Zaccaria Pinball - Space Shuttle (1980) Bugs & Feedback

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt there's also a plunger issue here, it takes some time before the ball is finally put right in front of the rod and is ready for plunging.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Is it just me, or does the ball eject out of the cup straight down the center and drain every time? It used to kick out into the bumpers a bit once upon a time.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I love this table - one of my favourites. I quite like the SDTM drain as means you need to be quick on the nudge - I think it's quite random at the moment which is perfect. I agree with many of the comments earlier in this thread which don't appear to have been responded to by Zsolt.

1) Should the drop targets be remembered between balls? (I've got frustratingly close to completing them all but it's not easy). Maybe that is what keeps me coming back. The videos above certainly indicate that the launch lights are remembered, but don't relight until you have re-completed a full bank of targets. Do we need to contact somebody who has a real life table?

2) Should the "Bottom outside lateral contacts" 24 in diagram above have more bounce and sound affect?

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I love this table - one of my favourites. I quite like the SDTM drain as means you need to be quick on the nudge - I think it's quite random at the moment which is perfect. I agree with many of the comments earlier in this thread which don't appear to have been responded to by Zsolt.

1) Should the drop targets be remembered between balls? (I've got frustratingly close to completing them all but it's not easy). Maybe that is what keeps me coming back. The videos above certainly indicate that the launch lights are remembered, but don't relight until you have re-completed a full bank of targets. Do we need to contact somebody who has a real life table?

2) Should the "Bottom outside lateral contacts" 24 in diagram above have more bounce and sound affect?

One of the best tables! Yes, Space Shuttle has puzzled me too, especially in the beginning when the lights where not remembered, it was an impossible mission. The only thing we have is the footage and we have to figure it out from there, but I think this table now works as it should be. (Zsolt has fixed the issues with the drop targets months ago).
But the centre drains are new, you can't see the eject hole in the vid but I am sure that within the first minute of this youtube the ball is ejected twice from the hole and always ends up somewhere between the bumpers. Now it is shot in a straight line downwards, pretty brutal!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Def a well-timed nudge will save your ball, so the table is at least playable until the next update. Man I love this table.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I've never been much of a nudger. I have been able to save balls this way, but generally tend to avoid tables that require it. Which is a shame because I love this table and it used to not be necessary to nudge.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I see lots of horizontal lines on the white pins as highlighted. When table scrolls the lines cause anti aliasing and look very noticeable. Again Nexus 7 2012.

c874d4d473.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
5949123fd3bb2d33db5b3daf1ca25aa5.jpg

[Android 3.4 Update]
I've got some custom light settings configured, but I don't think they should be causing all playfield art elements to be cancelled out. Playfield looks like it has been censored. :D

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
5949123fd3bb2d33db5b3daf1ca25aa5.jpg

[Android 3.4 Update]
I've got some custom light settings configured, but I don't think they should be causing all playfield art elements to be cancelled out. Playfield looks like it has been censored. :D
Wow, we wanted to support censor mode by the next update. :)

Anyway thanks, it will be fixed in the next update.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hello Zsolt i found a picture of a real Zaccaria Space Shuttle table which has permanent lightning on the slings while this isnt the case on the ASK sim
6582a5eed4c5ecea09be3e80ff832879.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt maybe i am overlooking something, i was wondering about the reason of the small pins with the little white bumpers in the outlanes ?
6aee8b3bd5fc1c22f4eee6c633df075f.jpg

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Android update 3.7

DAY default settings we see the following, top of the table is incredibly dark considering this is DAY settings.
229e60aafe.jpg

If we increase inside light and outside light to 100% then things look a little better, but still too dark at top and now starting to blow out at the bottom of table
4af447b556.jpg

I hold the highest score on this table, but to be honest since all the physics changes I cannot get anywhere near my score. The slingshots just cause so many drains. ....left, right, drain......left right drain.......repeat.

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Android update 3.7

I hold the highest score on this table, but to be honest since all the physics changes I cannot get anywhere near my score. The slingshots just cause so many drains. ....left, right, drain......left right drain.......repeat.

I have found that reducing the Slingshot Force to near 0% closely mimics the way the slings used to perform. I've had fun cranking it up to 80% on a lot of tables. However, the default setting (50% if I recall correctly) often times results in outlane drains.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.