Zaccaria Pinball - Update v1.3

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
So far the performance on my iPad 1 is nothing short of spectacular. And the attention to detail adds a lot to gameplay.
The subtle imperfections on the ball texture for example give a hint how the ball rotates and how it will interact with the flippers.
Plausible shadows and lighting make it easier and faster for the brain to parse the geometry of the playfield.
Same with physics, the simulation should be consistent and realistic. Our brains spend a lot of time to create an accurate model of the world outside of our heads, trying to predict simple newtonian physics.
Zaccaria Pinball is consistent and predictable and makes it easy for the player to tune in. (Except for the strange hand of god feature on Time Machine, right ramp).

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Looking forward to Hot Wheels. Never played a real one but I like the look of the figure eight loop from the ball launch. Reminds me of Flash.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm speechless! I'd just like to echo another poster in this thread by saying "don't burn yourselves out!".

night

May 18, 2012
do you ever play the games? or just watch and drool at the graphics? ;)

I never notice the graphics when playing - pinball is fast and furious.

:) You never noticed the graphics because they make you feel like playing real pinbal! I have a lot of issues and comments on TPA graphics, but Zaccaria is an eye-candy. It feels much more real than TPA, where I am more in a early 90ties 3D simulation. But Zaccaria feels much closer to reality. The attention to details all adds to this feeling. I drool over the graphics while I am playing it, absolutely. I am a graphic artist, that's how I make my living, graphics are my life. ASK is doing a terrific job, and like someone else commented, I hardly play TPA anymore, I spend my pinball time on Zaccaria.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
:) You never noticed the graphics because they make you feel like playing real pinbal! I have a lot of issues and comments on TPA graphics, but Zaccaria is an eye-candy. It feels much more real than TPA, where I am more in a early 90ties 3D simulation. But Zaccaria feels much closer to reality. The attention to details all adds to this feeling. I drool over the graphics while I am playing it, absolutely. I am a graphic artist, that's how I make my living, graphics are my life. ASK is doing a terrific job, and like someone else commented, I hardly play TPA anymore, I spend my pinball time on Zaccaria.

I'm very envious of the regular updates and change notes from the developer. Farsight please take note. As much as I want Zaccaria on Android, I respect ASK for not stretching themselves and keeping quality high on the single platform for now.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
much as I want Zaccaria on Android, I respect ASK for not stretching themselves and keeping quality high on the single platform for now.

+1
I know I keep badgering, but I do appreciate the work going into getting this right.

When the time is right, I'd love an Android port though. Man I love drop targets.

I can't afford an ipad is all.

night

May 18, 2012
+1
I know I keep badgering, but I do appreciate the work going into getting this right.

When the time is right, I'd love an Android port though. Man I love drop targets.

I can't afford an ipad is all.

I bought Gold for my iPad and would buy it again for my HTC. All good things to those who wait. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I bought Gold for my iPad and would buy it again for my HTC. All good things to those who wait. :)

Aren't the 'good things that come to those who wait' just the leftovers from the people that got there first? :D JK...Zaccaria is definitely worth the wait!

milkman

May 18, 2013
Looks like another great update! With how you guys work, by the time the final table is released it'll be the perfect pinball app!

One suggestion I have is to have some sort of "view mode", where you can scroll around the table artwork and backglass in detail. I often just leave the machine on attract mode and look at the overview of the table to just admire the artwork.

night

May 18, 2012
Since we are having so many great options to tweak, is it possible to set individual volume settings between the mechanical sounds (and ball rolling sound fx) and the sound fx of the game itself?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
If everything goes well the update v1.3 will be sent to Apple for review this Thursday.

In the meantime here is a screenshot about Hot Wheels table.

6nxr3d.jpg

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Since we are having so many great options to tweak, is it possible to set individual volume settings between the mechanical sounds (and ball rolling sound fx) and the sound fx of the game itself?
Thanks! It seems like it's another great idea from you! We will take it into consideration.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.