April TotM Groupings and Results

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'm done as well. Only played one game of BK2K but scored decently. Damn that table gets boring.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
First game of WW finished, 3.2b. Maxed out whirlpool. Got multiball and 5x going but only 1 jackpot. Drained two balls on wet willys.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Really weird games tonight.

WW was a mess, worse than I expected
BK2K the first game a desaster, the second game good - nothing special, but better than I thought
ToM the first game ok, the second on really good, although the first 2 balls were bad. In the end I had to plunge 3 extra balls, which really hurt. Probably the best table for me in this tournament
In both games of BoP the first to balls were almost like insta-drains, but the third ball saved it

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Ahhhhh.....F...iddlesticks. I meant to play this morning, and got sidetracked with trying to get stuff in before the weather. And now I'm about to head out.

Sorry...I'll do better next month.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
First game of WW finished, 3.2b. Maxed out whirlpool. Got multiball and 5x going but only 1 jackpot. Drained two balls on wet willys.
You realize 5x only applies to the 1x Jackpot? Not really worth the hassle since multiple 3x jackpots stack up nicely.

Best time for 5x scoring is Wet Willies or Bigfoot Hotfoot.

Still nice scores both a lot better than mine glad I wasn't in your group!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I should have taken a break after WH20 and BK2K. Didn't do well but was at least over half of what my high scores for the table. I started playing ToM and BoP and had chili rellenos on my mind. I had a poor score on ToM and my BoP game was a crying shame, only 13 Million +.

I consoled myself with a couple of chili rellenos, a couple of tacos and a margarita. I be a happy camper now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not happy at all with my scores. I don't mind how I did on BK2000, as it was half my best, but obviously I got to us EB's for that. BoP ticked me off as I only had billion pop up once on the big wheel. Fortunately I grabbed it, but still. White Water was shameful, and ToM is outright laughable what I scored. Interestingly enough, my first game was always better than my second, except for WW.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
You realize 5x only applies to the 1x Jackpot? Not really worth the hassle since multiple 3x jackpots stack up nicely.

Best time for 5x scoring is Wet Willies or Bigfoot Hotfoot.

Still nice scores both a lot better than mine glad I wasn't in your group!

Oh ok I can never figure out how the hell that 5x multiball works. I got it on a real pin and made the three jackpot shots but my score wasn't good I thought it was because of the pin being in tournament mode. I should pay more attention in TPA.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
one thing I noticed while playing jesus2000k was that when I had to plunge away my eb, that my bonus hold over went away. I couldn't help thinking about dart vader...nooooooOOOOOOO.

anyways, had alotta fun.. and thanks xninja for the consolation prize.

invitro

May 4, 2012
My scores:

WWater - 715,251,280 (22 min). Not too good, but I need EBs to score on this. I have been thinking about this nothing-but Whirlpool Challenge thing and I am not good enough to have it matter. I maxed it twice in this game. I think my rolling shot to the lock is like 70%, not nearly good enough. Got Five Times the Fun right before MB and a couple jackpots.

ToM - 1,100,128,370 (16 min). It was mad at me today. I've been playing Season 4 tables lots, and when I played this it felt like gravity had been reversed. Such bouncy! I had decided that I would do nothing but multiball and Vanish... but couldn't hit the center ramp and didn't decide to hit the right ramp for M-A-G-I-C letters until too late. A funny thing about this table to me is that the center ramp is *much* easier in real life than the right ramp, like night and day, but in TPA, the right ramp is easier. For me anyway. A rolling shot to the center ramp is nearly impossible. The same thing happens on Cyclone. Maybe rolling short-flipper shots are unduly hard in TPA?

BK2K - 29,011,660 (38 min). Very happy with this, it's on the pace of my all-time high. Got RANSOM. I don't go for Double Knights so none of that. Like 3 or 4 MBs though. Got I think the 6-loop EB and spent MUCH time plunging EBs. I want to go back to this table and try to improve my high score. Maybe I can figure out DKC but that shot scares me so much I'd rather stay on the upper playfield.

BoP - 7,532,078,110 (53 min). Happy with this too, I wanted the 8th Billion and then to try for Backdoor, which I've never done. Spent so much time plunging EBs.

Back to BK2K or Jack*Bot / TPZ / PotO. Good luck folks!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Thanks for posting scores and/or game descriptions, I like reading them. Here's a rundown of posted scores so far:

WWater:
switch3flip 3200M
pinballwiz45b (A) 2176M
invitro (A) 715M
Johni3w6 (A) 638M
Captain B. Zarre (A) 625M
jaredmorgs (A) 407M
superdan 264M
DarkMatt 116M

ToM:
jaredmorgs (A) 3245M
Captain B. Zarre (A) 2200M
superdan 2100M
pinballwiz45b (A) 1259M
invitro (A) 1100M
DarkMatt 651M
Johni3w6 (A) 391M

BK2K:
invitro (A) 29.0M
DarkMatt 15.0M
pinballwiz45b (A) 11.0M
Captain B. Zarre (A) 10.0M
Johni3w6 (A) 9.6M
jaredmorgs (A) 6.8M
superdan 3.9M

BoP:
Gus (A) 11B
Captain B. Zarre (A) 8B
invitro (A) 7.5B
pinballwiz45b (A) 5.3B
superdan 3.2B
jaredmorgs (A) 1.2B
DarkMatt 1.0B
Johni3w6 (A) 47M

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I've decided right now that switch3glip is awesome. We are friends now, as decided by me right now. And good talking to you noid. And hairy tic (I still feel like that's a fuzzy clock). I'm drunk. Peace

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Jesus Christ 2000 had me swearing up a storm. It is now named Jesus christ 2000 because you'll be saying Jesus Christ 2000 times while playing

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Ok I'm finished. Seeing other scores I'd say I did pretty well except may that frigid Bride burn in hell for all eternity. Missed 2 billionaire shots. Oh well. Better luck next time. Well played again Gus, 11b was awesome. I wasn't even close anyway. 3.2b

WW second game went better than first. Completed wet willys twice, one or two vacation jacks, two multiballs, 4 whirlpool multiballs. But none as good as first game whirlpool, didn't grind enough after maxing out. 4.6b.

BK2000 I played on my phone. I have the shots better there I think. Tried to stay on top level most I could, grinding loops and what have you. And nudging for WAR letters and collecting the countdown rewards without stressing too much. Got a couple multiballs and managed to jackpot every one but one. One double knights that drained instantly. Drained one ball going for it and one went straight through and one was rejected. I told myself not to go for it at all before game, but hard to resist when ball is on left flipper. 20m. Could have done better but still happy. Invitro schooled me here.
I had great luck in the group drawings last month. Not so much this time.

My ToM game was my best. It was the only table I actively practised for 3ball strategies before tourney, but it sure didn't go as well in practice as in tourney. I completed Grand Finale. Not far away from a second completion even. I went for multiballs mainly, and most went well. I tried to get that captive ball to advance clock after locks. And lots of theatre letter grinding, which gave lots of captive balls in between. And bonus multipliers. Had couple tiger multiballs, and they all went pretty good, advanced clock through them as well. Midnight Madness was last for getting to Grand Finale, somehow I had completed all illusions and 4 more when I got to grand finale, so I when I got midnight madness I started grand finale and made most letters combined with the clock awards. But it was third ball so I was pretty nervous. Bonus was almost 900m. Final score was 6.3b. Not bad for a 3 ball game. Thank you outlane magnets.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.