Vote for a classic Bally table! (Closed)

Which classic Bally table should FarSight release first?

• 8 Ball Deluxe

Votes: 146 43.5%
  • Centaur

Votes: 153 45.5%
  • Fireball

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Can I just nominate this as the look I hope the PS3 gets for Centaur? Been playing PacDude's version (with his incredibly fun CPU Mod) in anticipation now. Apart from how short and fat the flippers feel, everything else about it I find perfect. Please don't go dimmer than this, that's for sure.

centaur-PD.jpg

The playfield color looks ok...but brighter than what you'd see in most 80’s arcades. It also almost looks as if the machine is turned off with those lifeless lights.

Wouldn't it be nice if Farsight could get things glowing like this:

03_AFM_CENTAUR_TAF_Night.jpg

5685971440_bdb54b3375_b.jpg

That's the sort of lighting I'd like to get my eyes on :D

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
That last photo is a bit too orange (the pop bumpers should be a strong deep red) but otherwise captures the glow that a fully lit Centaur has.

It doesn't help that the screen capture of the PacDude VP table is essentially in an unlit state. It looks considerably better when the feature lights are on.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That last photo is a bit too orange (the pop bumpers should be a strong deep red) but otherwise captures the glow that a fully lit Centaur has.

Agreed, the colors are off. The glow was the only reason I posted it.

Hey SS, look familiar?

6732022803_f9e0d8db95_z.jpg

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Vote's closed. Thread's still open. Might as well dedicate it to classic Balley tables for future consideration... (or to give each other tips for VP downloads).

This old Balley isn't in the IPDB 300, but it caught my eye downloading VP tables. I had fun enough playing it, and I think it's a gorgeous looking specimen from it's era; it would sit nicely next to an eight-ball deluxe.

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Its even in the same spot! NICE did you take that?
I can't tell what that table next to it is, but I'll take your word for it.
This, by the way, goes to show how personal taste can trump something like the IPDB 300. I like this table a whole lot more, than Drop A Card (also with a poker theme), which did make the IPDB 300. (or the EM top 223 to be precise)

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I like the picture with the chik. She seems to be getting orgasmic and starting to tear her clothes off as CENTAUR commanded. :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here, this one is at least a little better since it was during a game. Realized that yeah, the shot I used didn't have any of the GI lit!

centaur-PD1.jpg

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
FarSight would like your help in deciding which classic Bally table to re-create first. The table that receives the most votes will be put on the schedule to be released in May or June of 2013.

i guess CENTAUR won, but i think the ballot left out one the best bally machines ever... PARAGON.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
i guess CENTAUR won, but i think the ballot left out one the best bally machines ever... PARAGON.

Bally did have a great run of tables during the early 80's. Paragon is underrated. Spectrum is another one. Xenon is still pretty fun to play. Fathom is beyond awesome. Medusa is good. Embryon, Mata Hari and Elektra are all worth considering. They almost all had crazy artwork. Probably lots of drugs in the art department of Bally during that time.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I find it crazy, as insanely popular as EBD is around here, how it keeps losing out to other tables.

First it lost out to "Centaur", and that was totally on you guys, then it loses out to "Cue Ball Wizard".

Weird.

Thanks to the Mods for making the results public. Much appreciated.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think one reason why it seems so popular is because it's not in TPA yet (and may very well never be). If EBD had won, then Centaur would be the popular table from that era that folks would be clammoring for.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think one reason why it seems so popular is because it's not in TPA yet (and may very well never be). If EBD had won, then Centaur would be the popular table from that era that folks would be clammoring for.

I have no doubt that "EBD" will get made... there's just too much love for it NOT to. I think the better question is WHEN it gets made?

(PS- Your inbox is full)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I was really hoping we'd have seen Eight Ball Deluxe by now. Yes it would be a third table with a billiards theme, but it's the most iconic table with a billiards theme. Shocking that it wasn't the first one out the gate!

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Yes it would be a third table with a billiards theme, but it's the most iconic table with a billiards theme. Shocking that it wasn't the first one out the gate!
We are missing a playing card themed table. This was a very important theme in pinball history.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.