What's the table for next month going to be?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Personally, I'd rather have "Joust" as the head-to-head table. I wouldn't mind seeing some Alvin G. tables in TPA-but SB is not one of them.
I think everyone would rather have Joust. But programming its 2-player mode is probably not possible, while the one in Alvin G. Soccer-Ball is already built into the ROM, because of those switches on the flippers.

I doubt AGSB because it would require a new ROM emulator, unless it uses the same MPU as contemporaneous Gottlieb tables, or something like that. But I'm intrigued enough by the 2-player mode that I'd much rather see it than the others (I hate R911 and Hurricane, and have never seen TXS or AGSB).

Also if they can make AGSB, they can make Mystery Castle, which I think I've played and think I liked, and Pistol Poker, which looks kinda cool.

SAM

Dec 3, 2015
I've a question about "free table of the month"....

I've got it installed on two devices, an android mobile and home PC running windows.

Mate of mine told me on Tues 1st Dec the new table was 'Victory'. It updated on my android mobile this morning (5th Dec) and at present has not updated on PC (it's still 'whodunnit' from last month).

Is this normal? If not, what do I have to do to synch the updates?

Cheers for any advice received.

Anyone? It's been a week since my mate's was updated...I've had 'whodunnit' for well over a month now.

Is there a way to refresh it? I'm playing pinball arcade, on steam, on a PC (windows) if any of that is relevant.

Cheers

invitro

May 4, 2012
Is your TPA version 1.44.7? You can see the version number in the lower-right corner at TPA startup or soon thereafter. If it isn't, Steam needs to update TPA. Steam is supposed to do this automatically, but sometimes it gets stuck? Then close and restart Steam, see if TPA updates. Right-click on TPA in the Steam app and make sure it's not set not to update or something funny.

Those are some ideas...

SAM

Dec 3, 2015
Yes TPA version 1.44.7 (DX9) installed. Can't see anything obvious in Steam re: do not update, and the PC is powered down/up each day.

It updated fine last month (from STTNG to whodunnit), and as I say it has updated on my android device, just not on the PC. Odd and frustrating.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I think everyone would rather have Joust. But programming its 2-player mode is probably not possible, while the one in Alvin G. Soccer-Ball is already built into the ROM, because of those switches on the flippers.

I doubt AGSB because it would require a new ROM emulator, unless it uses the same MPU as contemporaneous Gottlieb tables, or something like that. But I'm intrigued enough by the 2-player mode that I'd much rather see it than the others (I hate R911 and Hurricane, and have never seen TXS or AGSB).

Also if they can make AGSB, they can make Mystery Castle, which I think I've played and think I liked, and Pistol Poker, which looks kinda cool.

Judge Dredd seems like an alright table. I think John "Dr. Flash" Trudeau designed it.

I played Pistol Poker at a pool hall many years ago. It was good but not great IMO. I've heard their Garage Band table is pretty good.

The Alvin G. tables will bring some extra variety to TPA. I'm concerned about how they will sell though. Hopefully FarSight can get the Capcom emulation up and running-I could see those selling well.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Yes TPA version 1.44.7 (DX9) installed. Can't see anything obvious in Steam re: do not update, and the PC is powered down/up each day.

It updated fine last month (from STTNG to whodunnit), and as I say it has updated on my android device, just not on the PC. Odd and frustrating.

Ok, well I don't have anything else. I have all tables so I don't know anything about the free stuff :). Good luck, and you may get more response if you post in the PC forum, or the 1.44.7 forum if there is one.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Based on the clue most think it will be Fireball and the EM version of El Dorado.

Is there any official word on this yet? I might be imagining things but it feels like it's been well past a month since the last table and I'm itching for something new. Has the Kickstarter campaign delayed a new release or something?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there any official word on this yet? I might be imagining things but it feels like it's been well past a month since the last table and I'm itching for something new. Has the Kickstarter campaign delayed a new release or something?

It was announced on Facebook.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I might be imagining things but it feels like it's been well past a month since the last table
FWIW... if it's released Friday, it will be six weeks since the JD release. According to my records (which I think are accurate), this will be the longest gap between releases on the PC platform ever, or very close to it... BSD came 6 weeks minus 1 day after Diner, if BSD was released on a Thursday.

But JD was released only 3 weeks after NF was... also PotO was 3 weeks after BSD.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FWIW... if it's released Friday, it will be six weeks since the JD release. According to my records (which I think are accurate), this will be the longest gap between releases on the PC platform ever, or very close to it... BSD came 6 weeks minus 1 day after Diner, if BSD was released on a Thursday.

But JD was released only 3 weeks after NF was... also PotO was 3 weeks after BSD.

I was all for thinking "but BSD did so come out on a Friday!" - except it seems very much as if it did drop on Thursday 9/12/14, because the Addams Family KS started on 9/13.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
The reason JD came out a little early and we have next pack a little later was obviously because of some kind of holiday called xmas that came there inbetween. Everything is just as normal, carry on.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's 2 tables so it took longer. I for one am looking forward to a double dose of old school pinball. A lot of the tables this season have been pretty heavy on gimmick and light on play-ability.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
It's Hurricane. Watch the Dr. Who Kickstarter video and you'll understand. If you get the newsletter then you would see a Ferris wheel plus another Ferris wheel with a clown = Hurricane.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's Hurricane. Watch the Dr. Who Kickstarter video and you'll understand. If you get the newsletter then you would see a Ferris wheel plus another Ferris wheel with a clown = Hurricane.

Ugh, I rented a house for a month one summer that had a Hurricane table. I thought, how awesome to have a pinball table. It sucked and is just ugly to look at.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ugh, I rented a house for a month one summer that had a Hurricane table. I thought, how awesome to have a pinball table. It sucked and is just ugly to look at.

I'm with you there Rich. Everytime I stepped up to a Hurricane, I always left disappointed. Especially since I loved Comet and Cyclone.

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Ditto - we had Comet at Uni and I played the lacquer off it, but Hurricane seems to take all the best bits of Comet & Cyclone, throw them in the dumpster and keep what's left...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.