Zaccaria has more updates than farsight $18.99 for 27 tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah, but they are 27 ugly looking tables. I play TPA almost everyday for a year subscription that costs not much more than going out for pizza once. Saving $10 to play on ugly 80's looking tables is not a bargain to me but a waste of $18.99.

Have to disagree - difficult for me to call something ugly when the tables are faithful recreations of an art style that came from a different time and place (1978-1987, Italy)- the tables have some historical significance even if we consider them to be a bit campy from a 2014 perspective. Also they are definitely filling a void of EM and SS machines that TPA seems to not want to pursue based on recreating them "may not be profitable." Lastly I think the Zacc tables are a lot of fun - and with the gold package making each pin around 70 cents - with more to come - a very good value - starting to feel guilty that i did not pay more...

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Have to disagree - difficult for me to call something ugly when the tables are faithful recreations of an art style that came from a different time and place (1978-1987, Italy)- the tables have some historical significance even if we consider them to be a bit campy from a 2014 perspective. Also they are definitely filling a void of EM and SS machines that TPA seems to not want to pursue based on recreating them "may not be profitable." Lastly I think the Zacc tables are a lot of fun - and with the gold package making each pin around 70 cents - with more to come - a very good value - starting to feel guilty that i did not pay more...

+1
(Sorry Rich. But it's all but ugly)

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Yeah, but they are 27 ugly looking tables. I play TPA almost everyday for a year subscription that costs not much more than going out for pizza once. Saving $10 to play on ugly 80's looking tables is not a bargain to me but a waste of $18.99.

Rich I think your math is a little off zaccaria 70 cents a table. Tpa $4.99 a table that's seven times more expensive

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013

Zaccaria 27 tables $18.99. TPA 27 tables $134.73 $115.74 can buy a lot of pizza

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Zaccaria 27 tables $18.99. TPA 27 tables $134.73 $115.74 can buy a lot of pizza
Someone looking to buy 27 TPA tables would be doing so via season packs. The older seasons in particular are nowhere near $4.99 a table when purchased as part of a season. I think you can get the first two seasons (37 tables) on Steam for $50 or so.

And the Zaccaria tables are ugly, simply because the real Zaccaria machines were ugly. I've played a real Farfalla; that thing is HIDEOUS.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Can't buy seasons on iOS unless you wait for all tables to be finished in that season

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
For me Party Zone is so ugly that I will never play it. For me most of the Zaccaria tables are pretty. Party Zone is as stinking old as most of the other tables.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:)

I see problems more in the ASK philosophy. They care more about gimmicks (like scratches on the glass) than about gameplay.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
And the Zaccaria tables are ugly, simply because the real Zaccaria machines were ugly. I've played a real Farfalla; that thing is HIDEOUS.

I think Farfalla is a work of art. And many Zaccaria tables have more than excellent and original artwork. To say that all Zaccaria tables are just ugly does not show a great knowledge about table art in general, and I am somewhat surprised this comment comes from a moderator.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
thats right sean how fare you have an opinion! i personally love the asthetic on alot of zac tables not all of ckurse but its the same with any art.

D

dmarcoot2

I couldn't care less about Zaccaria pricing for tables i dont want vs the quality of the physics and rendering for the tables i do.

Pro Pinball has proven that realistic console quality graphics can be done on iOS. Farsight needs either better/more programers or raise their minimum platform.

Either way, $5 for tables that will give me dozens of hours entertainment is a bargain.

Expecting less is selfishly cheap and short sighted.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/16/the-lesson-of-monument-valley/

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think Farfalla is a work of art. And many Zaccaria tables have more than excellent and original artwork. To say that all Zaccaria tables are just ugly does not show a great knowledge about table art in general, and I am somewhat surprised this comment comes from a moderator.
Why would you be surprised? Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean I give up my right to an opinion, however misguided you might think that opinion is.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Why would you be surprised? Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean I give up my right to an opinion, however misguided you might think that opinion is.

chansub_global_emoticon_ac61a7aeb52a49d3_39x27.png
ROBOTS...WE MUST BE ROBOTS...BLEEP BLOOP
chansub_global_emoticon_ac61a7aeb52a49d3_39x27.png

night

May 18, 2012

Sure, have your opinion. All Zaccaria tables look ugly, all 55+ of them, ugly.
C'mon Sean.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Sure, have your opinion. All Zaccaria tables look ugly, all 55+ of them, ugly.
C'mon Sean.
I never said all. You're stuffing words in my mouth now. Go back up and reread what I said if you don't believe me.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find one or two Zaccaria machines whose art I liked, just like I've learned to like one or two Gottliebs from having to play them repeatedly for league. But pick a Williams or Bally machine at random and there's a very good chance I'll like its art. (Williams/Bally did go through a bad hair day phase in the early 90s, Party Zone being the most spectacular example of nauseating art from that era, with Dr. Dude not far behind.)

night

May 18, 2012

I don't want to start hairsplitting Sean, and I certainly don't want to start an irritation between us, because there is no need for that. But I believe my English is good enough to understand what you wrote.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't want to start hairsplitting Sean, and I certainly don't want to start an irritation between us, because there is no need for that. But I believe my English is good enough to understand what you wrote.
Fair enough, we will move on.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I don't like topics like this. It's good that both TPA and ASK are in business. I also would like to see some more fixes in TPA, especially earlier season tables with game breaking bugs. Or how about the rollover score bugs in a lot of tables. But when TPA is on it's game, they sure put out good tables. Anyway, I think this forum doesn't need any topics like "x does y better than TPA because "evidence" ". Suggestions: make a topic that is called: "different business strategies" or something like that.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I'm paying $4.99 a table to farsight and they can't even update the GUI or add cabinet mode. What is there only one programmer?

That's how I started this thread. I can't see why tpa can't do more updates with fixes and Adons like new gui and cab mode. I have all zaccaria,TPA and zen pinball tables. I'm not concerned about the price but when you pay $5.00 a table you would think they would continue to work out the bugs. And I personally think the zaccaria tables are beautifully done graphicly but they could definitely use a new physics engine. I'm 62 years old and had to stand on a milk create when I started playing. I love the old EM machines and can tell the difference between an ugly machine and a beauty!

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
TPA is on more platforms. The quality is higher. They release tables faster. And the tables are more complex. Also I would imagine they have to pay an infinitely higher licensing fee per table.

I love Zaccs but it's not fair to compare the two.

+1

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I don't like topics like this. It's good that both TPA and ASK are in business. I also would like to see some more fixes in TPA, especially earlier season tables with game breaking bugs. Or how about the rollover score bugs in a lot of tables. But when TPA is on it's game, they sure put out good tables. Anyway, I think this forum doesn't need any topics like "x does y better than TPA because "evidence" ". Suggestions: make a topic that is called: "different business strategies" or something like that.

This!

All the Zaccs tables are "Pop Art" meant to be loud and garish to attract attention in loud garish places over 40 years ago. I think the majority of the tables are stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.