Android 1.8.0 and Tournament: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
This has only just shown up for me on my 8" ARCHOS TABLET it worked fine for me in the previous build.

Agreed, last build was fine in portrait orientation on my 10.1 inch - 1920x1200 pixel resolution TF700...

BTW, I sent in formal bug reports to Farsight support but listed here for confirmation.

I'm working my way through the tables, but it's really hard because Twilight Zone is such a gas to play.

Kudos Farsight for this TPA build!

Last edited:

Danieru_X

Sep 24, 2012
I still to this day have frame rate drops on my galaxy note 1. I even updated my phone to the latest firmware. I tried moving the wpp to the sd card and the frame rate is faster when the error occurs but it still happens. Bought twilight zone anyway to support you guys but just hope one day it magically fixes itself..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
When you plunge the ball, the plunger tip should not be visible in the plunge scale. The tip on the plunger should be partially obscured by the top of the plunger guide.

This isn't just an issue on TZ, the issue is also on Taxi, and other plunger titles.

As it stands now, the ball drops back against the ball rest with what would be about 3 - 5 cm of gap between the plunger tip and the ball.

I suppose it doesn't matter to the physical model, since the plunger seems able to plunge the ball by spooky action-at-a-distance no matter where it is in the plunger lane.

(I assume this is intentional, to make it easier to plunge the ball even if it's falling back after a failed plunge. I recall the Broderbund Royal Flush sim was more realistic about this, and releasing the plunger while the ball was rolling midway up the lane did nothing, which could be frustrating if you were in an impatient mood.)

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) and ASUS Nexus 7

OS: Android 4.2.1 (Build JOP40D) via "Paranoid Android 2.99.6" Custom ROM (also affected on stock softwares for both devices)

TABLE AFFECTED: Twilight Zone

ISSUE: Game not recognizing Powerball in plunger

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: (1.) Free Powerball from gumball machine. (2.) Drain powerball. (3.) Continue draining balls until powerball comes into plunger.

FREQUENCY: Every time the powerball ends up in the plunger.

ADDITIONAL INFO: The game allows you to plunge and play this as a normal ball. It even allowed me to "Battle The Power" although with a ceramic ball the magnetic flippers don't work. Lock it or lose it, it'll give you a normal ball back like nothing happened.

This seems to have been reported earlier by someone else (sorry its a pain to scroll up on a cell phone) mentioning the trough sensor.

Last edited:

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012

OS: Android 4.2.1 (Build JOP40D) via "Paranoid Android 2.99.6" Custom ROM (also affected on stock softwares for both devices)

ISSUE: Inaccurate table layout

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Part of the core table, always visible.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Here's a pair of pictures illustrating what i'm talking about. There's an extra wall in the jets...

tz_extrawall1.jpg

And here's what its supposed to look like:
tz_poparea.jpg

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That barrier is an optional component included in the coin box of late-model TZs. Early-model tables (FarSight's TZ is one) had the barrier installed by default.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
That barrier is an optional component included in the coin box of late-model TZs. Early-model tables (FarSight's TZ is one) had the barrier installed by default.

Ah okay. That one i didn't know because every real tz I've played had it removed. It does make the jets easier to deal with, only reason i mentioned it is the pro tips mention staying out of the jets because of the direct out lane feed.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Ah okay. That one i didn't know because every real tz I've played had it removed. It does make the jets easier to deal with, only reason i mentioned it is the pro tips mention staying out of the jets because of the direct out lane feed.
Yeah, it is kind of paradoxical. I can only assume FarSight asked the pros "how do you approach TZ?" without specifying that the barrier was installed (which I doubt is ever installed in machines being used in real tournament play).

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
To me, it would make more sense to remove the barrier as I'm sure I'm not the only one that's going "wth? that's not supposed to be there..."

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

ISSUE: Game not recognizing Powerball in plunger

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: (1.) Free Powerball from gumball machine. (2.) Drain powerball. (3.) Continue draining balls until powerball comes into plunger.

FREQUENCY: Every time the powerball ends up in the plunger.

ADDITIONAL INFO: The game allows you to plunge and play this as a normal ball. It even allowed me to "Battle The Power" although with a ceramic ball the magnetic flippers don't work. Lock it or lose it, it'll give you a normal ball back like nothing happened.

This seems to have been reported earlier by someone else (sorry its a pain to scroll up on a cell phone) mentioning the trough sensor.

Yep, that was me. I reported this back in the TZ beta thread. I haven't had this happen to me for a while, so I'm glad you were able to reproduce.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Yep, that was me. I reported this back in the TZ beta thread. I haven't had this happen to me for a while, so I'm glad you were able to reproduce.

I've seen it too. I saw it reported for the specific case where the Powerball ends up at the plunger after Lost In The Zone, but I think it's general: detection of the Powerball when it goes from the trough to the plunger does not work, or does not always work.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
To me, it would make more sense to remove the barrier as I'm sure I'm not the only one that's going "wth? that's not supposed to be there..."

I think taking out that barrier would go a long way toward increasing the difficulty of the game to what people are expecting. I'm sure it'd also generate protest of the "this table is no longer fun" variety, though, much as when the outlanes got hungrier on Cirqus Voltaire.

legolasdetyr

May 2, 2012
Hi, just started playing TZ a couple of days ago and I have been having a very annoying issue. From time to time the game just doesn't register when I hit the flippers. It's never happened before to me on the other tables, and it is very annoying. It has only happened during busy momments, and it made Lost in the Zone mode almost unplayable. I mean, the more balls there are on screen the more chances for the flippers to not work... Am I the only one experiencing this??? I'm playing on a Nexus 7. Thanks a lot!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi, just started playing TZ a couple of days ago and I have been having a very annoying issue. From time to time the game just doesn't register when I hit the flippers. It's never happened before to me on the other tables, and it is very annoying. It has only happened during busy momments, and it made Lost in the Zone mode almost unplayable. I mean, the more balls there are on screen the more chances for the flippers to not work... Am I the only one experiencing this??? I'm playing on a Nexus 7. Thanks a lot!

I've had dead flippers on the TF300T as well. I put it down to the fact I was playing with a Wii controller and it was a Bluetooth issue.

Are you saying that this happens when playing with the touch screen?

Note that you and I both have Tegra and ASUS devices. Could this be a key factor?

Screen driver issue?

legolasdetyr

May 2, 2012
It happens with the touch screen. I'm surprised I haven't seen this issue reported by anyone else... It happens during powerball or during lost in the zone... Its like a second where the flippers become dead... It doesnt happen at all during the rest of the game. Just in those two modes....

legolasdetyr

May 2, 2012
Have you managed to try it during Lost in the Zone???? In that case I guess the problem is just on my end....

N

Nik Barbour

It happens with the touch screen. I'm surprised I haven't seen this issue reported by anyone else... It happens during powerball or during lost in the zone... Its like a second where the flippers become dead... It doesnt happen at all during the rest of the game. Just in those two modes....

Is it not just slow down due to system demand with the 6 LITZ balls? Can't explain for the Powerball though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.