Balls

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just got my message from FS telling me about the balls I got 2 weeks ago :p and that googly eyed bride <---(say that 3x fast) is AWESOME!

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
Hmmmm, this is strange... I purchased both the TZ ball & the ST:TNG ball pack, DL'd 'em to my PS3, and was surprised with the eyeball as well. However, when I transferred the Vita versions to my PSV, I got the TZ ball & the ST:TNG ball pack, but no eyeball... Any ideas?

EDIT: I think that I'll try DL'ing the Vita stuff directly to my PSV, & bypass the PS3 altogether to see if that'll change anything... I'll report back shortly.

Last edited:

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
Hmmmm, this is strange... I purchased both the TZ ball & the ST:TNG ball pack, DL'd 'em to my PS3, and was surprised with the eyeball as well. However, when I transferred the Vita versions to my PSV, I got the TZ ball & the ST:TNG ball pack, but no eyeball... Any ideas?

EDIT: I think that I'll try DL'ing the Vita stuff directly to my PSV, & bypass the PS3 altogether to see if that'll change anything... I'll report back shortly.

Nope; no go. :/

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Anyone know why the Season Two Custom Ball pack is unavailable for purchase? Do you have to have bought the season pass in order to qualify for it or something?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Anyone know why the Season Two Custom Ball pack is unavailable for purchase? Do you have to have bought the season pass in order to qualify for it or something?
I've got all the balls, I think. Honestly, the season pack balls aren't that great compared to the other custom ball packs. Also nice necrobump! :rolleyes:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I can't buy it on PS Vita either, it literally just says unavailable, and when it was first released, I'm pretty sure that it stipulated that you had to own the season two pass.

Well, it was either that, or create an entirely unnecessary new thread, which would you rather?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I can't buy it on PS Vita either, it literally just says unavailable, and when it was first released, I'm pretty sure that it stipulated that you had to own the season two pass.

Well, it was either that, or create an entirely unnecessary new thread, which would you rather?
It's cool dude. I don't usually bump threads unless there's new relavent information, but I actually think it's kinda fun to get notifications of bumps of old threads in my inbox.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
No worries. The weird thing is. The season two balls are available on Xbox One, but it's insane that they're all £3.19, be that for a single Eyeball or Twilight Zone ball, three Star Trek or T2 balls, or an entire seasons worth of balls.

And yet the T2 balls are only 79p on PSN.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
No worries. The weird thing is. The season two balls are available on Xbox One, but it's insane that they're all £3.19, be that for a single Eyeball or Twilight Zone ball, three Star Trek or T2 balls, or an entire seasons worth of balls.

The eyball was like 99 US cents here. Although I bought all the ball packs, the eyeball is my favorite as I use it on almost all the spooky themed tables. Especially Bride of Pinbot, looks so cool when you drop the eyeballs into the sockets!

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Haha, I'll have to try that! I find it a good fit on the Elvira and Monster Bash tables.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The eyeball also has good contrast making it highly visible on most tables. Depending on the table and the lighting, many of the ball designs look cool but are hard to see on certain tables. I wish they had a white one.

I also use the 8-ball on all the pool themed tables. It looks fantastic on Big Shot, and it's one of the freebies.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The eyeball also has good contrast making it highly visible on most tables. Depending on the table and the lighting, many of the ball designs look cool but are hard to see on certain tables. I wish they had a white one.

I also use the 8-ball on all the pool themed tables. It looks fantastic on Big Shot, and it's one of the freebies.

The golf ball on NGG and Tee'd Off is fun. I like the swirl ball, personally.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012

The Funhouse ball looks great. I use it all the time as it gives me less of a distraction when I play.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The golf ball on NGG and Tee'd Off is fun. I like the swirl ball, personally.
Oh yeah, there's a zebra stripe ball, but the twilight zone ball is more uniform. Some tables like Gorgar and Black Knight (original, not 2000) are hard to look at though with any color ball.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
If it's about making the game easier (and not about fun), the yellow smiley ball is the solution on 90% of tables.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
If it's about making the game easier (and not about fun), the yellow smiley ball is the solution on 90% of tables.
But the gold ball is nicer looking and similarly visible. Smiley kind of screams out "Derp!"

A lot of the textures don't show up playing in 720p on my smallish 23" monitor anyway.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
No season 3 balls?

Wouldn't it take probably less than 5 minutes per ball to create for a 3D artist? I'd buy them.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts