Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
You would get it for TZ and ST:TNG.

That would be nice. If Farsight would communicate that the proper way (like: on the Kickstarter page) and not in some lost Facebook comment (WTF!) that would be even better. I'm still quite amazed by the poor communication (to put it nicely) from Farsight.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
What about people that chose that dismissed the PC kickstarter as they didn't think it would arrive in a reasonable amount of time?

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
So, since the PC release seems again months away, any word about when you guys are planning to release the beta version?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Sure would be nice to get the PC version, beta or other. Hopefully AFM will be released tomorrow or Friday for IOS. That could make up for it.

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Sure this will appease the kickstarter sponsors, but is appeasing the Kickstarter sponsors the aim of beta-testing?
Maybe I'm just feeling sour because I came in too late for the whole kickstarter party... but is it?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Sure this will appease the kickstarter sponsors, but is appeasing the Kickstarter sponsors the aim of beta-testing?
Maybe I'm just feeling sour because I came in too late for the whole kickstarter party... but is it?

I wouldn't consider it "appeasement", since many people gave money in good faith thinking PA would be available on PC, and thus wanted to play the kickstarter tables on that platform.
Or maybe, like me, you're feeling sour because PA is not available on PC after more than a year since the announcement that PA would be appearing on it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
As a kickstarter supporter who opted for the PC version as one of the platforms and am still waiting patiently for the the January build that was promised, however I just read a recent post from Farsight buried in Facebook saying it will be delayed as they need to get the PC version running on W8 and XP. Most of the world uses XP so I can't believe it isn't running yet on that. Why don't they make these announcements through the Kickstarter page or through email?

I seriously think that the PC version is way down the list if priorities which explains the lack of effort in the Steam greenlight pages. I want PA to succeed and have a good long run, so I don't mind waiting for the PC version, however I wish we can just be told straight how it is. Also please let's see announcement made here in this forum and through the official KS channels, rather than have to wade through comments on Facebook which is quite frankly torture is the severest form.

Last edited:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
If Farsight can use Amazon to sell the Android game, why can't they use that to sell the PC version?

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I would buy from Amazon if they did that. Does this mean they have to implement software DRM though? It was all so awful before Steam made it tolerable. I don't play this game at all anymore and I would like to, so I'd be happy just to see something going with the PC side of things.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Digital downloads on Amazon.com is only available for those who live in USA. I will cry and be mad if this is the only way they can sell it on PC. If you get it 2-3 months before everyone else I will envy you but understand it :)

(there is of course amazon.co.uk and amazon.de etc)

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
It's a legal thing of some kind. I really really want a Collector's Edition of the new Tomb Raider game, but I will have to go through a friend in the UK to get it because Square Enix is only selling it through download services in the US.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Just so everyone knows, FarSight is releasing a Beta build to ALL backers that elected the PC version as their platform of choice on The Twilight Zone and/or Star Trek : The Next Generation Kickstarter campaigns that way they can play the table they backed and see how the PC version looks.

Just when was/is this suppose to happen? Now that we are into Februry. More delays?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just when was/is this suppose to happen? Now that we are into Februry. More delays?

You must have missed my News Update on 01/26/13...

• The special PC build for The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation kickstarter backers has been pushed into February so that FarSight can get it running on Windows 8 and Windows XP at the same time.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, to me that says FarSight have already sourced a way to get the game out on PC. Why waste time on different PC operating systems otherwise? Would it really be just for the Kickstarter backers?

Last edited:

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, to me that says FarSight have already sourced a way to get the game out on PC. Why waste time on different PC operating systems otherwise? Would it really be just for the Kickstarter backers?

I doubt that the devs who tweak the code are the same people taking care of the distribution disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.