Which tables are NOT a possibility?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
"Get a Job" and "Ain't No Cure For The Summertime Blues" were cut due to licencing. The game picks three songs a day out of six and you get a different song per ball. They say the game is supposed to have "Rock Around The Clock" but I've never heard it on the iPad/iPod version, yet some people on Droid say they get it for the third ball. Right now the game just cycles through two songs, "Hand Jive" and "Red River Rock". It doesn't effect the game in anyway. It does get a little annoying because as you collect extra ball it keeps playing "Red River Rock" over and over again.

Summertime blues is def in the game.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Summertime blues is def in the game.

Not according to what Farsight told me, unfortunately.

"Hello,
We were unable to get the license for Summertime Blues and Get a Job. In their place, we put one of the other three, but they are in there.
Please use "reply" to respond to this message if needed.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support"

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It was brought up in my Banzai Run thread about it possibly not being doable due to the necessary programming for the upper playfield. Hopefully this is not the case.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
That pin isn't that great anyway.

This is getting old. You say that about half the older pins out there. I thought it was pretty good myself. Not the best table out there, but far from the worst. There are plenty of tables I rather see, but I'm tired of these posts that serve no other purpose than to hate on older tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is getting old. You say that about half the older pins out there. I thought it was pretty good myself. Not the best table out there, but far from the worst. There are plenty of tables I rather see, but I'm tired of these posts that serve no other purpose than to hate on older tables.

Don't worry Brian, FarSight said that they have a few EMs in the pipeline. I, for one, can't wait to see which one's they have planned for The Pinball Arcade.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I actually did encounter a Superman recently; they've got one at Funspot. But I didn't get familiar enough with it to say much about the gameplay. It seemed to drain pretty fast.
An update (reminded by this because it came up in another thread):

They've got one in better shape at Pinball Wizard in Pelham, and having played that one, I think Superman is actually a pretty fun pinball. Obviously, it's a game from the embryonic period of solid-state pinball with gameplay not so far removed from EM tables, and I agree that it probably isn't worth chasing down Atari's IP and the DC Comics license just to bring it to TPA when tables without these encumbrances are readily available. But I thought I'd give it its due.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.