Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.7

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thank you very much all of you for feedback, bugs, suggestions and opinions. Of course all issues will be fixed in the next update and all of your suggestion will take into consideration. As I see many of you doesn't like new menu, especially table selection screen. Yes, icons are too small on iPhone 4 and 5 that's why this screen will be changed for sure. We like that idea that icons should be bigger and the screen would be scrolling. Anyway layouts of landscape mode isn't final, for example icons on table selection screen will be arranged other way to use space of landscape mode better.

We are happy to see you like new physics engine. Of course some tweak is needed to be as perfect as possible. Anyway the next update is under development and should be send to Apple for review the beginning of the next week.

Thanks for your support!

Thank you for the progress updates and all the work you have put into this game! Don't mean to be annoying, just want to make sure you saw the comments about icade controllers not woking on the game atm. I am dying to try out the new physics and table!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thank you for the progress updates and all the work you have put into this game! Don't mean to be annoying, just want to make sure you saw the comments about icade controllers not woking on the game atm. I am dying to try out the new physics and table!
Yes, I have seen it. iCade issue will be also fixed in the next update.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for all work Zsolt. Could you add a touch screen nudge option? Swipe and Gyro are a bit inefficient sometimes when the ball is too fast.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Good to read that the bumpers and slingshots of all tables are tuned now so that the physics engine has a more equal effect on all tables,

After playing for a while on different tables now there is clearly a noticable improvement of the physics,

Though i think the slingshots and bumpers are still abit stiff and could use more elasticity on them and the ball feels abit light weighted,

The attack and control of the flippers is improved, though i still find it not easy to accurately aim a shot on certain targets with the flippers.

Im happy with this first physics update noticing the tables coming more to life and im looking foreward to the second update, a big compliment to you guys !!!

74-89

May 2, 2014
Almost all SS tables have a 5 ball choice. It depends on the operator which settings are used.

Many of the Zacc SSs are programmable for up to 7 balls.

I have been playing in the 5 ball mode for all tables for some time now. I see a lot of photographs of real Zac tables that had a 5 ball card on it, so this must be an often used selling point. I like it, sets it apart from TPA.

Please, if you can, post or point me to some pics of these 5 ball cards. In all of the videos and pictures I have found, 5 ball cards only appear on the EMs.

I want to love the 5 ball game! I'm only playing 3 because I thought that was an accurate sim.

74-89

May 2, 2014
The new physics engine ROCKS. I've been playing the tables like crazy! Very nice random ball activity, much less predictable than before. Some of the games seemed harder at first until I realized that was only because I was still trying to play them the old way. Months of training can be hard to undo.

I missed a day a half of work over this update! All I can say is, very well done.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I want to love the 5 ball game! I'm only playing 3 because I thought that was an accurate sim.

I love five ball games. All the machines at college were set that way. Actually made Fish Tales bearable to learn.

Having played with the new physics engine for a couple of days, I gotta say I really love it. My biggest request moving forward would be for table rules or even a table tutorial like TPA uses.

night

May 18, 2012
Notice that in the physics settings the flipper gap is set to 'original' as a standard, but it should be set to 'light' for the wider gap, which is.... the original gap size of a real table. Zsolt, is this correct? This is confusing.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
On mystic star -- are the rubbers on each side of the play field below the targets supposed to snap? Right now they don't.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here is what I am using. I lowered flipper power and ball speed pretty drastically in order to help cut down on the occasion high ball speeds. I'm pretty happy with it. Anyone else have any physics settings they'd like to share? Or any adjustments to my settings to improve play? Please share your thoughts.

14891699689_cd47fa9853.jpg

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yea. I cranked my ball speed all the way down but it still seems too fast. I don't know. The only thing in this physics update that seems to be an improvement is the dead bounces work more realistically. Lots of bugs like spinners not working sometimes.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yea. I cranked my ball speed all the way down but it still seems too fast. I don't know. The only thing in this physics update that seems to be an improvement is the dead bounces work more realistically. Lots of bugs like spinners not working sometimes.

I'm mostly in agreement with the above. I'm not so sold on the new physics being much better than the old. There's definitely more speed and everything is more lively, but I think a lot of the charm and general feel of these old tables has been lost. There is no weight to the ball and at times it's often way too fast and hyperactive. I wasn't one who felt the speed was so off before. To me all that was needed in that regard was to up the bounciness of the rubber a bit. I don't really know anything about how the underlying engine operates but at times I feel like the basic physics engine Zaccaria have implemented is not quite "dynamic" enough and I'm not sure it can be fixed without a "ground up" re-write.

In the end, I actually think the old physics felt more like what it's like to walk into a bowling alley and play a few rounds on the old machine sitting in the back corner...

Having said that, I certainly appreciate the continued development from ASK and look forward to what's coming in the future. Some sort of middle ground between the two physics implementations might be a good way to go...

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
MK pinball fan: I have an iPad 3 you need to update to 7.1.1 no issues with this app. period.
There is one more update after that 7.1.1 I have not updated mine because I heard the TPA app. was crashing on folks iPads. Still waiting to update again but I'am happy with 7.1.1 for now I'am in no hurry.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I'm mostly in agreement with the above. I'm not so sold on the new physics being much better than the old. There's definitely more speed and everything is more lively, but I think a lot of the charm and general feel of these old tables has been lost. There is no weight to the ball and at times it's often way too fast and hyperactive. I wasn't one who felt the speed was so off before. To me all that was needed in that regard was to up the bounciness of the rubber a bit. I don't really know anything about how the underlying engine operates but at times I feel like the basic physics engine Zaccaria have implemented is not quite "dynamic" enough and I'm not sure it can be fixed without a "ground up" re-write.

In the end, I actually think the old physics felt more like what it's like to walk into a bowling alley and play a few rounds on the old machine sitting in the back corner...

Having said that, I certainly appreciate the continued development from ASK and look forward to what's coming in the future. Some sort of middle ground between the two physics implementations might be a good way to go...

Now wait a sec buddy, don't tell me you feel a little homesick to the old physics, because they can't stand in the shadow of the new physics imo. There was hardly any charm in the old physics, more frustration. I think that especially the charm is preserved, the raw nature is all there, so much more than the polished TPA physics. But now we are a couple of days on the road with the physics, and some tweaking later, I do more than agree with the comments above that the flipper force needs to be toned down. A lot. I have set the settings all the way back to 0 but it hardly makes a difference.
So, these are my settings. Do note: there is a bug in Zaccaria, each time you fire up Zac the physics settings reset to Arcade AND the flipper gap size to Original (which is oddly the smaller filler gap size, so why it is called original I dunno, perhaps an old bug or typo).

I wonder what you folks think about this, less hyper than the standard Arcade setting but still on fire. Yet we can use a little less flipper force. The bumper/slingshots settings is more or less personal flavour, and some tables are different. It's not final and I have yet to try Kolchak's settings.
Well, my 2 cents.

IMG_0362.jpg

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Agreed Night: If they go back to the old physics now I'am erasing the app. and moving on. I love the upgrade because all my games now last more than mear seconds hell some games now last 15 minutes or more that is saying something about this update.
Before it was drain, drain, drain..........turn the app. off.....
Thanks Night I wil try your settings. Highly appreciated as always.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.