What Table Next for PS3?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
TPA has posted on FB that the tables will be ready by May15th, which is a Friday. Not sure if that means the 11th or 18th.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
TPA has posted on FB that the tables will be ready by May15th, which is a Friday. Not sure if that means the 11th or 18th.

A Friday is usually the launch day for a new tournament (and FS waited the tables to be released to start it). So, if the tables are ready for the the 15th, it would mean that the tables would be released the 12th (Tuesday) in US, and 13th (Wednesday) in Europe.

Just a guess.

By the way, refering to the "technical difficulties on both PS3 and Vita" stated by Mike Lindsey, maybe it concerns the input lag? Season 4 tables are more polished than the previous tables, so perhaps the 1-frame lag, induced by the special lighting trick, became unbearable again?

The Digital Man

Nov 21, 2014
A Friday is usually the launch day for a new tournament (and FS waited the tables to be released to start it). So, if the tables are ready for the the 15th, it would mean that the tables would be released the 12th (Tuesday) in US, and 13th (Wednesday) in Europe.

I hope that you're right Tann, I just have no patience. (anymore)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i wonder if the technical difficulties lie with this issue ? http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8664-Slowmotion-Table-Problem
the slowdown issue. perhaps not, cuz it seems that me and some other guy are the only ones who experience this. I first noticed this in farsights 2nd ps3 tourney. and ever since after that. so what ever code farsight introduced at that point created this problem.

well whatever, im still optimistic, xbox 360 just got their stuff. and im not so enthusiastic about the tables that im missing out on atm, as I am going to be skipping tables from now on. I use to be a table by table buyer, day of release, and I still may have been, but these delays made me realize that, I am not such an addict as I use to be. and I am no longer going to buy tables that I rarely play, just to support farsight.

and by being a table by table buyer, I and many of us ps3'ers never really had a chance to buy season packs. because they were never really available to us until it was to late. now it may seem like a good idea to buy a season pack (since we are so far behind) but it really isn't worth it to me. I already bought poto for $5.00 and I am going to skip tables this season.. so what is the incentive to buy a season pass for me? nada.

yeah im a patient man, but this long delay with very little to no communication made me lose my "farsight fanboy" status. I will never talk crap about farsight because they are, in my eyes still, doing gods work by preserving these tables for future generations. so I don't care if the tables don't come out, ever. im not gonna buy a new system, or switch to a fancy pc, or try to learn to love it on a tablet (sorry, I don't have ten thumbs). I will just be saddened that farsight abandoned one of the systems that gave them the most support when they first began.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
As of 30 minutes ago TPA announced on FB that the tables will be out May 15th.

Awesome! :)

We are very proud to announce that the PS3 / Vita versions of Addams Family®, Starship Troopers™, Earthshaker™ and Party Zone™ will be released May 15th for all regions!

The PS3 / Vita tournament will begin the same day to ensure all the new tables are included.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Official reply from FB:

"Sony used to only allow developers to release on Tuesdays. They've now made it possible to release on any weekday."

May 15th it is! :)

Mmmh, odd...

I've never seen a PSN store update or anything else released on a Friday on PSN.

It's already a mess when everything is centralized to be released on the same day (at least with SCEE), so I can't even imagine what it will be if the store can be updated at every moment.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Mmmh, odd...

I've never seen a PSN store update or anything else released on a Friday on PSN.

It's already a mess when everything is centralized to be released on the same day (at least with SCEE), so I can't even imagine what it will be if the store can be updated at every moment.

Yeah it is weird.But i don't care as long as the tables are coming May 15th.And perhaps this change of release structure will make future releases more simple for Farsight.I figure the more flexible the release structure the more beneficial for us.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts