Beta 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Last 2 releases have been impressive - WhirlWind and Flight2000 are brilliant tables. Thanks Ryan for the nudge enhancements + performance fixes. Tables are playing seriously well at the moment. Physics has steadily improved as to has the graphics - which whilst not as nice as the PS3/Xbox they getting better. Cactus Canyon was a disappointment due to the text being difficult to read. Recent tables are nice and clear.

Ryan - do you think the mechanical sounds will likely ever get an update this year? Watching PAPA videos, it's the mechanical sounds that TPA seems to fall down on with regards to realism.

btw: the promo for Flight2000 - was that from the Xbox or PS3?

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
one other thing I forgot to mention. I always swipe my finger for nudging rather than tapping. Since the nudge improvements I am finding my swipe resulting in a TILT. Flight2000 is very sensitive to this technique and results in many TILTS for me. Is this in any way related to your nudge updates Ryan?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Galaxy Note2:

The game crashes nearly every time you return from the home screen now.

If I minimize the app to take a phone call or text message. Returning to it usually freezes it for a bit before it crashes to the home screen. I'm prerry sure its every time now

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Actually I did that too. It made me think the ultimate nudging technique would be just one big centre touch area for swiping. The nudge would then be accordind to how you swipe; the direction, speed and lenght of the swipe would correspond to how the table is nudged. Imagine that :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

Clipped graphics on the fly over of pinbot table.

*Details*

The right sling has a missing rubber and clipped rendering on the post at a low angle.

6use2agu.jpg

*Device*

TF300T 4.2.1 stock

K

Korven

Had a ball vanish on Monster Bash during mosh pit multi ball. Totally broke the game like the similar bug on TZ.

Never had any problems with MB before, another table on the "don't play list.."

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Has anyone tried this on an older device yet? I think Bonzo said he was using a 1ghz single core.

Yup, old phone here. Finally had a look at the latest build. No good on my phone unfortunately.

The only good news is that of all the tables I've tested Big Shot, Firepower, Gorgar and Genie run smooth as silk, maybe even a little better than before.

On the other hand all other tables suffer from lag. With Black Hole, Central Park and Rbion it's bearable. But TotAN, FH, EatPM, Dr. Dude, WH2O, BoP and CftBL are unplayable. The lag reminds me of bad 80s TV slomo (constantly changing speed, fast, slow, fast, slow...) with added extra flipper lag of maybe about 100 ms. :(

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yup, old phone here. Finally had a look at the latest build. No good on my phone unfortunately.

The only good news is that of all the tables I've tested Big Shot, Firepower, Gorgar and Genie run smooth as silk, maybe even a little better than before.

On the other hand all other tables suffer from lag. With Black Hole, Central Park and Rbion it's bearable. But TotAN, FH, EatPM, Dr. Dude, WH2O, BoP and CftBL are unplayable. The lag reminds me of bad 80s TV slomo (constantly changing speed, fast, slow, fast, slow...) with added extra flipper lag of maybe about 100 ms. :(

My SGS plays everything smooth, that's a 1ghz A8 single core.

Could this be Gingerbread vs Jellybean.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I just tried TPA beta on Motorola Droid3, it runs GB 2.3.6, dual core 1GHz 512MB. TPA ran surprisingly smooth, no stuttering, no lag. Looks great.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Nudge profiles are definately a great improvement on how things were previously, however i'd like to think there is still room for additional tweaking.

- would it be possible to have zones be 100% user configurable? or seen differently, to have so many pre-defined zones (not just A through F, but so many defined, eg. 30? or 50? of them) that the impression is given that this is fully user-configured

- i'd also love there to be one or more profiles where there is no nudge zone along the bottom of the input area. previously we had a nudge zone starting at about half distance up the screen (and extending to top of screen) which was almost an impossible stretch to get to quickly enough. so i have simply gotten used to not using the nudge. now we have a nudge zone that is very easy to reach, but does cause occasional, unintended activation. A,B & F are the best for me, principally because the central nudge zone is the narrower setting.... but i'd love to see a profile choice where the central nudge zone is pushed up by circa 4cm / 1.5" (on a nexus 7 screen) so that there is no nudgable area along the bottom flipping area.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Ryan you've fixed RBioN performance on the N10!

Edit: Well nearly, it was smooth for a minute before it dropped to 30fps.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
doh. I am not surprised though since we get reports of that table running horribly on ios as well, which shows that its a problem with the table (the emulation is extremely heavy actually). There is a physics performance optimization on the drawing board that might help steal some cycles back, but when I get another chance I'll take a look. Any improvements besides that table at all?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I had no problems on any other tables besides Flight 2000 but that's fine now too.

Why is it that RBioN struggles when Harley is based on the same (Whitestar) system?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Why is it that RBioN struggles when Harley is based on the same (Whitestar) system?
Harley Davidson is the 3rd Edition of the table, the 1st Edition was made by Sega back in 1999. There were not many changes to the ROM in between the 3 editions. So while it's still Whitestar, it's older Whitestar, and probably not as taxing to emulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts