When can we expect the next PS4 patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Today on Facebook:

The Pinball Arcade Probably not tomorrow, we got pushed back due to a bug which means it should be next week at the earliest.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, there are always patches for the tables first : )

But hm yeah maybe I did misread that, they were responding to someone asking about "PSN"--which could be PS4, or it could be PS3/Vita. : P Or all of them?? I guess we'll find out. In any case, today they added:

The Pinball Arcade fish tales first, black rose should be 1 week behind.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Yep. Mediocre at best. Hopefully by March 31 we will get a patch and a new table.

I have to say it's ok, but it doesn't blow me away. Some tables like CV look amazing, where some like TZ look "not bad". I wouldn't complain too much, just don't expect "OMG that's so real photorealistic thats the ****!!!!" It's still good.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
You could always buy/play a real machine? I just want more tables, I can put up with minor hiccups.
Sorry you are unhappy so far dude.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I have to say it's ok, but it doesn't blow me away. Some tables like CV look amazing, where some like TZ look "not bad". I wouldn't complain too much, just don't expect "OMG that's so real photorealistic thats the ****!!!!" It's still good.

The point is the PS4 SHOULD be capable of "OMG ITS SO PHOTOREALISTIC" and as the whole goal of the project was to preserve pinball table as close to the real thing as possible, its not unrealistic to have high expectations.

Unfortunately I do fear they do not have the money or manpower to actually achieve that goal, especially not while also bringing new tables to so many less powerful platforms.

Feb 19, 2014
Is it, or is it not, the best version of TPA?

It is, no idea where the *****ing is coming from.

It already looked amazing on last generation consoles and PC. PS4 took it up a step further in lighting and overall fidelity. It's 1080P, 60FPS. Not sure what else to expect. It's a HUGE step up IMO from the last gen consoles, Twilight Zone in particular when you go from the peach tinted version on last gen to the PS4 it's a big jump.

I'm more than happy with the visuals and lighting options. Some people will just never be happy, oh well.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

It already looked amazing on last generation consoles and PC. PS4 took it up a step further in lighting and overall fidelity. It's 1080P, 60FPS. Not sure what else to expect. It's a HUGE step up IMO from the last gen consoles, Twilight Zone in particular when you go from the peach tinted version on last gen to the PS4 it's a big jump.

I'm more than happy with the visuals and lighting options. Some people will just never be happy, oh well.

Exactly.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012

Nice to see a bit of positivity around the PS4 version!

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012

But I can run the PC version on an Atom with Intel HD Graphics (with post processing, ball reflections and anti-aliasing off) at 768p with 60fps and it STILL looks nicer than the PS3 version IMO.

The PS4 is many many times more powerful than that, its capable of much more than they have done so far. That isn't to say they are lazy, but I worry that with so many platforms to support now that they wont have the resources to push it as far as it could.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I have the ps3 and the ps4 version. The only real difference between the two versions is lighting. That's it.
The leaderboards on ps4 are broken and are a complete joke. The sound is scratchy and tinny.
Both are 1080p and 60fps. I don't get any lag on the ps3 version, but the ps4 version does feel slightly more responsive.
I really enjoy the ps4 version, but am frustrated by the look of it and the bugs in some of the tables, especially twilight zone.
It needs an update soon in my opinion.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Today: The Pinball Arcade [...]testing is still ongoing for the first 2 season 3 tables for ps4. and the season 2 tables should be ready for testing before too much longer.

Two days ago, regarding season 2: The Pinball Arcade [...]we should be beginning testing on it within the next month or two though.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2014

It's not just "oh they improved the lighting". It's -vastly- overhauled. This is the best work any pinball dev has done in regards to lighting period, I fail to see why people just shrug this off as no big deal. It's a night and day difference compare to the the last gen version.

While the last gen console versions were 1080, ps4 version clearly has a much cleaner look and uses better AA and filtering. PS3 and 360 had this really bad artifacting issues as well.

I'm not saying textures and geometry couldn't be improved. They can and should be bumped up. However it's not going to make a dramatic difference as the lighting has. Still would like to see it but as is the game is flat out gorgeous in it's current state.

Being able to appreciate the light show that were programmed into these tables adds an entirely new element to my enjoyment of the game.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

It's not just "oh they improved the lighting". It's -vastly- overhauled. This is the best work any pinball dev has done in regards to lighting period, I fail to see why people just shrug this off as no big deal. It's a night and day difference compare to the the last gen version.

While the last gen console versions were 1080, ps4 version clearly has a much cleaner look and uses better AA and filtering. PS3 and 360 had this really bad artifacting issues as well.

I'm not saying textures and geometry couldn't be improved. They can and should be bumped up. However it's not going to make a dramatic difference as the lighting has. Still would like to see it but as is the game is flat out gorgeous in it's current state.

Being able to appreciate the light show that were programmed into these tables adds an entirely new element to my enjoyment of the game.

It seems to be more about what it's not than what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.