When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My wife and I saw it in the theatre as well. We enjoyed it. Good not great. It's not really fair to compare to the original that we have such fond memories of. But that's the first thing everyone does.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Let's face it, the new GB movie should have been better. There's been nearly three decades to hash out a decent story line. That's what always bugs me about remakes and sequels which are so far apart. Someone is not using time wisely.

Speaking of decades, the next SPA update...............

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
FS just said during the Twitch stream that GB is the number one thing they are working on, but they don't have a hard release date they can give us right now.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
FS just said during the Twitch stream that GB is the number one thing they are working on, but they don't have a hard release date they can give us right now.

I just watched the twitchstream with Firepower II on steam-which crashed not once, not twice, but three times!

If it were not obvious before, it should be now-FarSight cannot handle two projects at once. They need to seriously decide which project they will continue to support. With TPA pretty much having run it's course (and what a fun one it's been), and their partnership with Stern, SPA seems to be the logical choice to throw their weight behind. This way FarSight can be free to work on SPA and fix it's bugs and update DLC, rather than releasing TPA glitches and not supporting SPA.

I've got everything I could ever want in TPA and I don't forsee anything coming out for it that I absolutely won't do without. (Paragon was a great start, but since then we got Wipe Out and whatever they could compile of FP2) I have enough DLC to last for years to come. Now I want SPA to get updated at long last.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I just watched the twitchstream with Firepower II on steam-which crashed not once, not twice, but three times!

If it were not obvious before, it should be now-FarSight cannot handle two projects at once. They need to seriously decide which project they will continue to support. With TPA pretty much having run it's course (and what a fun one it's been), and their partnership with Stern, SPA seems to be the logical choice to throw their weight behind. This way FarSight can be free to work on SPA and fix it's bugs and update DLC, rather than releasing TPA glitches and not supporting SPA.

I've got everything I could ever want in TPA and I don't forsee anything coming out for it that I absolutely won't do without. (Paragon was a great start, but since then we got Wipe Out and whatever they could compile of FP2) I have enough DLC to last for years to come. Now I want SPA to get updated at long last.

It's minor if you're not using Multiball Camera.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013

Actually, they have quite a few Bally/Williams/Gottlieb tables left in my opinion that others and myself wish to see and hope they continue TPA for many years to come, nothing against the more recent Stern tables, but quite enjoy the mix of older and the newer tables. Just tried out the redone Black Knight and think they did a great job with it, would like to see them redo some of the other season 1 and 2 tables.

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Actually, they have quite a few Bally/Williams/Gottlieb tables left in my opinion that others and myself wish to see and hope they continue TPA for many years to come, nothing against the more recent Stern tables, but quite enjoy the mix of older and the newer tables. Just tried out the redone Black Knight and think they did a great job with it, would like to see them redo some of the other season 1 and 2 tables.

I sort of agree with Retro. At this point, why not take a hiatus after Season 7, then focus on just Stern. I'm not saying that Wipeout or Firepower 2 are bad tables, it's just nobody is really requesting these. There are so many others that are being requested over and over again that aren't being made. And if Farsight is at the point that they only can make the tables that they can afford to get their hands on, then stop and take a break, concentrate their efforts and resources on one thing.

Ideally, I would love for them to take a break after this season, finish Stern, then pull a Zen and come back with TPA 2 after a year or so. Offer free purchase transfers within the same platform, like Zen is doing with PB FX 3. Start fresh, and drop the previous generations. In the meantime, start a poll, asking what tables left that people still really want, save your resources and only purchase the tables in the top 20 or 30. Don't worry about monthly releases. Just make the tables your fans really want. And release them when they truly ready.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
If the season has Pinball Magic, Big Bang Bar, Banzai Run, Fire!, The Shadow, Congo, 4 Million BC, Defender, Fireball II, Breakshot, Solar Fire, World Cup Soccer, Fast Break, Sorcerer, Transporter and Medusa then yes they can end TPA with this season. Otherwise keep going.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I sort of agree with Retro. At this point, why not take a hiatus after Season 7, then focus on just Stern. I'm not saying that Wipeout or Firepower 2 are bad tables, it's just nobody is really requesting these. There are so many others that are being requested over and over again that aren't being made. And if Farsight is at the point that they only can make the tables that they can afford to get their hands on, then stop and take a break, concentrate their efforts and resources on one thing.

Ideally, I would love for them to take a break after this season, finish Stern, then pull a Zen and come back with TPA 2 after a year or so. Offer free purchase transfers within the same platform, like Zen is doing with PB FX 3. Start fresh, and drop the previous generations. In the meantime, start a poll, asking what tables left that people still really want, save your resources and only purchase the tables in the top 20 or 30. Don't worry about monthly releases. Just make the tables your fans really want. And release them when they truly ready.

Awhile back, I was thinking the same thing. Mostly so FarSight could polish up the season 1 and 2 tables which, IMO, deserve the same graphical treatment the later tables seem to be getting. I would love to see WH2O with the same clarity that WipeOut seems to have.

By the way, I owe everyone an apology. I did not edit a previous post in which I claimed that FirePower 2 crashed three times during the twitch stream-it was two times that it crashed, not three. I try to avoid "alternative facts" as best I can, and again, my apologies to all TPA fans who saw my post.

Strangely, FP2 is now on Steam early-too bad you can't purchase it. FarSight wants us to support them......how?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
At this point I'm just going to continue to enjoy the monthly TPS release and forget about new SPA content. When/if new SPA content appears I will treat it as a pleasant surprise. I still want Ghostbusters big time, but I'm not going to sit on the curb waiting for the mailman each day only to get frustrated when it doesn't show.

Off Topic Note: Enjoying Firepower 2 more than I thought I would. IOS version looks and plays pretty fine. Still wouldn't have been my choice of unlicensed pins still available though.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
At this point I'm just going to continue to enjoy the monthly TPS release and forget about new SPA content. When/if new SPA content appears I will treat it as a pleasant surprise. I still want Ghostbusters big time, but I'm not going to sit on the curb waiting for the mailman each day only to get frustrated when it doesn't show.

Off Topic Note: Enjoying Firepower 2 more than I thought I would. IOS version looks and plays pretty fine. Still wouldn't have been my choice of unlicensed pins still available though.

Off topic: I do have something nice to say. As far as their new TPA releases go FarSight has consistently improved in quality. Meaning, quality of gameplay.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

But how about they flip their focus around so SPA becomes the game that they release a new table for every month and TPA gets an update every 3 months or so

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.