Work In Progress features

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks for your ideas!

Anyway we haven't mentioned on purpose that there are 3 new effects on the video and it seems like 2 of them are noticeable barely.

One of the new features we are looking for a name is the lights change their colors during the game. So this isn't a glow, but we don't want to name it as rainbow effect.

Can you find the other 2 new effects?

For the colour changing lights, why not just call it "Color Changer". What events would cause the lights to change? Is it basically like putting in a colour-changing LED into the game, or is it programmable to change to a certain colour at a certain time.

Is the subtle light dimming effect when a lit bulb loses power from other lit bulbs a new feature. I've noticed this down towards the slingshots as the other bulbs come on.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can't wait for my dinner break so I can watch the vid again to try find the features.
I'm really having a hard time spotting them. Which is arguably the sign of a well implemented graphical feature: they shouldn't slap you in the face like Kangaroo Bollocks

night

May 18, 2012
The slowly fade-in/fade-out of lamps is indeed what I can recognise. Very realistic. 'Realistic Lamp Fade' (have to work on that one a bit more.. :) )

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Whatever they'll be named, I'm speechless. AWESOME!

I'm willing to pay for some extra, make some IPA option for me to give ya my spare penny! Say, free camera option so I can explore table details without auto-panning.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for your ideas!

Anyway we haven't mentioned on purpose that there are 3 new effects on the video and it seems like 2 of them are noticeable barely.

One of the new features we are looking for a name is the lights change their colors during the game. So this isn't a glow, but we don't want to name it as

Can you find the other 2 new effects?
So essentially it's like installing "color changing LEDs" edit: crap. Just saw Jarod already posted this. Sorry. Wasn't trying to steal your thunder. ;)

Great job whatever you wanna cell 'em!

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
So names could be:
Led Mod or Rainbow Led Mod - for the coloured leds
Waxed Playfield or Oiled Playfield - for extra reflective bumpers, targets on playfield, etc.

Edit: come to think of it 'oiled playfield' sounds like an activity one might do with the wife ;)

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
All right guys, the correct tips would be object reflection on playfield and a really smooth motion blur effect that couldn't been seen barely. :)
Moreover here is a newer video footage about additional new features:

1. Specular highlight.
2. Small glow effect for lamps at the playfield.
3. Fine-tuned flipper physics for more precise flipper handling, like tap pass.

Members online

Members online