Work In Progress features

night

May 18, 2012
Hi Zsolt. Wow! The video is too small to see it all in greater detail, but;

-First thing I noticed about object reflection is that the surface is too reflective now, like a mirror. Is it possible to make this reflection softer, more subtile? (like waxed wood instead of glass/mirror).
-I noticed a glow around the lights, yes!
-Flipper physics look wonderful, compliments.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It almost looks like you can half-stroke the flippers somehow. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 😁

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
All right guys, the correct tips would be object reflection on playfield and a really smooth motion blur effect that couldn't been seen barely. :)
Moreover here is a newer video footage about additional new features:

1. Specular highlight.
2. Small glow effect for lamps at the playfield.
3. Fine-tuned flipper physics for more precise flipper handling, like tap pass.

Nice!!!!! So now, how hard we Tap or Touch the flippers will translate to how hard the flippers move? You and your team just continue to amaze me on a daily bases!

Thats key! You are leaving every other developer far behind in the dust. Any idea when you will be turning this update into Apple? Cant wait to get my greedy little hands on it.

Thanks gain sir(s)!

R

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Flipper physics looking very good. I really would like to try it soon!

The lighting effect of new video is also very good, but I ALSO liked the previous rainbow light show! That may be sort of overdone or Christmas illumi, but they looked dreamy and I'm missing that... playing that in an actual dark room may be fantastic. It looked soft, maybe because previous one is anti-aliased?

Good work, as always!

Edit:

And while you're also looking at physics, I'd like to point a few things out.
- Shooting into kick out holes is somehow getting a lot harder with new physics.
- Spinners have improved very much over months but they still sometimes rotate slowly although the ball apparently goes thru with a great speed (not the fastest speed)

Let me also suggest toning down effect of "used table" and "playfield dirt" in much greater degree. If they're very subtle effect and not so drastic, more people would love them I think. I'm adding dirt effect for 3% now and that's giving a good feeling. But it could be more subtle so that you won't notice unless pointed out.

But, overall, I'm playing non-stop since the new engine. It's got that's nice now. I'm so waiting for an iPad Pro, it would be really great to play Zac with a larger screen.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The subtle glow looks great! Looking forward to trying the new physics, tap passing will be a big step! :")

About the effect name, maybe just "table light colors" or "table light type"?

I would agree with night that the playfield reflection seen seems a little strong--the drop targets and pop bumpers are almost perfectly clear mirror images, for instance, which is a little confusing, visually.

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Zillumination Mode
Optical Reality
ZEON Light Vision
illusion-fusion
Flash Morph
Dimension Xmode
Hall of Z
Zirtual Reality Room
Enviro-Play

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
And what driving game uses the engine?

These are the other apps by same developer.
df259645b83941d68e28787ac348a944.jpg

Don't know if they all use the same engine or not.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I already thought this table was awesome.

There is something about this line art that reminds me of the perspex pinball tables at the Pacific Pinball Museum, and Exploratorium in San Fransisco.

Beautiful comes to mind. That woodgrain...

haj

Sep 28, 2012
That's great!

Someday Age of Pinball will get same treatment I dream...I'd buy gold membership for that then!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.