Apple Delay Frustration (Derailed by Driveway Cheese after Post # 81)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
:)What's up Tiger! Just pissed and venting from Apple holding back Fridays FarSight release. I went for a S3 refund. I don't really trust Apple now. I never bought a season upfront but it's a bad experience. I'am excited to play BR it looks fun. How is your mini pin doing?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Technically, the release order has always been Android->iOS/Mac->PS3. It's only lately has FarSight actually have enough foresight to give Apple a build about two weeks before release so they can do simultaneous releases (you can delay your release after approval to meet a release date so you don't have to release immediately).

Or, the proper release order is Android/PC->iOS->PS4 [Xbone]->PS3->[Xbox 360]. The brackets are pure speculative guesses based on estimated release times - Google and Steam release immediately (it's hard to get into the Steam store, but once you're in, updates are free and fast). Apple typically takes 7-14 days to approve, though you should budget more because no app makes it through the first time. Sony (and Microsoft) has pledged 2-weeks for indie games. PS3 is later as it has to go through a more intensive release test process, and Xbox360, well, whenever that happens.

Though if some rumors are correct, we may see Android/PC/PS4/Xbone/(iOS)->(iOS)->PS3 as the release chain.

And yes, I've been through the iOS released-a-week-later thing. Of course, I too was a victim of the 5.1 bug that basically neutered TPA for a weekend. Imagine how that was - you download your shiny new build, and it crashes (I think it happened during season 2), and nobody at Farsight is able to recover it until the following Monday. (This was when iOS6 is the current, and it crashed on iOS 5.1. Apple only tests on latest).

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I heard Apple was not clear about the season 3 pass we bought last month. So the apple idiots are holding the release we paid for back in December. So I'am waiting for Apple now to refund my $30. The issue is not when or what order it gets released its that Apple got the BR copy but until they get more clarity about the pass we bought last month they will not release it.
That pisses me off so I requested a refund now $4.99 is still more than worth TPA table price individually in Season 3.
I have no issue with FarSight it's the morons at Apple not understanding we have already bought the S3 pass.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
This may not be a popular thing to say (and this comes from a enthusiastic Season 3 Pass holder): but when you look at it from Apple's perspective, it kind of makes sense not to be very happy with prepaid content, even if they did allow it earlier/elsewhere, or even if they led Farsight falsely on that they were ok with it. We all know Farsight is to be trusted, but in other cases, this kind of prepaid thing could be exploited by villainous minds, leaving Apple with the headache of dealing with refunds (as I understand the process of app-buying and the role Apple has as the "store", but correct me if I'm wrong). If the product is already there, things are offcourse much clearer. Looking at it in another way: in a worst-case scenario, Farsight could go bankrupt, and how do we proceed from there as customers? Is Apple going to reimburse everybody? Are they legally obliged to do so? In my country the store that sells you things is responsible for the product, not the manufacturer, unless the store specifies this clearly (hence the disclaimers on the products). When I bought the Season Pass, I sure didn't read any small print (was there any? I don't recollect) pertaining to aforementioned point as I would blindly buy every pinball table Farsight throws my way, but this whole hiccup got me thinking. Nevertheless, I'm going to sit tight and wait for a positive outcome as promised by Farsight, but to each his own I say.

open6l

Aug 5, 2013
Yep. I'm sure the ones crying foul with Apple would be singing a different tune if there was a situation where FS shut down. Who then would refund everyone's money? Apple? Personally I don't believe in the season pass at all. I've purchased every table individually albeit at a higher price point. It's like a read earlier - the season's pass almost makes it sound like a 'kickstarter'. Paying in full advance for something that isn't even done yet on a promise.

This may not be a popular thing to say (and this comes from a enthusiastic Season 3 Pass holder): but when you look at it from Apple's perspective, it kind of makes sense not to be very happy with prepaid content, even if they did allow it earlier/elsewhere, or even if they led Farsight falsely on that they were ok with it. We all know Farsight is to be trusted, but in other cases, this kind of prepaid thing could be exploited by villainous minds, leaving Apple with the headache of dealing with refunds (as I understand the process of app-buying and the role Apple has as the "store", but correct me if I'm wrong). If the product is already there, things are offcourse much clearer. Looking at it in another way: in a worst-case scenario, Farsight could go bankrupt, and how do we proceed from there as customers? Is Apple going to reimburse everybody? Are they legally obliged to do so? In my country the store that sells you things is responsible for the product, not the manufacturer, unless the store specifies this clearly (hence the disclaimers on the products). When I bought the Season Pass, I sure didn't read any small print (was there any? I don't recollect) pertaining to aforementioned point as I would blindly buy every pinball table Farsight throws my way, but this whole hiccup got me thinking. Nevertheless, I'm going to sit tight and wait for a positive outcome as promised by Farsight, but to each his own I say.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
these comparisons are fooking silly, anynfor example buy magazine subcriptions?

