Zaccaria Pinball - Strike (1978) Bugs & Feedback

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, definitely bumpers, and in the close-up pic from Zsolt you can see a little bit of the bumper-mechanic on the back sides left and right as well.
Haj made an interesting comment, as the front bumpers could not react when there are still drop target in front of them.. so then they must get activated after you finish a row on the left or right I guess?

10zcxm8-1.jpg

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I really dig this table. Reminds me so much of Gottlieb's Jacks Open but with active slingshots and beep boop sounds instead of chimes.

74-89

May 2, 2014
I really dig this table. Reminds me so much of Gottlieb's Jacks Open but with active slingshots and beep boop sounds instead of chimes.

Me too. It's an SS reissue of their original EM classic from 1974. Plays great, no wonder it was a hit.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I agree, it's too dark to really see the colors.
+1

Star's Phoenix and Locomotion have too much light.

The most similar Gottlieb is King Pin which has 4 flippers. The Strike version with the 1000 bumpers is an old EM.

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Yes, definitely bumpers, and in the close-up pic from Zsolt you can see a little bit of the bumper-mechanic on the back sides left and right as well.
Haj made an interesting comment, as the front bumpers could not react when there are still drop target in front of them.. so then they must get activated after you finish a row on the left or right I guess?

I don't know, those could also be leaf switches.
I think bumpers/slings so close to the pop-pumpers could be problematic on a real pinball game.
And the holes' shapes are round, not rectangular with rounded end caps on the thinner ends.

If those were slings there should also be additional leaf switches to trigger the kickers.

droptargets.jpg

Image: Drop target bank with leaf switch behind rubber.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

10zcxm8-1.jpg

Found a video of Star God that I thought might help. Start the video at 30. I think it's the same set up as Strike and there is no snap.

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, indeed you are right. The video is clear on this, no slingshots. But what is a leaf switch?

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Ball got trapped behind the upper left targets by going up the playfield, hitting the left pop bumper and then going through the metal gate to get trapped. This was not an issue from launching the ball to begin play. Also you can see the blurry left pop bumper. And blurry "double bonus" text between the flipper gap.
f24e3fc18aedce28a966e8e1a631889a.jpg

I can confirm this bug. I just got a ball trapped during a particularly good round. I wish Calling Attendent didn't penalize us a stroke.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt could be wrong but thought you put bumpers at the back of the middle cabinet ? i dont see anything bumping there.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Still love sniping the targets one by one. Very fun in a sort of El Dorado type way but I like Strike much more then the aforementioned table. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.