Beta 1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rom

Nov 3, 2012
Hi guys. Quick question.
Does the muscle man toy actually pop up in the game now?
Because in the video FS posted on youtube it doesn't. On the real game it hops quickly up and down if you hit the target. Would be a miss if it was just standing there though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hi guys. Quick question.
Does the muscle man toy actually pop up in the game now?
Because in the video FS posted on youtube it doesn't. On the real game it hops quickly up and down if you hit the target. Would be a miss if it was just standing there though.

The muscle man animation is missing on the Android beta build as well as the pop bumper animations (like in EATPM) and of course the slingshot animations (which are still missing on many tables). I really hope these animations get added into the table. I would hate to see a trend of missing animations begin to take shape.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Initial impressions subject to change after a full charge on the battery.

Firepower is a drain Monster. The pop bumpers aren't animated and seem to be rather unsensitive. The ball can bounce off of them on occasion without them "popping."

This is on a Nexus 10

The slack pop bumpers are not just on your device. I actually thought some switches were broken... And yes, the table is hungry.

N

Nik Barbour

New tables are both smooth on Nexus7.
Hud scaling for Firepower is too small.
5esutu4y.jpg

Camera 1 portrait could do with a slight zoom out, the outlanes are a little cropped.

Nice work with the improved flipper control. Thanks Ryan.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The muscle man animation is missing on the Android beta build as well as the pop bumper animations (like in EATPM) and of course the slingshot animations (which are still missing on many tables). I really hope these animations get added into the table. I would hate to see a trend of missing animations begin to take shape.

Things like pop bumper and sling shot animations should be a target for beta inclusion. But like you say, they are often excluded.

To me, the animations seem simple. Is there an underlying reason why these are not included?

Although there is evidence of alpha blended flasher animations, the quality and vibrance we saw on AFM simply isn't there in these tables. I think AFM benefited from a darker upper area of the playfield, which showcased these against the black cabinet lining.

N

Nik Barbour

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but tip passes are now possible along with lightly bouncing the ball on the tip of the flippers. I'll have to do some more testing to see what else is possible. :D

Noticed this was tweaked again - very nice, just been bouncing a few passes around in TZ.
I was managed to pull off some cruder tip passes in the last version, also cradle separations. But definitely improved.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Firepower is a drain Monster. The pop bumpers aren't animated and seem to be rather unsensitive. The ball can bounce off of them on occasion without them "popping."

The pop bumpers on Firepower are indeed animated (slingshots as well). You can see them by selecting fixed camera angle 4 (preferably in portrait view).

N

Nik Barbour

Almost forgot to say - Happy 1st birthday Android version TPA! :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Things like pop bumper and sling shot animations should be a target for beta inclusion. But like you say, they are often excluded.

To me, the animations seem simple. Is there an underlying reason why these are not included?

Although there is evidence of alpha blended flasher animations, the quality and vibrance we saw on AFM simply isn't there in these tables. I think AFM benefited from a darker upper area of the playfield, which showcased these against the black cabinet lining.

Also, notice how the alpha blended flashers and table lighting are not blended properly as the refections from the lighting have defined edges instead of fading towards the edge of the reflections.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
iOS beta tester here, all the things your mention are the same on the iOS beta, lack of animation on dude pop bumpers, slings and the big shot model. On Firepower is the right flipper aligned with the inlane guide on the android build? It isn't on the 3 iOS builds so far so the ball jumps over the flipper. Just wondering if we share the same problems as it seems so reading this thread.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
iOS beta tester here, all the things your mention are the same on the iOS beta, lack of animation on dude pop bumpers, slings and the big shot model. On Firepower is the right flipper aligned with the inlane guide on the android build? It isn't on the 3 iOS builds so far so the ball jumps over the flipper. Just wondering if we share the same problems as it seems so reading this thread.

Just did a quick check on this and the ball seems to flow smoothly from the right inlane guide onto the right flipper. I'm not sure what could be causing that on the iOS build.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just did a quick check on this and the ball seems to flow smoothly from the right inlane guide onto the right flipper. I'm not sure what could be causing that on the iOS build.

