Zaccaria has more updates than farsight $18.99 for 27 tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Pro Pinball has proven that realistic console quality graphics can be done on iOS. Farsight needs either better/more programers or raise their minimum platform.

To be fair Pro Pinball is not created on a 3D platform, its using a completely different method. The benefit of it using rendering is what you are seeing - it looks fantastic. The downside is what you are not seeing - the table being released after over a year of development.

But I would also agree it would be nice for them to tweak the existing engine to support some additional bells and whistles like real-time lighting, day/night views, updated physics, better sound and just forget about supporting Gen 1&2 devices going forward to make those improvements. But I suspect they're pretty hamstrung with needing to still support them.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
IMO pro-pinball sucks. I deleted it after a day or two. Obviously it's only my opinion but my 1st choice for pinball is TPA, second Zac, and third is zen.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Well just a little info zacara has another update and another table today the App Store

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I think some of the Zaccaria tables are absolutely stunning. Blackbelt, Pinball Champ, Clown...the artwork is fantastic...

karl

May 10, 2012
Nothing wrong with the way the Zaccaria tables looks or how the app is represented to me, but I just do not like how it plays. I have tried a couple of them in real life and nothing wrong with those. I just can not get into the app.

Not sure if it is the physics, the table view options or what. It is just not fun for me. The tables feel squeezed. I noticed while the ball is on the flipper there is almost no space up to the slingshot plastic, among other things.

I feel I have no control over the ball and I am just flailing around. I have the deepest respect for what Ask is doing and I am glad others like the app. It is just not for me, I'm afraid. Not giving up on it, though and if it comes out on PC, I will certainly give it another chance because I love the old tables from the 70' and 80'

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I was wondering about the flipper position under the sling shot too. On some of the tables if you cradle the ball it is positioned directly under and behind the slingshot - no chance of a pass and severely limits the playfield shots you can make - is this true to real zacc playfields or something to do with the tables ability to alter flipper gap?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've just moved this into the Zaccaria sub forum. Let's continue the discussion here.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
HO my gosh , fanboys are not only on PS3/4 and Xbox360/one , COD X Battlefield etc ... also on pins ! and that sucks ! cause the conment's become a personal and with no sense at all .... I own everything and play everything and enjoy both worlds while short minds lock their selfs in one product or brand " Zaccaria Graphicaly on the texture , shadows and 3d perspective + huge options + dark room etc has beaten TPA long time ago ... TPA looks like HD cartoom ! some tables from the first season looks better ... but what can not compare is the Zaccs tables against a diversity of 3 companies with the most popular tables on the pin world! back on time of Zaccaria tables was release ... they don't be so behind with the graphics and sound ... but u can not compare tables ahead when Zaccs closed the factory ...it's ridiculous , same as compare sports cars from 3 diferent top makers from 90's to one maker from 70's and midle of 80's ... the licensed tables by TPA are great , but TPA digital replica of this tables become updated ! flat , cartoom texture in HD , mostly missing shadows .... no dark room on IOS and PS3 ! and ilumination effect on PS4 is a joke ... and not a funny one ! over doubled price for each table !! etc etc .... take one IPad , go play a real table , than switch to Pinball arcade and Zaccaria collection..... the true will be revealed ... Zaccaria it's more to the real tables , PA feel soooo video cartoom and the ball looks oval and flying on the table !! it's not bad , but they should change their graphic engine " lights , shadow and texture ... " and reduce the over price , I own tables till the season 3 but stoped to buy the latest ones ,.... only when a special one i I'll take it ... like Star Wars and others alike . I'll not reply ( fanboys in special ) this was just my point of view since I own all Zaccs tables and mostly TPA on IOS , Willians collection on PS3 and played it on PS4 ... I walk the talk .

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ive got over 100 different tables on my ipad alone including emulated

do i talk the walk?

74-89

May 2, 2014
Both can talk a walk. So wow. You know, once I tried to place just one table on my iPad, alone, and it cracked the screen. So that's pretty impressive! I think this thread stunk so badly they had to put it out the back door.

But that's ok, it's their place and we love them for putting up with us being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.