Zaccaria Pinball - Shooting The Rapids (1979) Bugs & Feedback

night

May 18, 2012
I find it a real pitty that now with the new lightning update the upper playfield has much more lightning compared to the lower playfield,

Now the lightning on the slingshots and the bumper element on the middle right side of the table only light up when the ball triggers the bumper, while in the previous situation the slingshots and middle right bumper were lit permanently, real bummer cause the lightning on this table was always stunning.

cee4cbe6234452ae717e3efa57de8a69.jpg

What do you think about these settings: (Room on Light, settings switched back to default) R, G & B on 0% | inside light 80% | lightmap force 21%

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
There is no way i can increase the slingshot and right middle bumper lights, pic below shows lightning with lightmap force on 100, still everything dark on lower playfield., REAL bummer !!!

01d68639f15d8c51b71a243c641876b9.jpg

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Possible Bug - the Previous bonus score value lights at the bottom of the playfield don't stay lit as you move up in bonus to 3x and 5x.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I'm having a hard time shooting the ball through the spinner up to the top of the table. Unless the ball is shot perfectly up the center, it seems to grab onto the rubber bumpers by the spinner, sometimes even getting stuck in the spinner. I used to be able to make this shot easily before the upgrade.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks! I've since switched to the normal ball which doesn't have this problem. But those with small balls will be thankful. ;)

BTW, it occurred to me that my new difficulty with getting the ball through the spinner (mentioned above) to the top of the table may be due to my using a larger ball. Duh!

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Zsolt- The gate above the plunger is not working. Not a big deal, since it doesn't really affect gameplay or penalize the player.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Zsolt- The gate above the plunger is not working. Not a big deal, since it doesn't really affect gameplay or penalize the player.

I though the ball was supposed to go back down to the plunger sometimes so you can take another shot at the upper lanes skill shot. the plunger gate is a different design then the one that works on the upper left. no?

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I though the ball was supposed to go back down to the plunger sometimes so you can take another shot at the upper lanes skill shot. the plunger gate is a different design then the one that works on the upper left. no?

If that's the case, never mind. :eek:

But if that's true, then it should allow the player to make a skill shot instead of returning the ball into play automatically.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Might be from using small size ball, but here it works correctly: ball returns to plunger lane when it hits the gate with any force but not when the ball is falling back from a weak plunge or hits it too lightly. Just played a game with four skill shot plunges and the light show that comes with it.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt- double check me on that. Some others have pointed out that it is working properly and that I misunderstood how it should work.
I have made some modification on the gate at the end of launcher lane. Did you think of that?

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt occasionally when all dropdown targets are shotdown they dont all get reset in upright position and some of them remain in downwards position, is this how its supposed to be ?
Screenshot made right after reset :

5c3d7e095739d29cf9cd486c97208d0a.jpg

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
As Flipper Bump mentions, there are some peculiar things going on with the dropdown targets. I've been playing multiple rounds to try to figure out what is happening. I'm still not sure, but what I'm seeing is:
1. The targets will randomly reset for no reason in the first few games played.
2. The red special will light even when some targets are still standing.
3. Eventually, the targets will quit resetting after the initial set at the beginning of the game.
It may take several games played to get to where the targets fail to reset. Closing out the app will start the sequence of events again.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
As Flipper Bump mentions, there are some peculiar things going on with the dropdown targets. I've been playing multiple rounds to try to figure out what is happening. I'm still not sure, but what I'm seeing is:
1. The targets will randomly reset for no reason in the first few games played.
2. The red special will light even when some targets are still standing.
3. Eventually, the targets will quit resetting after the initial set at the beginning of the game.
It may take several games played to get to where the targets fail to reset. Closing out the app will start the sequence of events again.
I have re-written script that controls these targets and not experienced the above mentioned issues. The next update will include this fix.

Members online

Members online