alright im banning evening checking the forum for now heh

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
These complaints as usual are just plain silly. Asking refunds....really? I honestly feel the PA community is one of the whiniest group of babies I have ever been a part of. I wouldn't blame FarSight to just pack it in and go another direction, it's that bad. Look, Apple had some questions and it will get sorted out in a few days. It's not a big deal. Telltale has a season pass for "The Walking Dead" games on all platforms including iOS so just a misunderstanding.

Dec 7, 2013
Well that's all she wrote. Time to hit the bar with Xbox 360 owners. Pack it up, nothing to see here, get some bulldozer turn this place into a %#^%ing parking lot. Back up the truck Vaugn, BACK IT UP.

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
Isn't there a way FarSight could just ignore the whole Crapple Joke and let us download it directly from them?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
These complaints as usual are just plain silly. Asking refunds....really? I honestly feel the PA community is one of the whiniest group of babies I have ever been a part of. I wouldn't blame FarSight to just pack it in and go another direction, it's that bad. Look, Apple had some questions and it will get sorted out in a few days. It's not a big deal. Telltale has a season pass for "The Walking Dead" games on all platforms including iOS so just a misunderstanding.

+100

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Just sit back and let them work it out. It will be over before you know it. Surely you have something else to play with, just remember to wash your hands.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Just sit back and let them work it out. It will be over before you know it. Surely you have something else to play with, just remember to wash your hands.

But they might go blind and then they can become more like Tommy. Now how can they become deaf and dumb?

night

May 18, 2012

^
What he says. I could not agree more, Apple is protecting it's customers. I have no doubt that FarSight will deliver what they promise, but there could be zillion app builders out there who might abuse such a construction to get money from users. It is a policy standard with no exception to the rule.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Some (not all) of the last few posts have gotten close enough to the line separating opinion from attacks/trolling that I've had to read them two or three times to decide that they can stay. I realize it's a frustration thread and that people are going to vent, but please do so civilly, folks.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
When I bought the Season Pass, I sure didn't read any small print (was there any? I don't recollect) pertaining to aforementioned point as I would blindly buy every pinball table Farsight throws my way, but this whole hiccup got me thinking. Nevertheless, I'm going to sit tight and wait for a positive outcome as promised by Farsight, but to each his own I say.
I have a feeling now that this whole Season Pass is being scrutinized, maybe it will remain intact along with the individual table purchases with the addition of some sort of a disclaimer (fine print, but required reading) stating that even though one purchased the Season Pass, that the purchaser would in no way be guaranteed it's full content. Most people here realize that no guaranteed content is one of the disadvantages in purchasing a Season Pass, especially since the majority of the tables are not completed, nor even decided upon...you take your chances and are responsible for your own actions.

I thought about buying the Season Pass for Season 3 when it was released but decided against it precisely because there *is* no guarantee.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I am just mad that I am stuck waiting for my oil change and no black rose to play. I guess I am going to have to deal with my other 40 tables.

Dec 7, 2013
Some (not all) of the last few posts have gotten close enough to the line separating opinion from attacks/trolling that I've had to read them two or three times to decide that they can stay. I realize it's a frustration thread and that people are going to vent, but please do so civilly, folks.

Trolling is intentionally derailing discussion, intentially pushing buttons, saying something crazy/uninformed on purpose to do the latter, or saying something crazy/uninformed because the person just doesn't know any better. Or just being a prick to someone for no reason according to google: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

Saying it's time to pack it up, bulldoze the game, and get drinks with the 360 crowd is clearly a joke, maybe not a good one maybe I suck at humor, but if you have to read it more than once to figure it out, I'm kinda pondering your mod cred. A troll would be if I was being serious. It was meant as pure hyperbole and sarcasm and I thought referencing Major League would make that clear.

Apologies if you weren't singling me out, but I read the thread and besides some outright angry and frustrated folks, I couldn't find anything that reads like trolling and/or attacks really.

I mean the thread is titled "Apple -frustration-" so letting people vent here is kinda the point.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
One option is for FS to drop Season 3 passes across all platforms and sell Pro tables for $3.99. All current Season 3 purchases will be valid (if allowed) but they will no longer sell them going forward. Also no more standard/pro choices..

I think this would be a good solution and work across all platforms..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts