Zaccaria Pinball - Shooting The Rapids (1979) Bugs & Feedback

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
No problem, there are a lot of Zacc threads. Easy to miss something in all that stuff.
Maybe there should be a Master Issues thread. I posted a bug that could be fixed easily. Center rollover scores 3000 and Orange Special 50000. Outlane Specials are lit alternativly with the corresponding upper Special of the same color. Slings change the location. Specials can be collected again until ball drains.

Drop targets do not reset when ball drains.
Neither do the rollovers. Only Specials are switched off.

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
bug, maybe new in v2.9 - something is wrong with the plunger on this game, the color is missing (blank).

74-89

May 2, 2014
One more time, it's SHOOTING THE RAPIDS plunger, art issue! Please choose the best response:

A. The plunger head has always been a blank white space;
B. The plunger head used to look different but was supposed to be a blank white space so they fixed it; OR
C. The plunger head used to have a realistic texture but after update 2.8 it changed to a blank white space and nobody cares but me.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
This is actually my favorite table.

I'm pretty sure, like 99.9% that the plunger tip has always been white. If you look closely you can see its shaped correctly to make it look 3 dimensional and not something that was forgotten.

My bigger issue is the table is very blurry. From the playfield to the plastics, virtually all of the Zaccs have this issue. Shooting the Rapids actually looks worse now than it did on the previous updates. Tiny pixilation issues around the lettering and lines of the playfield. Haven't really played the app in a couple of months because of it and it was my go to digital pinball pack. Also the ball physics do not help.

I love this app and of course it's going to go through growing pains. But I'd love to see an update focusing on universal issues like ball and plunger physics and the blur issue than get a new table every month.

74-89

May 2, 2014
This is actually my favorite table.

I'm pretty sure, like 99.9% that the plunger tip has always been white. If you look closely you can see its shaped correctly to make it look 3 dimensional and not something that was forgotten.

My bigger issue is the table is very blurry. From the playfield to the plastics, virtually all of the Zaccs have this issue. Shooting the Rapids actually looks worse now than it did on the previous updates. Tiny pixilation issues around the lettering and lines of the playfield. Haven't really played the app in a couple of months because of it and it was my go to digital pinball pack. Also the ball physics do not help.

I love this app and of course it's going to go through growing pains. But I'd love to see an update focusing on universal issues like ball and plunger physics and the blur issue than get a new table every month.

+99.9%

That's what I would probably think, if I didn't have copies of update 2.8 on the same devices to compare it to. It definitely changed when the app size was compressed.

As to the blurries, you say it's gotten worse in the new update, and that is a bummer. I've only installed 3.2 on an iPhone so I can't really tell. On the iPad (3.1) they are glaring mistakes once you've noticed them. I don't want any fuzzy table elements, it's not worth having the smaller app.

2.8 looks great but ends with Spooky, so I'll probably end up with that and whatever new decent update contains the most remaining tables. I totally agree with the rest of this post.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yes guys i agree that the blurriness on various tables started after the update where the size of the app was compressed, this app still needs alot of work and i really hope ASK is capable to get it done the right way.

I found a pic of a real STR and i looks like the plunger head has the white colour indeed.

d5fe4f52ea6163e392d2c6d3d93ea1d5.jpg

74-89

May 2, 2014
Yes guys i agree that the blurriness on various tables started after the update where the size of the app was compressed, this app still needs alot of work and i really hope ASK is capable to get it done the right way.

I found a pic of a real STR and i looks like the plunger head has the white colour indeed.

d5fe4f52ea6163e392d2c6d3d93ea1d5.jpg

It sure does have a white plunger, and in v2.8 it looks very much like this pic, only slightly darker - actually shades of grey because it mostly lies in shadow, but you see more of it because the ball rests on it directly between the set of double black triangles.

In v3.1 it sits much closer to the position shown in the pic, and it looks totally different. Sometime after 2.8 it became a pure bright white like if you choose white for your desktop. Wish I could post pics for comparison, the difference is pretty drastic.

The only option for adding images I can find here is "add image from URL"

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
It sure does have a white plunger, and in v2.8 it looks very much like this pic, only slightly darker - actually shades of grey because it mostly lies in shadow, but you see more of it because the ball rests on it directly between the set of double black triangles.

In v3.1 it sits much closer to the position shown in the pic, and it looks totally different. Sometime after 2.8 it became a pure bright white like if you choose white for your desktop. Wish I could post pics for comparison, the difference is pretty drastic.

The only option for adding images I can find here is "add image from URL"

Yeah youre right its bright white on the ask version and indeed it doesnt look realistic to me, below a pic of the ask plunger, btw im using the tapatalk app for communication with the forums where you can easely add pics and videos.

54da6cba8582f87ea6ed0a5bcae69d36.jpg

74-89

May 2, 2014
Another "small size ball" issue to go with the Winter Sports kickout hole one.

On this table small size ball occasionally becomes stuck behind the rail near the top of the launch ramp.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Another "small size ball" issue to go with the Winter Sports kickout hole one.

On this table small size ball occasionally becomes stuck behind the rail near the top of the launch ramp.
Made some modification on the object there, it should work now. I mean it launched the small ball 10 times from 10 attempts.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Android version 1.1

When the ball drains down the left outlane while the red SPECIAL insert at the top of the left outlane is illuminated, nothing happens: SPECIAL remains lit (until the ball drains), no points are scored, and no sounds play.

I haven't played the table in real life so I don't know if this is working correctly or not. It feels like the SPECIAL isn't triggering, but it seems like it should be.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Android version 1.1

When the ball drains down the left outlane while the red SPECIAL insert at the top of the left outlane is illuminated, nothing happens: SPECIAL remains lit (until the ball drains), no points are scored, and no sounds play.

I haven't played the table in real life so I don't know if this is working correctly or not. It feels like the SPECIAL isn't triggering, but it seems like it should be.
There was a sensor issue there, will be fixed in the next update.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I've had the ball get stuck several times above the wire at the top right of the table on the plunge. This is since the iOS 3.3 update using the small ball.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I find it a real pitty that now with the new lightning update the upper playfield has much more lightning compared to the lower playfield,

Now the lightning on the slingshots and the bumper element on the middle right side of the table only light up when the ball triggers the bumper, while in the previous situation the slingshots and middle right bumper were lit permanently, real bummer cause the lightning on this table was always stunning.

cee4cbe6234452ae717e3efa57de8a69.jpg

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I was finding the opposite. Increasing light on table, increased bottom but not top of table. This is certainly the case on Space Shuttle.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.