What tables did you play today?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Dr. Dude. Trying to beat the default 25 million local high score--finally did, only to have that score disappear entirely from the score list to be replaced by a new one, 36.9 million, which just happened to be exactly 4 million higher than my new high score.

WHAT. THE. HECCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAA

I hate this table. ; P

EDIT: Oh, it's a known bug in which this particular table keeps inventing a score that's always 4 million higher than yours. Nice. You'd almost think there was a sadistic, Dr. Dude-loving programmer behind it. Anyway now I can stop playing this dang table.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yesterday I played a Simpsons Pinball Party, Batman (2008), and The Addams Family (which still has a bad left flipper:().

Earlier that morning I played a little Star Wars Pinball from Zen also if that counts.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well, it sure does sound nice to have a pinball-loving nephew- my family is annoyed by the fact I play pinball all day. And yes, Pinball Wizard is heaven- almost all of the machines are in TPA-like condition, there are some pinball machines (Bad Cats, ToTAN, Gilligan's Island) that you'll almost never see on location, they have a Wizard of Oz, and it isn't corporate owned- in fact, the manager will just as well challenge you to a two-player game or fix a pinball machine for you!

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
today i went to London & SE league meeting, and got to play on IJ, STTNG, BBH, LAH, RFM, LOTR, SM, ID4, TAF, FS, TOM, JY and SST. that's some collection John has there :rolleyes:

i played appallingly but had a god time as always

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
today i went to London & SE league meeting, and got to play on IJ, STTNG, BBH, LAH, RFM, LOTR, SM, ID4, TAF, FS, TOM, JY and SST....

This makes me jealous. I guess I should feel lucky that there are several tables around me to play, but they're all one-offs at restaurants, laundromats, and bowling alleys. I wish there was a nice place with a bunch of great machines like that around here.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
Austin Powers at the theater near me....they got rid of the RollerCoaster tycoon they'd had for a while with it.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
This morning, I played one game of Space Shuttle & got my last Wizard Goal by increasing the spinner value to 7,000 points. I'd given up on that one but had a good ball and was surprised to see the message across the bottom of the screen. Wasn't even aware I was close; good thing. I'd've screwed it up for sure.

This afternoon I finally beat Cactus Canyon High Noon! Wizard Goals complete. Only got there twice before but didn't get the job done. Now I feel like the Man with No Name, but my wife reminded me that I do have a name. "Jeff," she said, "are you going to feed the baby or play that game all day?" Can't I do both?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Today in TPA: AFM and BigShot

My bowling alley has a decently maintained Street Fighter 2 machine that I play every tuesday and wednesday now. Had a DE Batman that seems to be missing, hopefully they fill the space with another pin or it's just out for maintenance.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Some time killing on a Stern Monopoly today; when I first played one a few weeks ago funky stuff like the little auto-rotating flipper midway up the right side and the short railroad ramp right down to the inside of the left slingshot baffled me a bit, but now that I've got used to them I'm liking this table quite a bit more than I thought I ever would--some fun shots, intriguing modes, fairly unique layout, and just great callouts from the "old tycoon." Also it's just hard to dislike a table with *two* pop bumper clusters, even if that lower one can bite you.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Monopoly is a cool table but that spinning right-side flipper can be problematic. The ball will get stuck behind it sometimes and it frequently blocks the skillshot (at least on the one that I played a couple times). I do like the front-left ramp mechanism and how it drops the ball right on the flipper though, that's different.

How did you do score-wise?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Pretty awful, I was just blowing through balls and doing dumb stuff. I don't think I ever figured out what the skill shot was if the spinning flipper was blocking it--mostly I settled for plunging straight to the "roll the dice" scoop. Ohh wait yeah it would say "skill shot" if the ball came down near the spinning flipper, which I thought was pretty weird, and it seemed worth less points than the scoop, but I wasn't exactly sure what else it might do. Couldn't seem to get my head around the multiball at all, either. Best I managed was somewhere around 12 million. : P

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, that's not much different than what I got. I started going for the dice roll at launch too, partly because it was easier (or just possible) to do, and party because it seemed more worthwhile. I found that starting the cash grab mode the basic multiball were pretty straight-forward, but scoring and re-lighting the multiball jackpots was confusing. The complete ruleset does seem like it will take a little time to learn though, I need to stop and play that one some more.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I did head out to the boardwalk to an Arcade there, and it did have mostly Stern tables. It had a DE Batman table, along with a Sega Star Wars one, a special edition, too, as a matter of fact. The Spider Man table was left alone, on the third ball. I was really the only one in the entire arcade, so I decide to give it a plunge. The score was at 1 mil, the replay at around 13. I managed to score another 2 mil before the ball eventually drained. No match, either. Oh, well, what are you gonna do?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
today i went to my buddy Ive's place, to pick up a Surf n Safari i traded (with cash) for my Dracula. in his shack we played on his Baywatch, Robocop, Tommy and Tron. we had no time to play his other games - a Fish Tales, a, Addams Family, and a Monday Night Football. Then we went to another friend's place, who has a brand new ACDC he unboxed yesterday. even though he had other games (the Shadow, Back to the Future, and XMen) we all played ACDC non stop. it was a fun day.

Last edited:

Deathtickle

Dec 10, 2012
STTNG, trying to get as many Picard maneuvers in a row as I possible can.

I really wish there was the HighSpeed Williams machine. Not the getaway the 1st one.

My smoke filled arcade from my youth had from right to left on the east wall, F14 Tomcat, Pinbot, Highspeed & Space shuttle. I spent many an hour playing those machines. I find that Highspeed and the Picard maneuver to be my favorite pinball shots.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Busily making zero progress on Genie : P

O hideous bleeps and bloops, how taunting your low-bit chimes! ;O

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts