Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.9

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I've just tried youre physics settings hay and i notice that the ball moves abit slower, i am sorry to say but this ball behaviour still doesnt match the natural physics of the ball on the real Zaccs imo,

during the last year me and probably many others tried to manually configure the physics in custom mode, putting quite some effort in without real satisfactioning results,

the aim with this collection is imo providing pinball which match the standards of the original, below i will post a vid which gives a good impression of the (ball) physics of a real Zacc.

http://youtu.be/z3w6ooJj6iE

You're right :p The thing is, simulating physics realistically is not an easy task, and since we've just got the updated physics, we'd better appreciate the effort and give a try. It's good we're given an option to change the params for our liking.

...watching the movie again, I'm again convinced the flipper power of current game is too strong (look at the ball speed at on a flipper and a sling) and ball friction should be much higher than 50%, lower the tilt setting for the floating feel. Ball acceleration seems rather well simulated in the current game contrary to my previous comment.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Some more nice pictures of tables with coloured flippers, really like the lightning and colours of the space shuttle table

2bfa61f1668ffde08b3dd2d34f487af2.jpg

86f499c6fc799f260e6d2c70c0c7cd93.jpg

3431a52db1834acb47dd6f0716b641df.jpg

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
...watching the movie again, I'm again convinced the flipper power of current game is too strong (look at the ball speed at on a flipper and a sling) and ball friction should be much higher than 50%, lower the tilt setting for the floating feel. Ball acceleration seems rather well simulated in the current game contrary to my previous comment.

Yes indeed hai, this footage also shows that the flipper force of the ASK version is set to high and i really hope the ASK team will manage to simulate the ball physics as shown on this video.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I personally like the power of the new physics. I think it's dangerous to compare reality to a video on YouTube. Who's to say that table is calibrated correctly?

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I personally like the power of the new physics. I think it's dangerous to compare reality to a video on YouTube. Who's to say that table is calibrated correctly?

I cannot say if this table is calibrated correctly, but when watching the physics behaviour of different zacc tables on the videos available on youtube theres a clear similarity noticable, specially considering flipper power and ball physics which dont match the simulated physics of the ASK version.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I was very happy with the new physics, and I am all for fine-tuning by the ASK team. But I doubt if it is possible to recreate authentic physics like seen on real tables and youtubes. That is really something guys, to exactly mimic reality. TPA is not close to real either.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I was very happy with the new physics, and I am all for fine-tuning by the ASK team. But I doubt if it is possible to recreate authentic physics like seen on real tables and youtubes. That is really something guys, to exactly mimic reality. TPA is not close to real either.

agreed.

i'm happy with the new physics update, because it feels more realistic, yet is still fast and fun. hopefully there can be a best of both worlds between Arcade and Simulation. I always think about TPA and Zacc as being the idealized physics for the table. I've played a ton of old tables and you know what, they play like old tables, which is fine, but with these last two zacc updates i feel like we're getting the best of both worlds.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I don't need nor expect perfection really. But I think there are still some issues with the way many of the tables play that are a reflection of some odd physics issues and it does have a negative impact on my enjoyment of the tables. For instance, Blackbelt is one of my favorites. But, when you initially launch the ball and it rings around the top and bounces off the one way gate, it almost always does exactly the same thing - drops down through the first/left most alley into the play field. Doesn't matter how hard or soft you launch it, it basically never bounces off that gate enough to drop through one of the other alleys. If you watch videos of the table that's just not right. That's just one simple example but pretty much every table has some issues - the various ramps and so forth (Robot bridge) are still crazy hard to aim for too...

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I think the physics in general are for sure significantly better sinds the new engine and the tweaks in the following updates, the tables are much more fun to play and theres definitely more action going on, the only things i mentioned which need some finetuning imo are flipper force and some more weight to the ball.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrrEJ42WfM
Adding this: the upper right rubbers are pretty active on this table. When you plunge the ball will hit this rubber and then go into the bumpers or hit a drop target. The ASK version has dead rubbers which often lead the ball STDM.

Yes. The upper right slingshot is way too weak compared to the real table, it needs much more power. And of course a fix for that impossible bridge.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Update v2.9 has been sent to Apple for review.
Changelog:

4 TIMES LESS STORAGE USAGE, thanks to removing of some unnecessary files and features, compressing of some textures, Zaccaria Pinball takes about 200 Mbytes instead of more than 800 Mbytes.

RENEWED reflection effect that makes glass of pinball table more realistic.

ADDED a new particle effect.

RENEWED metal effect for some mechanical and metal part of pinball tables.

ADDED a new pinball table, Star's Phoenix.

ADDED a Rule Sheet button to UI that shows instruction card of current table.

ADDED a new tilt function, named as 'Zone'. Tap to an area on the screen you want to tilt the table.

FIXED defected plungers on specific tables.

FIXED wrong end bonus calculation on Spooky table.

FIXED moving target on Clown table.

TWEAKED rotation speed of spinners.

Star's Phoenix table:
919qn7.jpg

Implemented Rule Sheet:
2emnd35.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Now how great is that?!! Great to see rulesheets/instruction cards in Zaccaria.
Zsolt, do you know if the new reflexiom and metal fx will work on older devices, like the iPad2?

In normal lighting (the left image) the bowling thing looks blown-out. Richt picture is beautifull.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
ADDED a new particle effect.
??? Particles?

ADDED a new pinball table, Star's Phoenix.
Looks good.

ADDED a Rule Sheet button to UI that shows instruction card of current table.
That will make Zaccaria Pinball better, particularly for the non-wizards. The instruction cards that are available online are often wrong or only Italian or German(poor translations).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.