1.13.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Just finished a 4 player game of SS and noticed that in the final screen for the scores it is does not show the score for player 4. Also the screen that shows between the players turns randomly shows or not. I had a number of turns where it just went to the next player without prompting for the next players turn.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Keep the bugs coming, I have been told to lock down and package it up but I am having Steven or Zack comb through here and compile a list for me when I get back. Glad we were able to address the more serious issues and then some =) Talk to you guys when I return!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Keep the bugs coming, I have been told to lock down and package it up but I am having Steven or Zack comb through here and compile a list for me when I get back. Glad we were able to address the more serious issues and then some =) Talk to you guys when I return!
Enjoy your time in Italy, Ryan!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I agree that the right outlane seems a bit on the vacuum side, but I find teh re-tuning far easier or at least more even :-/

This isn't to say that what you bring up about the exit from the bumpers isn't a valid point, I get quite a few really bad exits, consistently, from that section.

I was simply basing "easier" on my scores...first release i played on i busted out with a 4.5 million, and was pulling 3 - 4 million scores pretty regularly...now i'm lucky if i bust out of the hundreds of thousands. Though could be my inablity to adjust. The outlanes I can see are a bit hungry but the left one seems to be the bigger culprit on a real table. My bigger complaint is the roll down off that wall...just seems to be a terrible drain hazard, plunging is.

More nit picking: "Wet Willies" is not in the instructions. I was a bit baffled after activating it and not being able to find it in the in game instructions

http://pinball.org/rules/whitewater.html#WetWillies

the DMD shows a score of 425,110 in attract mode maybe 80% of the time. I don't see any other table show a score in the DMD during attract mode. IDK if this has any effect on anything at all. Starting a game starts at zero when there is a score during attract mode, so it's not a major issue, merely a nit pick.

I thought I was tripping out, but when the ball goes down the whirl pool or along the right ramp that drains from the upper play field, the lights from the whirlpool are shown as being above the ball when it is on the plastic ramp, and when it is in the whirlpool.

Pictures speak volumes:
IMG_20130410_232916.JPG

Great catch on that screenshot...I've seen this happen on a few tables usually on ramps with transparcies. I think the right most return on AFM has a slight instance of this too.

Have a great vacation Ryan, thanks for all the hard work put into this release.
At the end of the day, xAzathothx has it right. Despite the fact that I might seem to be griping and nit-picking the hell out of these tables, they really look and play wonderfully. Space Shuttle has stolen my soul almost.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
White Water - Ball passes clean through upheld left flipper.

Steps To Reproduce - shoot insanity falls, hold left flipper up and hold whilst ball is travelling down insanity falls, and if its a fast moving shot it passes straight through the flipper as if it was down.
Slower moving shots act as would be expected.

This was on an N7 unlocked stock rooted JB4.2.2 playing in landscape camera 2 with shake nudge enabled.

Frequency - Reproduced this several times now.

Edit - having killed TPA session, and restarted, It's no longer doing this. (the first time it started doing it was during 3 ball multiball - after that it was reproducible on a single ball until TPA session ended.)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
White Water - Ball passes clean through upheld left flipper.

Steps To Reproduce - shoot insanity falls, hold left flipper up and hold whilst ball is travelling down insanity falls, and if its a fast moving shot it passes straight through the flipper as if it was down.
Slower moving shots act as would be expected.

This was on an N7 unlocked stock rooted JB4.2.2 playing in landscape camera 2 with shake nudge enabled.

Frequency - Reproduced this several times now.

Edit - having killed TPA session, and restarted, It's no longer doing this. (the first time it started doing it was during 3 ball multiball - after that it was reproducible on a single ball until TPA session ended.)

I had this on the iOS version, but I could only get it to happen using the eyeball skin. Were you using the standard ball when this happened?

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
In space shuttle, isnt the plastic above ball locks supposed to be clear so you can see the ball (s) sitting in there and not white as they are now?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
In space shuttle, isnt the plastic above ball locks supposed to be clear so you can see the ball (s) sitting in there and not white as they are now?

Yep, those plastics should be transparent. As should the Pop Bumper plastics and the inlane returns as well, correct?

This is seen on tables with issues with the polygon count. Transparency is expensive on tables with Polygon count issues. I would suspect that space shuttle model could be the culprit here.

I would question this, because White Water has heaps of playfield plastics (I'm mostly referring to mountain range where the bigfoot is, and the Insanity Falls ramp. These seem to be much bigger transparency-wise than three small areas on Space Shuttle.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Yep, those plastics should be transparent. As should the Pop Bumper plastics and the inlane returns as well, correct?

This is seen on tables with issues with the polygon count. Transparency is expensive on tables with Polygon count issues. I would suspect that space shuttle model could be the culprit here.

I would question this, because White Water has heaps of playfield plastics (I'm mostly referring to mountain range where the bigfoot is, and the Insanity Falls ramp. These seem to be much bigger transparency-wise than three small areas on Space Shuttle.

I don't think it just related to GPU power, I think CPU plays a part in it too and maybe the emulation on System 9 takes more cycles?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Are the voice samples on whitewater as low quality on android as they are on ios? they are really poor on the ios version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts