Beta 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
Wow latest beta is a great improvement on my lenovo ideatab a2109 (tegra3 quad core) much smoother

I can now play medieval madness with high textures

Thanks

Even star trek and Ripley's are good which weren't before

The lenovo is a 9" with 1gb ram, the screen isn't great though but it was very cheap! Can't recall resolution I think its 720p

It doesn't look quite as crisp as the ipad 2, could be the screen it just looks a bit upscaled and slightly muddy compared to iPad 2 - I reckon its my tablet :)

Great job Ryan, thank you

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I can now play medieval madness with high textures...

I've seen that mentioned a couple of times, where is the setting to change the textures from high to low?

In the options all I see is manage tables, controls, sound, and our mission. Am I missing something?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, can you please update the "What's New" section in your app description on Google Play?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
The option will only be there if your hardware supports it.

Thanks, I guess it just isn't supported on Nexus 4 or Nexus 7. Would that setting have helped with the stuttering I was getting in the previous builds? I guess that doesn't matter now as Beta 16 plays with no stutters at all, I'm just concerned because I'm getting the new nexus 7 and you guys have mentioned fill rate is a problem with HiDef displays.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You also need to add Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts to the OUYA Store App/Game description...if it's still possible.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe the stuttering you're seeing on your N7 is beause of your custom ROM?

There was never stuttering on the N7 just on the N4 which is now fixed with the latest build. I honestly don't know if the custom rom had anything to do with it, but the optimizations ryan did recently got rid of it completely.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
RBioN seems fixed on N10 now? I just got the 4.3 Jellybean update if that's got something to do with it? not sure as both updates happened at once. The graphic drivers have been updated in this version of Android.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Try holding in portrait mode

I have found that on the TF300T, playing in portrait mode offers a better experience. Camera views seen to be better as far as going from standard play to multiball cam, and aliasing seems to be better (sharper "far away" graphics).

I seem to remember reading that there is something at the Android system level that makes drawing better in portrait. I can't lay my eyes on it, but it was in a beta thread many moons ago.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Portrait is a much better experience, overall, the only time i play in landscape is when i'm taking video.

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
Portrait is a much better experience, overall, the only time i play in landscape is when i'm taking video.

Me too, I just noticed I don't see the option without scrolling if I'm in landscape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts