Who Dunnit Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Here ya go, just in case the other one was a little laggy, this one has all the debug flags turned off (not enough coffee today I guess).

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity_24c.apk

Enjoy!

Mmmm, coffee...

Anyhow, into the observations. Many changes from the iOS beta are in our Android build, so thanks for all the hard work there iOS testers, FlippyFloppy, and Stuart Webster.

This beta is an excellent starting point, Ryan

#1 - GI seems to be "off" (Pin Wiz beat me to it, and then some!)

ahyha5ys.jpg

The bulbs need some soft glow added to them, across the board.

#2 - Menu text is offset

a3ydatyh.jpg

Text should be centered on the line. Vertically offset as well. All menus (byproduct of the fix to the options menu)?

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
At ball launch as TAXI awards cycle through, if playing with controller you can use L flipper to indefinitely cycle through the letters on the DMD.

But... If playing using touch input, you can only cycle about 3 times then it auto launches the ball.

Faulty auto launch?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
At ball launch as TAXI awards cycle through, if playing with controller you can use L flipper to indefinitely cycle through the letters on the DMD.

But... If playing using touch input, you can only cycle about 3 times then it auto launches the ball.

Faulty auto launch?

What device is this happening on? During ball launch, I'm able to cycle through the TAXI lights indefinitely on both my Galaxy S4 and iPad 4. There should not be an auto-plunge when launching a new ball.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It's broken on my N7 (2012) when paired to controller, but using touch.

Works perfectly on SGS4 which doesn't have any controller currently paired.

It could be having a controller paired that breaks this when using touch.
I'll do some more tests but it won't be today I don't think. Not a big issue though.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Elvira Party monsters and Teed Off texture fixes (delete and re-download these two)
Seen one time more: After delete of Elvira and reload the rez. the app crashed. Teed Off was working without any problem (but I'm the meaning that has nothing to do with a spez. table)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
What device is this happening on? During ball launch, I'm able to cycle through the TAXI lights indefinitely on both my Galaxy S4 and iPad 4. There should not be an auto-plunge when launching a new ball.

It's broken on my N7 (2012) when paired to controller, but using touch.

Works perfectly on SGS4 which doesn't have any controller currently paired.

It could be having a controller paired that breaks this when using touch.
I'll do some more tests but it won't be today I don't think. Not a big issue though.

It's the old 2 touch point max input limit that is present in TPA Android that is causing the autolaunch at plunge.

Proven with - on any other table with a manual plunge (I used WW).
Pull the plunger back and hold at about 1/2 strength (any strength works though).
Whilst still holding the plunge, touch any other screen point (I touched left flipper). This causes the plunge to release without you letting go of the plunge.
It's touch limit overload. Try holding both flippers up and nudging, the third nudge input touch doesn't register.

The problem doesn't present itself with controller paired because controller doesn't have the 2 input limit.

It's more prominent on this table as you can hold nudge and cycle the TAXI value.
Work around is cycle first, plunge second and separately.

Never understood why touch input is limited to 2 simultaneous points of touch.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
maybe I haven't understood the master goal right "CLOSE ONE CASE" I have finish one case, also during bonus count it is written 1 case finished, butthe goal is not tagged.

edit on
I'm not sure, if I catched the murder in the roof
edit off

The most of the time I have the feeling, thats the ball runs, how can I say, slow - with breaks, like a bubble gum

a) during roulette the sound has a ground loop in it?
b) in rhe overlay HUD digits are missing from the etage in the elevator (the digit is visible if the pointer goes over
c) in angle view 2 the "sShoot again" lamp is not visible (maybe go a little, little away from the original and put the lamp a little bit higher?)

Last edited:

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
The Catch a killer wizard goal seems to be broken? Anyone successfully ticked it off?

Also the 1B+ bonus goal? Scored exactly 1B bonus and didn't get it, do it have to be over 1B?

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
the master goal (not the standard one) "close a case" is not given. Now I'm sure, ghat I've close the case: the HUD shows a man who catch another one with a jump

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
I'm guessing "catch a killer" & "close a case" is the same, just twisted in translation. Had 4 closed cases in the last game and no goal. So it seems it's broken for sure.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
>>>Updated bugs/issues list<<<.

Issues previously reported during the iOS Beta build (and are currently present in the Android Beta build) that are already being looked into.

• Butler is always the first victim and Trixie is always the first killer when you reset the table by quitting and then re-entering the table from the table select screen. The first victim and killer should be random.

After resetting the app, if you launch the ball before the murder scene has ended, the background music does not play until one of the TAXI spot targets are hit, you shoot the Left loop (orbit) or the ball drains and the next round begins. NOTE : Again, this only happens on the first game you play after resetting the app. Also, if you plunge the ball after the murder scene has ended, the background music will play as normal.

• Lamps under the slingshot plastics and plastics leading up to the flippers are not lit.

• If you lose a ball via the outlanes as multi-ball begins, the table immediately releases a ball into the plunger lane to replace the lost drained ball. If this occurs at the same time balls are being auto-plunged for multi-ball, this will result in two balls occupying the plunger lane and the table will not auto-plunge when two balls are in the plunger lane at the same time.

• After shooting the ball to the telephone or sewer, the ball should eject from the sewer and not be auto-plunged from the plunger lane. Please look into creating a default state where three balls are in the trough and the fourth ball is already locked in the sewer whenever the table is reset. This should eliminate the auto-plunged ball you get from hitting the telephone or sewer when you first enter the table from the table select screen.

• On your first game after entering the table, if you do not shoot the telephone or sewer before completing "The Roof", when multi-ball begins, the camera will revert to the plunger lane as the balls are auto-launched and does not return to the normal camera view until there is only one ball left on the playfield. NOTE : Since I didn't shoot the phone or sewer before completing "The Roof", the issue where the table auto-plunges the first ball after the phone or sewer is shoot for the first time after entering the table seems to be the root of this bug. Again, please look into creating a default state where three balls are in the trough and the fourth ball is already locked in the sewer whenever the table is reset.

• The camera tries to revert to the plunger lane (and sometimes does) when balls are auto-launched during multi-ball and when auto-fire is activated. The camera should never revert to the plunger lane when balls are auto-launched.

After you enter your initials for Roof Champion, spamming the "Select" button during the match sequence causes the initial select splash screen to remain and starts a new game that is unplayable...the app must be reset at this point. After entering your initials for Roof Champion, the initial select screen should disappear immediately before the match sequence commences.

Attention Ryan : The following bugs are specific to the Android Beta build and are not present in the iOS Beta build.

Galaxy S4 running Android version 4.4.2

WHO dunnit

• Wizard Goal #1 (Win a Roulette Bet) is only awarded if you bet on "RED" and win...the goal is not awarded if you bet on "BLACK" and win. >>>This bug was fixed on Monday (March 10th) on iOS.<<<

• Wizard Goal #2 (Catch a Killer) is not awarded for catching a killer and closing the case. >>>This bug was fixed on Monday (March 10th) on iOS.<<<

• Slingshot plastics and inlane wall plastics need baked-in lighting so that they look lit. >>>This issue was fixed today (March 12th) on iOS.<<<

• The flasher effect under the phone is missing : The flasher under the phone (just to the right of the lock) should flash when the phone is ringing. >>>This issue was fixed today (March 12th) on iOS.<<<

• On the High LOD table, the diverter ramp for the right taxi loop/upper railroad track ramp should be transparent. NOTE : This diverter ramp also needs to be transparent on the Low LOD table as well if at all possible.

• On the High LOD table, the two left double stacked orange inlane wall plastics and the two right double stacked orange inlane wall plastics should be transparent.

• The end of ball bonus countdown sequence plays one sound before the first bonus is displayed, two sounds before the second bonus is displayed, three sounds before the third bonus is displayed and so on. Only one sound should be playing before each bonus displays during the end of ball bonus countdown sequence.

Feedback

• Ryan, is there any way you can add scrolling arrows to the upper right and lower right corners of the Options Menu (like Stuart did for the Options Menu on iOS)? As it is now, you can't tell that there are two more options hidden at the bottom of the Options Menu.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
2 things more:
if the ball drains with a little speed and the right angle, the ball comes back over the right or left outlane. It could be happen in real but not so often. For this reason are he bumper which should protect this one

ba6asy8y.jpg

I have never seen, that the ball came down in the middle from the train road
jy4adese.jpg

Is that right?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks PinWiz for grouping these all together like this, saves me a ton of time =) hopefully I can get most of these knocked out by tonight.

>>>Updated bugs/issues list<<<.

Issues previously reported during the iOS Beta build (and are currently present in the Android Beta build) that are already being looked into.

• Butler is always the first victim and Trixie is always the first killer when you reset the table by quitting and then re-entering the table from the table select screen. The first victim and killer should be random.

After resetting the app, if you launch the ball before the murder scene has ended, the background music does not play until one of the TAXI spot targets are hit, you shoot the Left loop (orbit) or the ball drains and the next round begins. NOTE : Again, this only happens on the first game you play after resetting the app. Also, if you plunge the ball after the murder scene has ended, the background music will play as normal.

• Lamps under the slingshot plastics and plastics leading up to the flippers are not lit.

• If you lose a ball via the outlanes as multi-ball begins, the table immediately releases a ball into the plunger lane to replace the lost drained ball. If this occurs at the same time balls are being auto-plunged for multi-ball, this will result in two balls occupying the plunger lane and the table will not auto-plunge when two balls are in the plunger lane at the same time.

• After shooting the ball to the telephone or sewer, the ball should eject from the sewer and not be auto-plunged from the plunger lane. Please look into creating a default state where three balls are in the trough and the fourth ball is already locked in the sewer whenever the table is reset. This should eliminate the auto-plunged ball you get from hitting the telephone or sewer when you first enter the table from the table select screen.

