Your Top 10 Most Wanted "No License Issues" tables for TPA?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well of course they had to use it then. Afterall, it's so hard to find a photo of a soccer game.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
@Rudy

I only know that "The Getaway" uses the song La Grange by ZZ Top. Maybe there is another table in your list that requires such licenses.

[Edit]

As I see, you have talked about this issue before. ;)

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Filtered once again, this time only with tables that are new enough for emulation. Also removed White Water and Cactus Canyon. As with last time, all confirmed and released tables are omitted.

Whitewater is a confirmed table?!

EDIT: Very cool list BTW :)

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Whitewater is a confirmed table?!

EDIT: Very cool list BTW :)
That depends on your definition of "confirmed." Has Farsight announced the table? No. Has Farsight allowed pictures to be released which feature a table that the community is 99% certain is Whitewater? Yes.

So we know they have a table in their possession, at least. (Or so we think.)

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
The license extends to the "Striker" character as well, I'm sure.

Not that they're likely to use him ever again, but it's still an agreement that would need to be reached.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm not saying there's no license involved, I'm just wondering that it would really be an issue.

I guess one thing that could be an issue, is if EA has exclusive rights to any video games related to FIFA. Well, at least the "FIFA" brand isn't used in WCS94's title, that would have been a surefire dead cause.

Steven Lucz

Oct 12, 2012
In no particular order:

1. Safe Cracker - The redemption game idea might be a bit pointless in a virtual pinball game but it would be cool regardless.

I think the best they could do is have a "Magic Token Gallery" just for that, to view all the tokens that can be won in-game and a counter of how many you have of each.It would be easier to neglect this, but collecting coins that are launched down to you is the main feature of the game aside from the board game. It would be a fantastic side-feature for this table, and there is a potential acheivement for getting all of the tokens (a royal pain to really do though). The same could be applied to Slugfest (best as a bonus novelty), but that might be a pain to liscense considering that Slugfest dispenses actual baseball cards, and the only way around that is probably making fictional cards of whatever.

Last edited:

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
Here's mine to start us off:

1. White Water
2. Fish Tales
3. Champion Pub
4. Black Rose
5. Banzai Run
6. Class of 1812
7. Who Dunnit
8. Hurricane (or Cyclone)
9. Diner
10. Mousin' Around

There are a few tables that some might think of in this category, but do actually have some kind of a license issues, like The Getaway ("La Grande" by ZZ Top) & Road Show (licensed music by some Country act). I also left off tables from Makers that FS doesn't have a deal with (to my knowledge), like Pinball Magic (by Capcom), and Mystery Castle (by Alvin G & Co.).

So, which "easy to do" tables would you all like to see most?

If I had to chose from these tables, then definately Fishtales, White Water and Banzai Run would be nice too, the others I wouldn't even consider buying unless I have to because they were inside a pack from which I want the other table.

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
You're in luck. Centaur is confirmed and is going to happen this year. It was voted on by this community and narrowly (and I mean narrowly) beat out Eight Ball Deluxe.

Centaur?? Eight ball Deluxe?? Come on! Boring tables! No rules at all....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts