Beta 1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

Nexus 7 /JB 4.2.1 playing Dr Dude with camera view 2. got to "You're a cool dude" & a two-ball multiball. shot one ball into the molecular mixmaster and the camera pans to the mixmaster and stays on it until both balls drain. (it was the last ball on a bad game anyways).

as others have already commented, those whites are whiter than my regular wash-powder (no, i don't want to swap!).... i agree they need turning down a couple of shades.

Had the exact same thing happen to me (not sure which camera I had on). Only difference is I had it during a great game and the camera got locked after hitting the gazzillion shot! Same device and JB version.

N

netizen

Is the Dude-O-Meter supposed not to reset with each new game ?

It carries over from game to game, unless you quit or exit TPA

This is the behaviour of the actual table, iirc. Oh and you can check the instructions.

N

netizen

The pop bumpers on Firepower are indeed animated (slingshots as well). You can see them by selecting fixed camera angle 4 (preferably in portrait view).
If they can only be seen from one angle, in one perspective, then the concepts of being animated, in both the literal and descriptive sense, is not being met.

I gauge my remark based on the default view setting of 1. Even though I prefer to play in 2 or 3. Still the Angle is irrelevant. The effects of table events should be visible regardless of the angle viewed, and only slightly dependant on perspective.

The real tables bumper action can be seen from nearly right above it. Maybe the rings in the bumpers need to be made "larger", and of a slightly more contrasting colour to both the bumper and the playfield colour. This would be eye catching in its movement, and help give the idea of more motion when the switches are triggered and the bumpers are popping.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
It carries over from game to game, unless you quit or exit TPA

This is the behaviour of the actual table, iirc. Oh and you can check the instructions.

yeah, RTFM I know. I've just checked and it's in there. thanks tho for the heads up. there's lots of useful info in the instructions if one takes the time to check.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Had the exact same thing happen to me (not sure which camera I had on). Only difference is I had it during a great game and the camera got locked after hitting the gazzillion shot! Same device and JB version.

bummer, I feel your pain. it took 7 or 8 attempts before I converted the gazillion shot. I kept getting merciless drains and even a couple of carambolages that drained one of the two multi balls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

N

Nik Barbour

Camera angle whinge...
I appreciate the table sizes are different and varying, but why can't there be some standard config for the preset camera angle numbers.

Eg playing landscape

To get preferred angle for Firepower I need camera 4
atadeta5.jpg

Yet equivalent camera for Dr Dude is camera 1
qezy7ypu.jpg

Really annoying having to change camera angles between tables, especially when you initially forget and have to change in game.

N

Nik Barbour

Landscape plunge camera 2 - cant see plunger tip properly on either of the new tables.
6ade2ere.jpg

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If they can only be seen from one angle, in one perspective, then the concepts of being animated, in both the literal and descriptive sense, is not being met.

I gauge my remark based on the default view setting of 1. Even though I prefer to play in 2 or 3. Still the Angle is irrelevant. The effects of table events should be visible regardless of the angle viewed, and only slightly dependant on perspective.

The real tables bumper action can be seen from nearly right above it. Maybe the rings in the bumpers need to be made "larger", and of a slightly more contrasting colour to both the bumper and the playfield colour. This would be eye catching in its movement, and help give the idea of more motion when the switches are triggered and the bumpers are popping.

Actually, you can see the animation on camera angle 1 locked as well, but I get what you're saying. The rings in the video seem to be a darker color than the ones in the TPA version which is why they're very pronounced.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Nik, I am always moaning about camera angles in portrait on ios. I like 4 for almost all tables except;
1) FH and CFTBL cam 4 is very low so I use cam 1 which is the same as 4 on most other tables.
2) MB, Gorgar, Genie, NGG and now Firepower ; I use cam 4 as its the lowest but its actually only as low as cam 1 on most other tables which really bugs me.

So...Farsight please give us more view options or let us set the angle ourselves ( probably not practicle ).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So...Farsight please give us more view options or let us set the angle ourselves ( probably not practicle ).

