Zaccaria house of diamonds is up

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yep I always turn the glass off on all the tables. I also turn the dirt and wear textures off. I prefer the sharp, new look and I also think it helps the performance on my Ipad 2 and Mini 1...

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Still plays better thanks Night! When my numbers would not match yours I thought maybe an acid flashback from the. 80's. Whew!!!!!
Any other adjustments you might have changed from the standard basic crap settings?
Thanks again. Much better scores now.

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I've always liked Blackbelt a lot.

So I tried those newer settings and they certainly don't do much to change the drain-fest nature of Clown, that's for sure! Lol...played a few rounds on a few different tables. Overall they still play mostly the same, but a bit slower. I don't know. The most frustrating thing for me is the inability to really aim a shot. Seems like it always goes left or right of the target no matter how many shots you take. Then one will hit when you aren't aiming for it...

night

May 18, 2012

So I tried those newer settings and they certainly don't do much to change the drain-fest nature of Clown, that's for sure! Lol...played a few rounds on a few different tables. Overall they still play mostly the same, but a bit slower. I don't know. The most frustrating thing for me is the inability to really aim a shot. Seems like it always goes left or right of the target no matter how many shots you take. Then one will hit when you aren't aiming for it...

The draining is part a limitation of the physics how they are now. (Don't compare with TPA, which is just too easy). However, these are all old tables and drain easy (think about TPA's central park!). These machines where made to make money. I have changed the settings to 5-balls gameplay, looking at pictures of real Zac tables you see a lot of them have the 5-ball gameplay as well. Zaccaria's standard physics settings are overhyped and kind of ruin the gameplay. Some tables just play bad, no matter what, Clown is one of them. Some play surprisingly good. If the last couple of tables just had more rubber bounce I believe we would be very close. And indeed, an improvement to aim shots better.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yeah I know the tables are that way by design (and as I've said before, I like the difficulty) - but when I compare to videos of the same tables they don't appear to be quite as drain happy as the zacc versions are. Sometimes it honestly seems like the ball is pre-ordained to go down the chute in many of the Zacc tables. I've had many occasions where I've saved a ball from death by desperate nudging 3 or 4 times in quick succession only to lose it a few seconds later - it just bounces from one outlane to the other over and over. It makes me wonder if perhaps the table geometry might be a little off in some of the tables...

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
If you don't nudge every given second. Forget About It! Even with these new settings now I have played for quite sometime you have to nudge more than hitting your right or left flippers to stay alive in Zaccaria Land.
Just SAD............
Physics Update Is Still Needed Like Now Zaccaria! NOW!!!!
Thank You......

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Without a controller there is no way you can nudge with the correct timing. For me, my icade mobile which I bought specifically for this game is absolutely necessity. The d-pad is preprogrammed to be the nudge, just set the shoulder buttons as the flippers, a launch button, and boom. The only gripe I have is the nudge direction is not adjustable and the left and right nudge is opposite the TPA ps3 nudge directions, takes some getting used to but well worth it. Got my controller for like $6 eBay.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Clowns is unplayable. Soccer Kings also suffers a drain when you kick a goal, which is too bad cause it's a fun game. I really dig these tables hopefully the overall presentation continues to improve.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Is it possible to make and post a video of Zaccaria game play off an iPhone 4s. If so could anyone please explain how it is done?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My opinion on Clown, is that NOTHING is worth hitting except the spinner. So my strategy is to shoot only for the spinner when the ball is on the right flipper, only shoot for the bonus multiplier turnaround when on the left flipper. When the ball reaches the "A" on the left outlane a swift right nudge, when the ball goes in the middle right outlane a left nudge as the ball intersects the inlane can make a save. I'd be interested to read any strategy ideas/tips all of you would be willing to share.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yes, clown is all about that spinner. Hit it good and you get 300,000 points. That's where the frustration about aiming starts to come into play... :)

Regarding vids on the iphone4s, yes you certainly can take vids and post them. Just open the camera and switch it to "video", take the vid, and then upload it to youtube via the youtube app on the appstore...you'll need a youtube acct of course, but its all free.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
My opinion on Clown, is that NOTHING is worth hitting except the spinner. So my strategy is to shoot only for the spinner when the ball is on the right flipper, only shoot for the bonus multiplier turnaround when on the left flipper. When the ball reaches the "A" on the left outlane a swift right nudge, when the ball goes in the middle right outlane a left nudge as the ball intersects the inlane can make a save. I'd be interested to read any strategy ideas/tips all of you would be willing to share.

Thanks Snorzel! Those tips help. Still a brutal game though. I just found Zaccaria last week. So still learning the tables myself. The zac app really needs a solid and easy to use nudge function. Clown is miserable without it. Look at the right flipper side, it's impossible to navigate without nudging.

I'd be curious if anyone has any tips on Zankor or Robot.

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014

Yes! Another Blackbelt fan! It might be the best late-period Zaccaria. I believe it was so popular in Europe at the time that Bally was asked by European distributors to change the name of their "Black Belt" to "Karate Fight". Art, concept, sound and table layout totally meld as with the best of their work, and I think everything they produced between 1979 and 1981 was a stone-solid masterpiece mostly unsurpassed.

Anyway, just finished playing the ASK recreation of this table and I can't imagine anything I'd like to change about the way it plays.

I think the adjustable physics are cool but after spending some considerable time getting the "perfect" settings (my own variation of what night has shared with us - thanks for that), I never use them because it would ultimately mean slight readjustments for each different table, so I use standard settings with touch launching as my only modification. I sure wouldn't want the option removed, and of course it won't be - it just doesn't work for my usual day-to-day gameplay.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
As I mentioned, there is no game time bonus on this game - Zac instituted that feature in 1981. This version counts Game Time credits and then the game ends where it normally should. The "bug" lies in the actual counting of credits where none should occur.

Hope this gets addressed in the new patch.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Is it possible to make and post a video of Zaccaria game play off an iPhone 4s. If so could anyone please explain how it is done?

heh, just read my answer to this question that I posted way back and realized I totally mis-understood what you wanted to do. For some reason I thought you just wanted to use your phone to take a vid clip of gameplay on a seperate device. I now see you probably meant you wanted to capture the gameplay on your phone while you played. I'm not aware of a way to do that unfortunately. I suspect an capture software that ran while you played the game would have a pretty serious effect on gameplay by slowing performance badly...

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Those pins (whaddayacallit) on the outlanes are offset a bit? On the real table they seem to be pinned a bit below. And depending on how bouncy the ball against pin, it should affect drastically how deadly the outlanes are...

Oh, and the spinner is not spinning sometimes (think this was mentioned somewhere) which craves for a fix.

Members online

Members online