Ok thanks. On the iOS build it looks like the flipper is slightly too high. We've reported it each build but no fix as of yet. Things like the lack of animations really bug me, especially in this case with this particular type of pop bumper.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok thanks. On the iOS build it looks like the flipper is slightly too high. We've reported it each build but no fix as of yet. Things like the lack of animations really bug me, especially in this case with this particular type of pop bumper.

At the very least, pop bumper and slingshot animations should be standard and not be missing from any tables at this point.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
At the very least, pop bumper and slingshot animations should be standard and not be missing from any tables at this point.

Agreed, things like this rarely get fixed though. FS seem to be interested in bugs but not things like this, I'm always reporting slingshot animations and view angles ( 4 on firepower isn't low enough in my opinion, same as MB, Gorgar, Genie and NGG ) but they never listen, they seem to be decisions that they have made, not un-noticed faults/bugs.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Agreed, things like this rarely get fixed though. FS seem to be interested in bugs but not things like this, I'm always reporting slingshot animations and view angles ( 4 on firepower isn't low enough in my opinion, same as MB, Gorgar, Genie and NGG ) but they never listen, they seem to be decisions that they have made, not un-noticed faults/bugs.

I'm just waiting for them to do their next round of bulk artwork/animation fixes like they did a few months ago. When they do, I have huge list of artwork/animation corrections that I will submit to them (possibly personally since I may take my daughter to the Texas Pinball Festival next month). :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Some observations from Dr Dude attract mode.

The light bulb is also missing from the "Heart of Rock 'n' Roll" plastic even though it still flashes. As far as I know, the "Jackpot Ready" plastic never flashes and as you pointed out, it's missing the light bulb as well.

And again...please soften the contrast on the white elements of both tables, especially the flippers, as they are somewhat distracting at the level of contrast they are currently set at.

@FarSight...while I understand you guys are trying to get back on track with monthly table pack releases, please don't rush these tables out if they're not finished yet. The Dr. Dude table, while almost complete and already plays great, still needs a little work as most of us have pointed out.

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Nexus 7 /JB 4.2.1 playing Dr Dude with camera view 2. got to "You're a cool dude" & a two-ball multiball. shot one ball into the molecular mixmaster and the camera pans to the mixmaster and stays on it until both balls drain. (it was the last ball on a bad game anyways).

as others have already commented, those whites are whiter than my regular wash-powder (no, i don't want to swap!).... i agree they need turning down a couple of shades.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Is the Dude-O-Meter supposed not to reset with each new game ? it's stuck at Major Dude.... Making it trivial to reach Super dude and the Gazillion shot opportunity. The shot however is proving not quite so trivial. i've now had 5 failed attempts at the Gazillion shot (4 separate games) ;-( very frustrating when every single freakin time one of the two balls is an instant drain. So long as that Dude-o-meter doesn't reset.... i'm going to score the gazillion sooner or later.

someone who's familiar with this table .... it doesn't work this way does it ? (like the Elvira and the party monsters letters staying lit up to letter 'I' until the 3 mill is scored ?)

OK... i'm answering myself now.... it reset after i scored the Gazillion.... (i'm not going to spoil your fun and disclose how much though). I'm now going back to ST:TNG and something way more frustrating

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Another artwork issue. Why not use the perfectly solid Dr. Dude logo you have on your backglass instead of the current logo with the questionable looking scuffs and scratches on the letters. I know it's a minor issue, but I just want to understand why things like this are getting through.

Also, I've noticed on the last couple of tables that wear and tear on the playfield is no longer being completely touched up by the artists to look like new. Is this because of time constraints or is there another reason why this is no longer being done 100%?

I'm just trying to understand why polish on things like this is being put on the back burner. You're representing major pinball companies and licensed properties with your already great simulator, it's time to start polishing it up and make it an outstanding representation of these classic machines.

I know you guys can do it, but "the boss" is going to have to make the decision to give you guys the extra time you need to polish up these tables. Jay and Bobby...make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.