Zaccaria Pinball - Devil Riders (1984) Bugs & Feedback

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Art issue - the x buttons that line the left and right outer lanes on the upper part of the bottom playfield are not aligned. going off pictures and videos on the web it looks like they should actually be yellow star buttons.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=672&picno=16372

Also is there some kind of effect on the clear part of the upper playfield glass that's adding dirt? You can really see it over the upper left pop bumper. Edit: I just looked and you can see in the pic in the link. It should be stars but now they're blurry in the app.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I will post this request again at the final step of development in this new year, Zsolt please restore the original colours and lightning for this great table, because this table really deserves it, and please please remove the lightning inside the ramps. this will be very much appreciated

3f5f330e012fc350cc628a323c04d061.jpg

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
[Android - Initial Release - v 1.0.2]

ca8df40b841ca955e1f41e6f56babfcf.jpg

There seems to be some clipping of the drop targets through the ramp.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
On this table the plunger mechanics arent functioning correctly, most of the time it lacks enough power and it takes several plunges to finally shoot the ball succesfully into the playfield.

Also a strange thing happens sometimes, after hitting one of the sensors which cause the ramps to drop, and the ball moves around in the pop bumper area, suddenly the upper table platform gets activated and the camera moves to this area while the ball is still actually moving around by the pop bumpers underneath the upper playfield, this uccurs after this last update.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Devil Riders is one of the very few tables I would like to see an updated playfield on. Perhaps the table ASK had was very old and needed a lot of retouche, but when you compare it with the later tables who all look clean and perfect, this one is a bit muddy and blurry. Especially the purple parts on the playfield does not look so good.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
On this table the plunger mechanics arent functioning correctly, most of the time it lacks enough power and it takes several plunges to finally shoot the ball succesfully into the playfield.

Also a strange thing happens sometimes, after hitting one of the sensors which cause the ramps to drop, and the ball moves around in the pop bumper area, suddenly the upper table platform gets activated and the camera moves to this area while the ball is still actually moving around by the pop bumpers underneath the upper playfield, this uccurs after this last update.

I'm not having any trouble with the plunger, but I did have the issue with the camera jumping to the top play field and the top flippers activating while the ball was underneath. The angle didn't change until the ball drained off-screen. It only happened to me once and I couldn't replicate, so I didn't mention it. This was after the last update.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I'm not having any trouble with the plunger, but I did have the issue with the camera jumping to the top play field and the top flippers activating while the ball was underneath. The angle didn't change until the ball drained off-screen. It only happened to me once and I couldn't replicate, so I didn't mention it. This was after the last update.

Thanks man, the issue with the plunger happens in both simulation and arcade mode and is a bugger, im on iphone 6+ so this should run fine, the other issue happened four times out if approx fifteen games.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Devil Riders is one of the very few tables I would like to see an updated playfield on. Perhaps the table ASK had was very old and needed a lot of retouche, but when you compare it with the later tables who all look clean and perfect, this one is a bit muddy and blurry. Especially the purple parts on the playfield does not look so good.

+1

Would love to see this table really shine. It deserves it.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hmmm - just got a decent score on Devil Riders, thought I'd check where on the leaderboard it put me. Realised I should have been 4th and it's not registering my recent scores. Only the first score I got.
Connected via home wifi, good strong signal.
Google Play games not working?
b297fad270c63ffd9b90047dd524fe05.jpg

22589a1cb3b44b6675ba8933467219e4.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
On this table there is quite some slack on the Slingshot rubbers who have a negative impact on the ball when it hits it, because it seems to loose its energy when it bounces off the sling.

On for instance Shooting the Rapids and Pool Champion there is a fair amount of slack on the rubbers which results in a nice & more direct bounce when the ball interacts between the slingshots.

Example on EWF below.

c25ff49f6f98b50f5211ea29d3eea65b.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Now suddenly after the ball hit the left slingshot the lightning is lit permanent until the start of a new ball, imho it would be nice if they are both lit permanently.

d7aa019f4ede3ec5269a8821e908166b.jpg

Btw most of the time it still takes several plunges to shoot the ball succesfully into the playfield.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I've seen this plunger issue as well.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014

This was requested a couple of times now, this would be great because this table really deserves it.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Zsolt please fix these two issues on this table :

The plunger mechanics arent functioning correctly, it happens frequently when pulling the plunger for about 20% it plunges at full power while pulling it at 100 % it shoots the ball three quarters up the plungerlane.

Also a strange thing happens sometimes, after hitting one of the sensors which cause the ramp to drop down and while the ball moves around in the pop bumper area, suddenly the upper table platform gets activated and the camera moves to this area, while the ball is still actually moving around by the pop bumpers underneath the upper playfield,

also the motor engine sample keeps on going even after the ball exits the table and a new ball has started, this uccurs after this last update.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt please fix these two issues on this table :

The plunger mechanics arent functioning correctly, it happens frequently when pulling the plunger for about 20% it plunges at full power while pulling it at 100 % it shoots the ball three quarters up the plungerlane.

Also a strange thing happens sometimes, after hitting one of the sensors which cause the ramp to drop down and while the ball moves around in the pop bumper area, suddenly the upper table platform gets activated and the camera moves to this area, while the ball is still actually moving around by the pop bumpers underneath the upper playfield,

also the motor engine sample keeps on going even after the ball exits the table and a new ball has started, this uccurs after this last update.
Checked the plunger with 100% power and it shot the ball correctly from 10 out of 10. But made some object changes there to be make sure for correct functioning.

The second issue was a bug, because the sensor was a wrong position. This will be fixed by the next update.

I haven't been able to reproduction this issue, but checked the script and everything looks fine.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Checked the plunger with 100% power and it shot the ball correctly from 10 out of 10. But made some object changes there to be make sure for correct functioning.

The second issue was a bug, because the sensor was a wrong position. This will be fixed by the next update.

I haven't been able to reproduction this issue, but checked the script and everything looks fine.

Great !! happy that they are fixed, i love this table

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.