Zaccaria Pinball - Space Shuttle (1980) Bugs & Feedback

74-89

May 2, 2014
Possible bug: unlike other tables, the kickout hole kicks the ball instantly, mechanical sound only.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Guys, thanks to you I hunted down a space shuttle ;) bad condition with faulty boards, acid, missing mpu... I'm currently restoring it...

The right inline drops are wrong in your table. See:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Or on page 76 of the PDF manual..

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Guys, thanks to you I hunted down a space shuttle ;) bad condition with faulty boards, acid, missing mpu... I'm currently restoring it...

image.jpg

And

image.jpg

Cool man good luck restoring this great table !!!

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Cleaned, clear coated, rebuilt assemblies. Just waiting for rubbers and bumper parts...

@ASK: bumper caps have little noses that force the caps in place. The tip of the star is always facing upwards. Plus they are tilted towards the player.

Advance bonus rollover on the left is red not yellow.
Say, is this a rollover button in your simulation? It should also light the spinner on the right (twin star posts start to blink) for 1k/spin

Top rollover lanes have short posts with cylindrical rubbers (http://thepinwitch.com/gx2/product_info.php/info/p651_mini---post-alt-weiss.html). I think I saw regular ones on your table.

See: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B025NI45MxrtZH

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
@ASK: bumper caps have little noses that force the caps in place. The tip of the star is always facing upwards. Plus they are tilted towards the player.

Advance bonus rollover on the left is red not yellow.

It should be noted here that Winter Sports has the same star bumper caps as Space Shuttle, and other tables with geometric designs on the bumper caps should probably be checked to make sure they are correctly positioned.

I think all of the rollover targets should be listed on the info screens.

Good luck with your Space Shuttle Mayuh, and thanks for the help! When you get it up and running please send us a report on kickout hole behavior, our version ejects the ball immediately without fanfare.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Sure, I will ;)

Lower Drop target banks (those with the space shuttles): shuttles are facing inwards. So the graphics on the left bank should be mirrored.

See: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3263&picno=23187&zoom=1

Also see the same picture for the illuminated top lane diverters. There is a bulb in the middle of them.

Did I mention that the space ship in the middle is metallic silver and not white? ;)

Also both scoops on top have bulbs under the play field. One on the left, two on the middle one. They should be illuminated imho - or do they light up later in the game?

Btw. Same as Stargod: the lightshow when plunging the ball is nice, but impossible on ZZZ generation 1 machines. I highly doubt even WPC95 can do it. Williams managed to dim the GI, but nowhere near a vertical wipe ;)

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
To Zsolt: please see if you can adjust the pop bumper caps so that the top of the stars are pointing straight upwards. Also see the above pictures of the left inlane drops for their proper appearance, this is how they should look.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
There is a weird effect on the flippers with the graphics set for Dynamic Flippers and Ball on this table.

5cf233460eda611a00af5c44cdd3190e.jpg

Also, the ball passes horizontally through the red dividers at the upper right of the table.

6960a3c9cd812b4963bc0af264bac046.jpg

This picture reminds me that with the normal daylight setting, several tables are pretty dark at the top.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The ball can pass directly under the spinner without causing it to spin. Also please check the alignment of the inlanes and arcade flippers

74-89

May 2, 2014
Hi Zsolt, I can't remember all the particulars, but some tables have crooked and/or incorrect bumper caps. The stars on this table need to be straightened. Winter Sports has these same caps and they should look like the ones on Strike? Not sure of the exact table. House of Diamonds has crooked caps. Someone said they got a Space Shuttle and the Zacc caps only fit in one direction (straight). There were also a couple drops that should be blue and white striped not solid red. There are pics in this thread but I'm too lazy to scroll up.

Time Machine had the speech for past and future reversed, I don't know if that issue has been addressed yet.

Red Show and Nautilus had minor problems with slightly off center playfield art. Please check this stuff!

I'm sure there is some other picky details I forgot. Glad to see dev continuing on these, thank you for your very kind attention.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt the effect of delay or freezing for a moment when the ball hits a static object is clearly noticable on this table, fore sure fixing this issue on all tables will improve the ball dynamics alot, thanks for the effort.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt, I can't remember all the particulars, but some tables have crooked and/or incorrect bumper caps. The stars on this table need to be straightened. Winter Sports has these same caps and they should look like the ones on Strike? Not sure of the exact table. House of Diamonds has crooked caps. Someone said they got a Space Shuttle and the Zacc caps only fit in one direction (straight). There were also a couple drops that should be blue and white striped not solid red. There are pics in this thread but I'm too lazy to scroll up.

Time Machine had the speech for past and future reversed, I don't know if that issue has been addressed yet.

Red Show and Nautilus had minor problems with slightly off center playfield art. Please check this stuff!

I'm sure there is some other picky details I forgot. Glad to see dev continuing on these, thank you for your very kind attention.
Thanks, all of these will be checked and fixed if needed.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt the effect of delay or freezing for a moment when the ball hits a static object is clearly noticable on this table, fore sure fixing this issue on all tables will improve the ball dynamics alot, thanks for the effort.
This could be a physics related issue. It will be examined and make changes to be fixed.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

image.jpg

image.jpg

Little details like this are nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.