Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

pinball_chaos

Zen Studios Employee
Aug 13, 2018
As soon as we have an update on this topic we will be sure to let you know. There are discussions with stakeholders at every level right now.

karussellbremser

Aug 20, 2015
As soon as we have an update on this topic we will be sure to let you know. There are discussions with stakeholders at every level right now.

That's good to hear, thanks for the information. It's alright that, e.g., Disney does not want any "adult" (purposely in quotation marks) content within "their" licensed game. However, they should see Pinballfx3 as a storefront for individual "games" (tables) that are independent of each other, content-wise.

Also, as a last resort, please at least consider some sort of age verification to access uncensored content. E.g., you could offer an "uncensored" DLC for the whole game that is only available to purchase via your website where you implement some sort of age verification.

Please understand that it's not like we are so desperate to see cigars or some dragon animations or hear slightly raunchy voice-samples. Instead, it's about recreating the original gaming experience as close as possible. I found it annoying that in TPA, some tables had to be changed for licensing purposes (e.g. World Cup Soccer), but at least I knew that there was no viable way for Farsight to legally present the unaltered content. In this case here, I believe this is different.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
No cigar? Whelp that’s it, table is unplayable now.

If you listen to the podcast, you’ll hear that there is more to consider than just the ESRB, but also other companies Zen works with *cough Disney cough*. It’s not a finished topic, what and where to censor, but let’s save our ire and look at the big picture. Would you rather have a cigar and see a dragon bite a knight, or possibly get Indiana Jones?

Some of the people on steam forums are about to jump off a bridge over that cigar. LOL I'm just hoping with the expanded ERSB rating they will be able to fit most of the tables, still worried about the the two Elvira tables if they ever show up in Pinball FX3 what they will have to change to get in. Like I posted on your YouTube video interview, it's funny kids can see women/girls with bikini's on at a beach or swimming pool but let's cover up Elvira with her lowcut outfit, which is essentially a one piece bathing suit in today's standards.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I do gotta say that Elvira covered up just turns her into Morticia Addams or Lilly from the Munsters. The cleavage is so much a part of her character, she simply would no longer be Elvira without it.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Will they release a separate Williams app on PS4 or will I have to download Pinball FX3? I dont want the other tables...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
No cigar? Whelp that’s it, table is unplayable now.

If you listen to the podcast, you’ll hear that there is more to consider than just the ESRB, but also other companies Zen works with *cough Disney cough*. It’s not a finished topic, what and where to censor, but let’s save our ire and look at the big picture. Would you rather have a cigar and see a dragon bite a knight, or possibly get Indiana Jones?

I thought about posting about this regarding the comments on the Steam forums, then you say something about it!

But yeah. The lack of logic from these comments is like going on TPA's Facebook comments section. It's baffling and a massive headache.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Will they release a separate Williams app on PS4 or will I have to download Pinball FX3? I dont want the other tables...

So don't buy the other tables. Pinball FX3 is a pinball platform. Think of it as Steam for pinball. The beautiful thing is you can join tournaments on your PS4 that are hosted by people on Steam and vice versa. Steam users get to compete against all consoles. The hope is that a mobile version of FX3 will come to fruition so that we can compete against them too. Zen want to bring together all of the pinball community, regardless of system you are using.

Wapcaplet

Jul 18, 2012
Please understand that it's not like we are so desperate to see cigars or some dragon animations or hear slightly raunchy voice-samples. Instead, it's about recreating the original gaming experience as close as possible. I found it annoying that in TPA, some tables had to be changed for licensing purposes (e.g. World Cup Soccer), but at least I knew that there was no viable way for Farsight to legally present the unaltered content. In this case here, I believe this is different.
This point needs to be repeated for those of you who think the cigar issue is pointless criticism. I don't care about the cigar -- I care about Zen preserving the original experience as much as possible. If Zen is going to use the #PreservePinball hashtag all over the place for the real tables, then don't change the tables. Simple as that. Zen shouldn't claim preservation in its marketing if they're not preserving the tables in their original state.

HulaHoop72

Feb 2, 2018
This point needs to be repeated for those of you who think the cigar issue is pointless criticism. I don't care about the cigar -- I care about Zen preserving the original experience as much as possible. If Zen is going to use the #PreservePinball hashtag all over the place for the real tables, then don't change the tables. Simple as that. Zen shouldn't claim preservation in its marketing if they're not preserving the tables in their original state.
I believe we'll see a sort of "Preservation Lite" on any risque tables, if at all.
Personally I'd like to see "as is" on all tables released, but I fear that might not be viable, from a commercial point-of-view.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I absolutely want unaltered tables as my #1 choice, but that's me as a fan and not as a person running a business. So long as there is actual thought put behind a decision and it not just being a knee jerk reaction, I respect that. I didn't take issue with FarSight festering tables simply because I wanted to play them. Sure No Fear became really generic, and World Cup Soccer looked odd and didn't do a very good job hiding certain DMD prompts, but the alternative of not getting to play them at all wasn't acceptable either. Hell, I was lobbying for a master festering of NBA Fastbreak that would have eliminated all team and player references just so I could play it whenever.

So the same applies to Zen. I want them to push as far as they can, to not take the easy way out without at least trying. If they do that, I'm cool with whatever the end result is. To those that have never even played these tables in real life, seen what they truly look like, they'll hopefully never know the difference and to them #PreservePinball will be very real.

And let's not forget, Python pushed so far beyond the envelope with his prototype Zingy Bingy table, that Capcom decided to just scrap the whole pinball division right then and there. Yay for artistic freedom?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Screw the cigar. Let them concentrate on the physics first - we need the wild ball back!

I am all for having the original table as it should be, but if you listen to the podcast with Mel the Zen chap, you can fully understand the reason why they need to do a bit of tinkering. Like he said they will look it at a later date. If they can't change the table going forward to include the cigar, etc. then we just need to live with it. At the end of the day we will get almost perfect sims (if the wild ball returns that is!)) of dozens and dozens of tables using the FX3 technology, and if you need to lose a cigar, cleavage or two then so be it. It is still close enough to claim it is preserving pinball.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Screw the cigar. Let them concentrate on the physics first - we need the wild ball back!

I am all for having the original table as it should be, but if you listen to the podcast with Mel the Zen chap, you can fully understand the reason while they need to do a bit of tinkering. Like he said they will look it at a later date. If they can't change the table going forward to include the cigar, etc. then we just need to live with it. At the end of the day we will get almost perfect sims (if the wild ball returns that is!)) of dozens and dozens of tables using the FX3 technology, and if you need to lose a cigar, cleavage or two then so be it. It is still close enough to claim it is preserving pinball.

Well said.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

I am all for having the original table as it should be, but if you listen to the podcast with Mel the Zen chap, you can fully understand the reason why they need to do a bit of tinkering. Like he said they will look it at a later date. If they can't change the table going forward to include the cigar, etc. then we just need to live with it. At the end of the day we will get almost perfect sims (if the wild ball returns that is!)) of dozens and dozens of tables using the FX3 technology, and if you need to lose a cigar, cleavage or two then so be it. It is still close enough to claim it is preserving pinball.

Amen to that. There's always location pinball, provided one that's readily available and working.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I do like what they did with the ramps in this update. Definitely not as automatic anymore. Now if they can just tone down the nudging and bring back the wild ball, we'll be golden.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I hope the same attention is being paid toward the other 3 tables too. All the focus has been on Fish Tales for the obvious reason of it not being timed play. Medieval Madness has a lot of peculiarities that might only rear their head in unlimited play.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I hope the same attention is being paid toward the other 3 tables too. All the focus has been on Fish Tales for the obvious reason of it not being timed play. Medieval Madness has a lot of peculiarities that might only rear their head in unlimited play.

Been testing MM a bit and the ramps feel pretty realistic now. However, the castle shot no longer feels dangerous like it did before.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Been testing MM a bit and the ramps feel pretty realistic now. However, the castle shot no longer feels dangerous like it did before.

Isn't it supposed to be a bit dangerous even on the real table? I've seen some PAPA vids and thought I've seen starts where you would focus on the castle shots while in MB and going for Jackpots when you can.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Isn't it supposed to be a bit dangerous even on the real table? I've seen some PAPA vids and thought I've seen starts where you would focus on the castle shots while in MB and going for Jackpots when you can.

Yeah, that’s why I said “however”. The castle shot felt more realistic before this update. Now it feels tamed down and safer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.