• On your first game after entering the table, if you do not shoot the telephone or sewer before completing "The Roof", when multi-ball begins, the camera will revert to the plunger lane as the balls are auto-launched and does not return to the normal camera view until there is only one ball left on the playfield. NOTE : Since I didn't shoot the phone or sewer before completing "The Roof", the issue where the table auto-plunges the first ball after the phone or sewer is shoot for the first time after entering the table seems to be the root of this bug. Again, please look into creating a default state where three balls are in the trough and the fourth ball is already locked in the sewer whenever the table is reset.

• The camera tries to revert to the plunger lane (and sometimes does) when balls are auto-launched during multi-ball and when auto-fire is activated. The camera should never revert to the plunger lane when balls are auto-launched.

After you enter your initials for Roof Champion, spamming the "Select" button during the match sequence causes the initial select splash screen to remain and starts a new game that is unplayable...the app must be reset at this point. After entering your initials for Roof Champion, the initial select screen should disappear immediately before the match sequence commences.

Attention Ryan : The following bugs are specific to the Android Beta build and are not present in the iOS Beta build.

Galaxy S4 running Android version 4.4.2

WHO dunnit

• Wizard Goal #1 (Win a Roulette Bet) is only awarded if you bet on "RED" and win...the goal is not awarded if you bet on "BLACK" and win. >>>This bug was fixed on Monday (March 10th) on iOS.<<<

• Wizard Goal #2 (Catch a Killer) is not awarded for catching a killer and closing the case. >>>This bug was fixed on Monday (March 10th) on iOS.<<<

• Slingshot plastics and inlane wall plastics need baked-in lighting so that they look lit. >>>This issue was fixed today (March 12th) on iOS.<<<

• The flasher effect under the phone is missing : The flasher under the phone (just to the right of the lock) should flash when the phone is ringing. >>>This issue was fixed today (March 12th) on iOS.<<<

• On the High LOD table, the diverter ramp for the right taxi loop/upper railroad track ramp should be transparent. NOTE : This diverter ramp also needs to be transparent on the Low LOD table as well if at all possible.

• On the High LOD table, the two left double stacked orange inlane wall plastics and the two right double stacked orange inlane wall plastics should be transparent.

• The end of ball bonus countdown sequence plays one sound before the first bonus is displayed, two sounds before the second bonus is displayed, three sounds before the third bonus is displayed and so on. Only one sound should be playing before each bonus displays during the end of ball bonus countdown sequence.

Feedback

• Ryan, is there any way you can add scrolling arrows to the upper right and lower right corners of the Options Menu (like Stuart did for the Options Menu on iOS)? As it is now, you can't tell that there are two more options hidden at the bottom of the Options Menu.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks PinWiz for grouping these all together like this, saves me a ton of time =) hopefully I can get most of these knocked out by tonight.

Actually, this is my personal bugs list of issues I've come across and confirmed myself, so you may still want to take a quick glance over the other posts in this thread as well.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Actually I tried to put in more than 2 touches a while back to see if it was a quick fix and it caused a heap of issues with the code that's in there. If I ever get a good chunk of down time I could try putting it back in and taking a look but it didn't appear to be trivial at the time.

It's the old 2 touch point max input limit that is present in TPA Android that is causing the autolaunch at plunge.

Proven with - on any other table with a manual plunge (I used WW).
Pull the plunger back and hold at about 1/2 strength (any strength works though).
Whilst still holding the plunge, touch any other screen point (I touched left flipper). This causes the plunge to release without you letting go of the plunge.
It's touch limit overload. Try holding both flippers up and nudging, the third nudge input touch doesn't register.

The problem doesn't present itself with controller paired because controller doesn't have the 2 input limit.

It's more prominent on this table as you can hold nudge and cycle the TAXI value.
Work around is cycle first, plunge second and separately.

Never understood why touch input is limited to 2 simultaneous points of touch.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah the original game has a ball staged in the sewer. so the initial state upon table load and quit should have one of them in there, instead of the trough.

THe game has no way to force a ball to drop down the center ramp exit. only a sufficiently week ramp shot will do it, and that is unlikely with TPA flippers. but a downward nudge might cause it to happen.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Actually I tried to put in more than 2 touches a while back to see if it was a quick fix and it caused a heap of issues with the code that's in there. If I ever get a good chunk of down time I could try putting it back in and taking a look but it didn't appear to be trivial at the time.

To be honest - if 2 years into this and no one else is asking, I wouldn't bother if it ain't easy personally.
It's not a problem for me anymore as I can use a controller now.

Other developments like cloud save would benefit more.

Nice work this month BTW. Enjoying the new table. Thanks.

Last edited:

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
To be honest - if 2 years into this and no one else is asking, I wouldn't bother if it ain't easy.
It's not a problem for me anymore as I can use a controller now.

Other developments like cloud save would benefit more.

I've been waiting for cloud save for two years now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts