1.15 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

Game over on TCP and WhWnd at the high screen has a noticeable stutter in the music.

*Details*

When you finish your game and the match animation finishes, there is a noticeable stutter in the attract sound as the scoreboards are checked (I presume). This is different to other tables where the attract music continues to play once the score earned is validated against the posted scores.

The music exhibits 4-5 noticeable pulses, before it plays normally.

Turns out that the whole emulation starts and stops during these 4-5 pauses. Noticed on the WhWnd AN display the lightning bold that plays directly after the match stops and starts as it scrolls over the display.

After

*Reproducible*

100% on the TF300T. On work Wi-Fi which is nice and fast. This is actually happening on all tables I've played so far. Older and new.

*Additional Info*

Ryan, after playing this a bit more, I think this is because the game over score menu is initiated before the match sequence is completed. Maybe get someone to check this part of the code on both new tables. I think Game Over is being called too early.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

Whirlwind has some unusual sound emulation issues.

*Description*

I think PinWiz touched on these as well, but I found some more.

When you lose a ball, the music continues to play during the bonus count but then stops abruptly (like it has been cut, rather than gracefully playing a "ball end" music sting like it does on this era of games). This should not happen. The bonus count shoud be devoid of music and only the bonus count-up sound effect should be playing.

A similar issue occurs during high score entry. The music just drops all together, which is unexpected behavior.

Another occurence is when you shoot a ball through the spinner. The spinner noise starts fast as it should, then it just gets slower and slow-er and s-l-o-w-e-r until it runs out. This is well after the ball has exited the loop and the bumpers. This should not happen.

Something is definitely up with the sound emulation in general on this table. I wonder if any other tables of this era are affected in game, or if it is just this particular table? Can anyone else confirm?

*Reproducible*

100% on the TF300T.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

Missing Alpha for all flashers on the two new tables.

*Description*

Where are the enviromental lighting effects for the flashers. They are missing in all new tables for this release. Will they be added in for the final GA, or will they remain out due to resource/performance issues identified during internal testing?

*Reproducible*

100% on the TF300T.

Last edited:
N

netizen

"Launch Ball" button on Champion Pub is invisible until the ball is actually launched -- just holding down a finger will launch the ball, and then it appears above the playfield view once the ball is in play.

Anybody else having problems with Championship Pub poker? The launch button doesn't do what it should...

The launch button is tied to the Right Flipper, when we need to have the launch button have separate action from the flipper.

This is a persistent issue that was made most apparent with the way that ST:TNG was programmed and set up. All tables that have push button launch should have the launch button functional at the plunge screen, with the flippers fully functional prior to launch.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
"Launch Ball" button on Champion Pub is invisible until the ball is actually launched -- just holding down a finger will launch the ball, and then it appears above the playfield view once the ball is in play.

Actually, I'll retract that. The button appears fine, IF you don't have the plunge camera in full-overhead view (camera #2.) I usually leave the camera at this height for plunging.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Whirlwind - getting top score put my initials in the high score table twice.

qute4ypy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Right after launching the table from the Season Two menu. I snagged a screenshot (click to embiggen):

Screenshot_2013-06-27-13-54-37 by mpclemens, on Flickr

Re-re-downloading the table fixed it. Must have a been a hiccup between beta uploads, since the text was there last night in 1.14. The Internet probably just sneezed. :)

ETA: In portrait mode, it had two "Cancel" buttons. In landscape, I see it had two "Buy Table" buttons.

This has happened again at least twice now. Working on reproducing it, but it appears to be connected to a change in orientation while the app is asleep, and then awakened. This is v1.14.1

ETA: it's almost certainly an orientation-change related bug. All games in the season lose their text once the bug is triggered. Stopping the task and restarting the app clears it up.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I also noticed on WW that once you lock two balls, multiball starts soon after you plunge the third ball. This is false - multiball shouldn't start until you put the third ball in the lock. When multiball starts, the voice sample "feel the power of the wind," should be followed by "here it comes!", and no music should play during this. Even the scripted PHOF version got these right. I wonder if this is truly emulated.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I also noticed on WW that once you lock two balls, multiball starts soon after you plunge the third ball. This is false - multiball shouldn't start until you put the third ball in the lock.

I've only had this happen once. The table is definitely emulated as there is access to the operators menu in pro mode.

To start quick multi ball, after locking the first ball, I did a soft plunge so the ball didn't hit any switches. I was able to trap, and shoot into the lock directly. That caused the entire table to freeze up for nearly a minute before the ball search began. Eventually I got both balls in play and the 2 ball multi ball mode started but the trough detection isn't happening, or something. It's like the mode state requires a switch to be hit on the table before the game recognizes that there is a ball in play :confused:

This is a very odd issue along with the other weird intermittent timing things that pop up here and there.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I also noticed on WW that once you lock two balls, multiball starts soon after you plunge the third ball. This is false - multiball shouldn't start until you put the third ball in the lock. When multiball starts, the voice sample "feel the power of the wind," should be followed by "here it comes!", and no music should play during this. Even the scripted PHOF version got these right. I wonder if this is truly emulated.

Something is definitely off with the emulation on this. See the other bugs I discovered as well regarding sounds.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Something is definitely off with the emulation on this. See the other bugs I discovered as well regarding sounds.

The sound issues have been identified and addressed. Hopefully Ryan can get this fix in before submission tomorrow as iOS/Kindle Fire/Mac will have to wait until the next update for the fix to be implemented.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The sound issues have been identified and addressed. Hopefully Ryan can get this fix in before submission tomorrow as iOS/Kindle Fire/Mac will have to wait until the next update for the fix to be implemented.

Thanks for confirming PinWiz. I know Ryan is up against it this month.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Can also confirm animation and sound stuttering at end of game animations and highscore table displaying in both new tables.
Game also crashes/stalls if the device is rotated mid-game. Same problem with last table pack. The previous ones are much more stable in that regard.

Samsung galaxy s3

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Stuttering on end of games on the new tables with me too, I'll try out the other tables to see if it's only them.

and I'm playing on a rooted Nexus 7

N

netizen

Stuttering on end of games on the new tables with me too, I'll try out the other tables to see if it's only them.

I got stuttering at the end of PB and Taxi as well as WW and Champ Pub. Yesterday I thought it was just my Wi-Fi being dodgy, but it seems to be an issue in this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online