Zaccaria Pinball - Star's Phoenix Bugs & Feedback

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
The physics are much better sinds the last update but could use some finetuning in order to run more natural.

For instance slingshots are a bit to powerful when the ball hits them on high speed and the ballspeed in general is quite high.

And maybe its the physics or the angle of the left ramp, but its still not easy to get the ball up there.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I lit the capture ball light, shot the ramp and then nothing happened, no amount of tilting could do anything, so I called attendant and that loses your ball and puts the next one in the plunger. Shame about that as I like this table but multi ball is almost impossible. I've earned extra balls on other tables and still not had the cheevo pop. Also on my phone if someone calls me the screen goes blank and all you get is sound.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt theres a bug here, it happened a couple of times that after the ball is shot into the bowling station (see pic) it gets stuck inside and doesnt return into the playfield,

Also there is quite alot of bounce on the slingshots and the ball behaviour seems quite fast/unbalanced on this table compared to all others.

7cd6c6d2527f7ffb9de29dcd92e2f641.jpg

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt theres a bug here, it happened a couple of times that after the ball is shot into the bowling station (see pic) it gets stuck inside and doesnt return into the playfield,

Also there is quite alot of bounce on the slingshots and the ball behaviour seems quite fast/unbalanced on this table compared to all others.
I was able to reproduce ramp issue here, so it was easy to fix it this way. Also checked slingshot power and you were right. It was stronger twice. Both fixes will be included by the next update.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
great thanks. It was when I hit the "R" or "S" on the right hand side and ball got stuck at top of table.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
When a ball is shot up the right ramp to store for multiball, the voice says "Bravo... ... ..." the ball comes out and drains as the second ball is introduced in the plunger lane. Shooting this second ball up the right ramp starts multiball. After loosing both balls and starting the next ball the multiball capture is still active, except when the ball drains during the "bravo" speech, it counts as if you lost the ball.

Essentially the table is not correctly counting the balls lost. The multiball capture releases the ball and it drains before switching to the launcher view. Also multiball activation is not reset upon a lost ball.

This one is really growing on me!

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
One thing I have noticed since the last iOS update is that often times a ball launched up the right ramp will not enter the multiball catch, but will instead roll up over the box and land back in play at the top left of the table.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
When a ball is shot up the right ramp to store for multiball, the voice says "Bravo... ... ..." the ball comes out and drains as the second ball is introduced in the plunger lane. Shooting this second ball up the right ramp starts multiball. After loosing both balls and starting the next ball the multiball capture is still active, except when the ball drains during the "bravo" speech, it counts as if you lost the ball.

Essentially the table is not correctly counting the balls lost. The multiball capture releases the ball and it drains before switching to the launcher view. Also multiball activation is not reset upon a lost ball.

This one is really growing on me!
Thanks! I think that issue was caused by another issue because the first ball of multiball should have been locked, not able to drain and put a new ball to the launcher. And this issue messes process of multiball activation. This fix will be included by the next update!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
One thing I have noticed since the last iOS update is that often times a ball launched up the right ramp will not enter the multiball catch, but will instead roll up over the box and land back in play at the top left of the table.
Thanks! The same issue caused this problem too. The next update will fix it.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks! I think that issue was caused by another issue because the first ball of multiball should have been locked, not able to drain and put a new ball to the launcher. And this issue messes process of multiball activation. This fix will be included by the next update!

You continue to impress :) thanks again for all your hard work

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt im checking this multiball procedure after the last update and i am not sure if it works well.,

The rulesheet reads, after the "capture ball" is lit shooting the ball up the ramp captures the ball,

Now i cant really find the location of this capture ball lamp, but i noticed that after hitting all targets under the blue bar and all target lights "s.t.a.r" are lit, when shooting the ball up the ramp after this you will here the "Bravo" sample play, and the ball should lock in the station while the second ball appears in the launcher.

The issue here was that the ball didnt lock in the station after the "Bravo" sample played, but got released again while the second ball appeared in the plunger station.

Another strange thing happened somewhere this week when i also checked this process,

Here the ball was locked in the station after shooting it up the ramp and this time it didnt release afterwards, so i plunged the second ball into the playfield and managed to also shoot this second ball up the ramp into the station.

Well what happened after this was that the multiball took place and both balls were released onto the playfield.

The issue here was right after releasing both balls, the camera changed its viewing angle to right behind the flippers and zoomed in on the table, and i lost both balls because i got confused because of this camera movement.

Can you check this multiball procedure again ? thanks man !!

Also., there are two black bars with a black dot above them on the table rules sheet in the right lower section, which most probably dont belong there ? see pic :

a452e6539dbbab903eaa63e83d485e4c.jpg

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I believe the capture ball lamp is located above the R & S in the STARS hanging targets. It is obscured by the mechanism from which the STARS targets dangle.

I think the failure of the ball to lock after flipping the STARS hangers is an error as it used to lock prior to the first physics overhaul. Plus the ball disappears from play when the view returns to the launcher.

I'm still trying to figure out the functions of multiball. A couple of times when achieving multiball, I've immediately lost one ball and then have to start over with shooting the hangers. One time I was able to keep the multiball going for a bit, and the capture lamp continued to flash. When I lost a ball, i was able to shoot the ramp and was rewarded with another multiball without having to clear the hangers again. Now I wonder if I could have gotten a third ball going by hitting the ramp with two in play.

I have not had the view change to below the flippers yet.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt im checking this multiball procedure after the last update and i am not sure if it works well.,

The rulesheet reads, after the "capture ball" is lit shooting the ball up the ramp captures the ball,

Now i cant really find the location of this capture ball lamp, but i noticed that after hitting all targets under the blue bar and all target lights "s.t.a.r" are lit, when shooting the ball up the ramp after this you will here the "Bravo" sample play, and the ball should lock in the station while the second ball appears in the launcher.

The issue here was that the ball didnt lock in the station after the "Bravo" sample played, but got released again while the second ball appeared in the plunger station.

Another strange thing happened somewhere this week when i also checked this process,

Here the ball was locked in the station after shooting it up the ramp and this time it didnt release afterwards, so i plunged the second ball into the playfield and managed to also shoot this second ball up the ramp into the station.

Well what happened after this was that the multiball took place and both balls were released onto the playfield.

The issue here was right after releasing both balls, the camera changed its viewing angle to right behind the flippers and zoomed in on the table, and i lost both balls because i got confused because of this camera movement.

Also., there are two black bars with a black dot above them on the table rules sheet in the right lower section, which most probably dont belong there ? see pic :

a452e6539dbbab903eaa63e83d485e4c.jpg

Zsolt can you please check this multiball procedure again ? thanks !!

night

May 18, 2012
I had all the dropdown bowling targets down, it said "Bravo!", and I cradled the ball with my left flipper when all of a sudden a new ball was loaded (camera moved to the plunger), so I plunge the new ball and my other ball on my left flipper was gone..

Also, when you shoot a bowling target and loose a ball it is not remembered and all is reset back. I don't know if this is normal for this table. Something tells me it should behave the same as with Space Shuttle and Fire Mountain where drop targets are remembered.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.