Zaccaria Pinball - Time Machine Bugs & Feedback

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
the time machine are being addressed in the 1.3 update we are awaiting. as far as what table to pick for me it would be locomotion .

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i just looked up time machine at http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl and really hit a couple mysterys. There is mention on the playfield image that the two white flippers near the middle are not the original flippers. Supposedly they were red ? mystery number 2 there is mention of "wings" that were supposed to be present on the blue flippers to prevent ball from draining. Since i only had a brief encounter with the real arcade version in '84 my memory fails me on these details.

night

May 18, 2012
I noticed a strange behaviour of the ball when it enters the red ramp/tube in the back: sometimes the ball enters the red ramp too slow and you see that is barely enters 20/30% or so, at a point that the ball will normally roll back because it just can't make it all the way through with such a slow movement. But it doesn't roll back, it still goes all the way through and comes out at the end! This is impossible, unless there is some sort of a mechanic inside the ramp that pushes the ball all the way through..

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I noticed a strange behaviour of the ball when it enters the red ramp/tube in the back: sometimes the ball enters the red ramp too slow and you see that is barely enters 20/30% or so, at a point that the ball will normally roll back because it just can't make it all the way through with such a slow movement. But it doesn't roll back, it still goes all the way through and comes out at the end! This is impossible, unless there is some sort of a mechanic inside the ramp that pushes the ball all the way through..
I think you have found another bug. We will check and fix it if needed.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
when you are on the bonus ball and if you get the bumpers down and go into the past the clock is supposed to STOP until you hit the bumpers back up which resumes the countdown on the bonus ball from where you left off BEFORE the bumpers went down. This is the way it worked in the real world and should be on the rulesheet. this version is incorrect as the countdown clock continues even when the bumpers are down and flippers go dead when it runs out. This needs to be fixed .
Thanks! We will check it.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Hi.
In time machine the mini playfield ABCDEF lights near the pop bumpers (future) are not going out when hit. The behaviour can be seen in this youtube video. http://youtu.be/ZHySFvc2et4

The hits do appear to be registering as they increase the "bonus future" light ladder in the middle of the playfield. They just aren't being unlit when hit.
Tested: Zaccaria Master Edition 1.2 (owned) I also downloaded Zaccaria 1.8 to test and same problem.
Platform tested: ipad3, iphone 4s

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
So here is a draft master list of bugs in Time Machine 1.8
Reversion - ABCDEF standup target lights not working (though they score) - reproduced
Reversion - ABCDEF standup target sounds not working - reproduced
Bug - There is also a weird sound bug when the bonus is awarded. - one report
Bug - Red and Orange special standup targets not working - reproduced
Rules - MACHINE lights should carry over between balls
Rules - 1234567 lights should carry over between balls
Rules - "now you go into the past" should pause red special timer until mini playfield is raised again.
Physics - bouncyness of rubbers surrounding bumpers on mini playfield too low (compared to real machine, this makes A,B,D,F stand ups hard to hit) - tweaks to rubber response discussed elsewhere on board
Physics - some hits to slingshots on real machine push ball more vertically up the table

Video of real machine for reference:

Last edited:

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Zac 1.9 time machine:
ABCDEF standup targets work (score on bonus ladder), but lights should start lit and go unlit when targets hit. Lights instead start unlit and do not change.
1234567 standup targets do not work or score on bonus ladder. Lights start unlit, should be lit.

(New feature request: 1234567 light status should be remembered between balls. This is reportedly the default behaviour on the real machine.)

Last edited:

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Could someone familiar with the machine verify that the solid red special is working properly? (Not the flashing red special you get when completing a set of drop targets, the non-flashing red special you get by completing ABCDEF). Solid red special doesn't seem to register hits, and times out to the other bonuses on the white lights below.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Zsolt is it possible to fix the overblown red bar ? the red bar of a real zacc shows the red lights with a red shade around them (see pics)

The ball physics for this table are abit too bouncy, this is clearly noticable when you let the ball bounce on the flippers.

d3f8b3b3f0e415f5e56d05153ea35328.jpg

2f999cccec2eaedd2fd8e12284d46720.jpg

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I like some bouncing in pinball and don't see too much in TM.

Fair enough., to me the performance of a real zacc should be the reference rather than according to my own personal taste, i dont own a zacc so i check all the available zacc footage on youtube to compare the sims with the real stuff.

Below a vid of a real Time Machine, where i notice a less bouncy and more weighted ball, a flexibel but solid bounce of the slingshots, more ball interaction with the pops and more power when plunging the ball into the playfield.

http://youtu.be/ZHySFvc2et4

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Shadow of the flippers (shorter ones) in the dark room seems to be wrong (shadows are there both above and below of the flippers)

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hello Zsolt in this new Year i post this request again, can you please put some work into the red bar to make it look like the one on the real Time Machine, where the red bulbs can be seen with a red shade around them, this would be very much appreciated,

803d7c303072c7af800f3c0f68b55370.jpg

de9f9adf7fe7e3578127280b7facb0a1.jpg

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Awesome suggestion, Flipper. Might have been you who suggested also, but I'd also love solid red flippers for all the machines.

i saw a video of Time Machine played in a dimly lit room and the backglass lights moving and reflecting off the playfield glass really adds another dimension to the game play. not sure if it'd be feasible to implement in the app, but it really looks like it adds to the overall game play. check it out.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Awesome suggestion, Flipper. Might have been you who suggested also, but I'd also love solid red flippers for all the machines.

i saw a video of Time Machine played in a dimly lit room and the backglass lights moving and reflecting off the playfield glass really adds another dimension to the game play. not sure if it'd be feasible to implement in the app, but it really looks like it adds to the overall game play. check it out.

Yes the lightning looks fantastic on the video and also the red and blue flipper pairs as a switchable option in graphics menu for all tables was and most probably still is a favourite option for most of us.
8bfc8b19463fd74ebc7f8595b11e8c8b.jpg

8bc5f7aa4774e9e2b682f411d8fb137a.jpg

6ab4e285e488f3e317b690490e195835.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Members online