Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

Funhouse's lcd hud is extremely expensive cpu wise, I think they are looking into optimizing. As far as slight lag in all tables...unless your hardware can handle the new filter nothing really changed that would effect it... are you using HTC Desire S?

Yeah HTC desire s. But not stock.
All was good in 1.0.7 even Funhouse, but now 1.0.8 have slight lag in all tables, worst of which is Funhouse.
Over clock doesn't help.
Thanks

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Not sure if it's a bug or my phone (Droid Charge), but the music on MB seems to soften some of the time during gameplay where I can hear the sound effects a lot louder than the music. Anyone else experience this?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As far as gorgar, one thing to note is that this table is not emulated, it could very well be a bug in the scripting.

Is the ROM on Black Hole now fully emulated or did you guys just do some re-scripting? Also, will these older tables ever have full ROM emulation implemented?

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Do me a favor, DL this https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yZWFsdGVjaHZyLmdsdmlldyJd and let me know if you see an extension for anisotropic filtering. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause the lag, I made no optimization passes. If this is the case fear not we will add a way to turn it off.

Yeah there is an extension there for anisotropic filtering.

Edit: Higher texture resolution is active on my phone (I know it sounds daft but - isn't easy to tell due to screen size) but playfield is a lot clearer especially when camera unlocked and zoomed in.
Could do with a switch in options - High Res On/Off.

Thanks for your help on this!

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Funhouse's lcd hud is extremely expensive cpu wise, I think they are looking into optimizing. As far as slight lag in all tables...unless your hardware can handle the new filter nothing really changed that would effect it... are you using HTC Desire S?
That would be great, because Funhouse still lags out here. I've only had the update since this morning, and it's been a real busy day, but the few minutes I spent on Funhouse were about as bad as 1.0.7. Bride of Pinbot is still skittish as well. No performance issue on the two new tables.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Is the ROM on Black Hole now fully emulated or did you guys just do some re-scripting? Also, will these older tables ever have full ROM emulation implemented?

I'd like to know this as well. I thought that the big thing of TPA's tables over the ones in PHOF was not only improved physics, but the emulation too.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
On Gorgar, I notice a few imperfections:

- The number 1 shows using the left segments instead of the right
- The actual digits are projected a little to the left compared to the segments, most noticable on the left digits (and on a tablet ;)
- The flippers do not seem to turn around their normal turning point, instead they seem to turn around the top (also present in TOTAN)
- Viewing angle 1 is different than on other tables (flippers are much bigger than lets say BoP)
- Camera also moves more vigorously than in other tables
- The PLAYER:1 is more italic than the digits in the display below :)

Last edited:

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
I am trying to track down the billing problem now, any more info you guys can give would be great (and thanks for all the info so far, its a big help). Was this always happening to you guys?

Come to think about it, as I purchased the DLC on my phone the app crashed, perhaps related? Immediately restarting on the phone allowed me to play, but I ended up having to uninstall, then reinstall on the tablet.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Gorgar slap save

I am experiencing a problem doing slap saves on Gorgar. Quite often when doing this, the ball just goes through the second flipper rather than the flipper hitting the ball. I have occasionally seen this on other tables but not to the same extent.

This is on my Asus Transformer TF101 by the way in case that's relevant.

adenosine

Apr 29, 2012
I know this seems rather trivial, but I still get an action overflow button when running this game, despite the fact it doesn't need an action for the menu key on any screen. Hitting the action overflow area instead of the flippers is really annoying. It should go away as long as the android:targetSdkVersion in AndroidManifest.xml is 14 or higher. I realize that testing it against the new target would be a bit painful, but the action overflow button is a bit painful as well.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Come to think about it, as I purchased the DLC on my phone the app crashed, perhaps related? Immediately restarting on the phone allowed me to play, but I ended up having to uninstall, then reinstall on the tablet.

Just discovered that while uninstalling/reinstalling solved the problem for the new DLC pack, I now instead get the same problem for DLC pack 1. :(

Last edited:

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
Just discovered that while uninstalling/reinstalling solved the problem for the new DLC pack, I now instead get the same problem for DLC pack 1. :(

Hmm... when you first open the program after installing it and it presents the restoring transactions... let it sit for a few minutes and allow that store/app to sync up. Don't open any tables or close the program. At least for me on Transformer Prime/GalaxyS2 that resolves the issue. Hope that helps. You can also go to apps, select TPA, then hit clear cache, then clear data (this will force the program to restore transactions again).

FYI for android users... you can backup the tables to save data if you want... under SDcard > android > data > com.farsight.* > files. This houses all the tables. Backup as needed. This helps me because when I flash new roms I don't want to be re-downloading tables everytime.

N

Nik Barbour

Getting 50% of the time, force close error when logging into Facebook since 1.0.8.

lazymantech: nice tip on the data backup - I'm going to try to extract my 1.0.7 data from my titanium backup, and put it into my clean 1.0.8 download. Thanks!

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
Getting 50% of the time, force close error when logging into Facebook since 1.0.8.

lazymantech: nice tip on the data backup - I'm going to try to extract my 1.0.7 data from my titanium backup, and put it into my clean 1.0.8 download. Thanks!

Right on... ya you can also backup the APK in data > app... Hmm no facebook force closes on my end yet. Did you try a fresh install or just an upgrade. Anytime there is a new update I like to do a fresh install because sometimes things get wonky on the upgrade. Trying to figure out if a file stores the local high scores. I see a saved_data file under data>data>com.farsight.*>files. I will have to investigate.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Did a fresh install yesterday.
Just put the save file back out of previous backup - worked a treat - all wizard goals restored!
Thanks again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hmm, subtle are the ways of Gorgar. I've always admired his man-about-town savoir-faire. Hard to say what was happening in my case.

Another thing I noticed was that, as with earlier versions, I seemed to have to force-quit and restart the game before it noticed that I'd actually bought the DLC pack.

I didn't have to force quit when I purchased the DLC on the TF300T. TPA just force-closed on me, so after restarting the game the DLC was ready to rock.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Not sure if it's a bug or my phone (Droid Charge), but the music on MB seems to soften some of the time during gameplay where I can hear the sound effects a lot louder than the music. Anyone else experience this?

Yep, and this also happens on other games like CV and BoP. All you can hear are the mechanical SFX and the environmental effects like ball rolling noise. Until you hit a scoop that changes the music, or restarts the tune. It's almost like hitting a scoop resets the music and fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.