on our naked bodies.

jack_daniel__s_whiskey_bottle_by_dagu_san-d5esvgc.jpg

:cool::cool::cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Can I just nominate this as the look I hope the PS3 gets for Centaur? Been playing PacDude's version (with his incredibly fun CPU Mod) in anticipation now. Apart from how short and fat the flippers feel, everything else about it I find perfect. Please don't go dimmer than this, that's for sure.

centaur-PD.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.