The table exploration camera (especially the initial one) shows that this is very possible. I hope Bobby makes the decision to let the user set and save the zoom and angle of each table to our preference soon.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Another artwork issue. Why not use the perfectly solid Dr. Dude logo you have on your backglass instead of the current logo with the questionable looking scuffs and scratches on the letters. I know it's a minor issue, but I just want to understand why things like this are getting through.

Also, I've noticed on the last couple of tables that wear and tear on the playfield is no longer being completely touched up by the artists to look like new. Is this because of time constraints or is there another reason why this is no longer being done 100%?

I'm just trying to understand why polish on things like this is being put on the back burner. You're representing major pinball companies and licensed properties with your already great simulator, it's time to start polishing it up and make it an outstanding representation of these classic machines.

I know you guys can do it, but "the boss" is going to have to make the decision to give you guys the extra time you need to polish up these tables. Jay and Bobby...make it happen!

The cauldron ramp on EATPM has evidence of ball abrasion (dark patch where the balls are rubbing) and the area around the flippers of Dr Dude show evidence of the same.

I have a feeling that the reason the Dr Dude issue exists is that the spotted texture of that playfield region may pose a challenge to touch up cleanly.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The cauldron ramp on EATPM has evidence of ball abrasion (dark patch where the balls are rubbing) and the area around the flippers of Dr Dude show evidence of the same.

I have a feeling that the reason the Dr Dude issue exists is that the spotted texture of that playfield region may pose a challenge to touch up cleanly.

Doing a redraw of textured areas such as the area around the flippers in Dr. Dude should not be a problem. I've redrawn more complex textures with great results...and I'm no professional artist.

Ryan, I want to apologize for going off topic and into art issues (which I know you have no control over), but I thought I would lay that out there for you and hope that maybe these issues can be brought up in your next meeting. I love The Pinball Arcade and I only want to see it succeed beyond expectations and continue on into the next generation of gaming.

Ok, now back to posting Android related and game breaking bugs...I promise. :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just wrapped up a summary post on PAF G+ with all the observations to date:

Overall:
* some testers are reporting improved flipper physics are implemented on these tables, and Twilight Zone.

Dr Dude:
* some of the alpha-blended flasher effects are not pronounced enough.
* the jumper bumper animations and sling shot animations are missing.
* the "muscle man" figure does not jump like it should.
* Issues with Pro-mode performance (stuttering)
* Missing Alpha-numeric display in attract mode.
* Missing Jackpot Lit light on the mixmaster ramp, and no back-lit flasher effect.
* White contrast set way too high.
* Evidence of table wear marks on the table, that have not been sanitized.

Firepower:
* Pop bumpers and slingshot animations only available in View 4
* Pop bumpers are unresponsive when hit from the top of the bumper.
* Score display is way too small.

N

netizen

I had a ball go right through a flipper on Firepower.

Also, something doesn't look right with the perspective. Maybe it's just in my head.

http://i.imgur.com/7aVzqAM.png
http://i.imgur.com/3LQZnFP.png
http://i.imgur.com/uz5aBWZ.png

In your first pic the HUD is behind the menu elements, but on a second look at other scripted tables, like Big Shot, that seems to be the norm.

I had mentioned the Landscape perspective differences a couple builds ago. The change in perspectives, Landscape/Portrait, seem to really make a difference on specific table goals and some target physics, imo.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Device: Nexus 7 / Jelly bean

Bug: On Dr. Dude, the camera pans up to the molecular mixer during multiball and stays there until the balls drain.

Frequency: 20%?

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012

Bug: On Dr. Dude, the camera pans up the molecular mixer even when the camera is locked.

Frequency: 100%

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Bug: On Dr. Dude, the camera pans up to the molecular mixer during multiball and stays there until the balls drain.

Frequency: 20%?

Now that this has been noted several times, I may have been correct after all in reporting this issue in an earlier post. This definitely needs to be looked into.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
nexus 7 JB 4.2.1. just finished a game of firepower (at least I thought I was on last ball), and on ball drain firepower says "you won, mission accomplished", but I don't exit to registration on local high score table (518,750). table is stuck, there is still a ball in the left ball lock/saucer, and I can still flip. guess I really did win; I killed firepower.

postscript... attendent useless (never finds stuck ball) but i was able to tilt to successfully end game and then register a high-score..... maybe i lost my bonus :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.