Balls

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Ok can anyone tell me if the Star Trek balls are any good? I already know the comments made on the TZ ball and can anyone at all clarify why I didn't get the eyeball ball? Sorry I am into balls...of steel. Had to clarify that there I can see the jokes coming light years away. Thanks for any info? Mayhaps PIN WIZ can shed some info on this? :)

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
There are 3 ST balls: Borg, Federation, Klingon. The Borg ball is grey with a patchwork surface, looks kind of like the Borg sphere from the movie ST: First Contact. The Federation ball is solid blue, with the white circular Fed emblem. The Klingon ball is solid red, with a white & black Klingon emblem on it.

Nice set, worth getting.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There are 3 ST balls: Borg, Federation, Klingon. The Borg ball is grey with a patchwork surface, looks kind of like the Borg sphere from the movie ST: First Contact. The Federation ball is solid blue, with the white circular Fed emblem. The Klingon ball is solid red, with a white & black Klingon emblem on it.

Nice set, worth getting.

Wait, you get 3 for the price of 1?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Wait, you get 3 for the price of 1?

Pretty good deal, if you ask me. To be honest, I bought all the custom ball packs at the same time, so I'm not sure which custom ball came with which pack.

As far as I recall, it was an eyeball in one pack, the TZ stripy ball in one pack, and the three ST balls in one pack.

I later wound up winning the TZ and ST packs in a tourney anyway.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Thanks for the salty balls jokes! And thanks Fungii I will definitely get this set. But what to do with one extra ball? :) PW said he's looking into it and will keep me posted.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
can anyone at all clarify why I didn't get the eyeball ball?
I didn't get it either. I'm having a feeling that it's tied to the DLC. For example, you might need to buy the Twilight Zone and Star Trek custom ball packs for it to appear.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wouldn't think it would be tied to DLC. If you were in the what was it top 200 in the tourney you're supposed to have gotten the eyeball. If you qualified but don't have the eyeball as a selectable custom ball in game (make sure you check!), then you should try contacting FarSight.

Errr hey wait didn't you just say in another thread that you lost your old PSN account and just had to get a new one? FS would have credited the reward to whichever account you used while playing in the tournament.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I wouldn't think it would be tied to DLC. If you were in the what was it top 200 in the tourney you're supposed to have gotten the eyeball.
Some people are reporting that they got the eyeball and they didn't even participated in the tournament, so something is up here.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Ok can anyone tell me if the Star Trek balls are any good? I already know the comments made on the TZ ball and can anyone at all clarify why I didn't get the eyeball ball? Sorry I am into balls...of steel. Had to clarify that there I can see the jokes coming light years away. Thanks for any info? Mayhaps PIN WIZ can shed some info on this? :)

The eyeball just showed up for me after the 2.13 update. I did placed well enough in the tournament to win it, but I have no idea why it wouldn't be showing up for others that placed well enough also. I did respond to the "Which region are you in?" question pretty quickly when FS asked via PM on PSN.

For the Star Trek balls I think the Borg ball looks pretty good in play. Its kind of like a regular ball with etchings on it and a little bit of a green tint. It seems to me help negate some of the reflectiveness of the ball, which to me is a good thing. The other two balls are kind of awkward looking..

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Most of the custom balls just look goofy because the texture mapping is all warped, and they still have all the reflective properties of the standard silver ball, so it's hard to see any underlying color. If they want to sell these things you'd think they'd get that worked out. Until they do, getting one doesn't really matter because it doesn't look like much. The one I've seen that somehow came out well is the TZ one. The ST:TNG ones and the eyeball did not come out well.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
preview

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9Ybrl5wJADeUGkwbWdsUC1GSm8/preview

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.